DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #16
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
Regarding testing your patience - with your first contract you are eager to get in, and you are often eager to book, It could take three or four months - more if you want a specific sort of in demand contract - from deciding to purchase to being able to book. If the trip you want to use points for is six months from now, that might not work well.

By resale for a trip a year or more out, not one for six months from now.

If you buy direct, once Disney has a deposit they'll make a reservation for you (subject to availability with travel after your closing).
Only if you are buying at a resort Disney is currently selling. If you buy at one of the classic resorts buying from Disney will take as long as resale as you will have to wait list.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #17
DrKnow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
Only if you are buying at a resort Disney is currently selling. If you buy at one of the classic resorts buying from Disney will take as long as resale as you will have to wait list.
(Newbie here)
So, you can still buy points for classic resorts from Disney? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.... that means, you can buy Beach Club, WL, etc. via non-resale? For some reason I thought you could only buy AKL and Grand Floridian Villas through Disney right now?

1982 Offsite
1985 Offsite
1990 Caribbean Beach Resort
1996 All Star Music
2002 Caribbean Beach Resort
2003 Wilderness Lodge
2012 Coronado Springs
2013 Yacht Club
DrKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKnow View Post

(Newbie here)
So, you can still buy points for classic resorts from Disney? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.... that means, you can buy Beach Club, WL, etc. via non-resale? For some reason I thought you could only buy AKL and Grand Floridian Villas through Disney right now?
Yes...the guides will try to persuade you for one of the others and they may not have the points "in stock" and you will have to go on a waiting list, but if that is what you really want, ask for it.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #19
SFlaDisneyfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post

Yes...the guides will try to persuade you for one of the others and they may not have the points "in stock" and you will have to go on a waiting list, but if that is what you really want, ask for it.
Our guide this weekend told us he had people on the BCV waitlist for "more than two years" and Disney would no longer be ROFR any more BCV contracts. I should just forget about getting BCV. He would be glad to sell me lots of VGF points though.
SFlaDisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #20
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFlaDisneyfans View Post
Our guide this weekend told us he had people on the BCV waitlist for "more than two years" and Disney would no longer be ROFR any more BCV contracts. I should just forget about getting BCV. He would be glad to sell me lots of VGF points though.
Well he's actually a timeshare sales person. : And wants to sell to you now, not some date in the future.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #21
brmillsy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKnow View Post
(Newbie here)
This is the impression that almost everyone has when the first look into DVC. The guides keep you thinking this for obvious reasons. Their goal is to sell the new resorts. Most people don't ask the question: "I really like the wilderness lodge - would they sell that to me?"

Also what is interesting is that they usually say that you could one day sell your interest on the open market in case you decide it is no longer for you. Most people do not immediately connect the dots and ask themselves: "If I could sell my interest then there must be someone who would buy it from me. I'm a buyer now so why not see if someone would sell theirs to me? What would that look like?"

You don't have to have any answers but you have to be willing to ask the questions.

You are doing the smart thing and asking the questions before you buy. That is a really good way to land on the best solution for you.

Also as you go through the process I would advise that you don't make yourself too crazy with the analysis. If you stay out of the major pitfalls and you can use the product the way it works best you will likely get lots of value out of it, not to mention a ton of enjoyment for many years to come.

Good luck in whatever you decide!
brmillsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #22
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsolar View Post
Hello. After being on DCL, I sat through a DVC presentation. Now that I'm completely interested, what is the downside to resale? What perks won't I get if I bought directly from Disney?
Thanks in advance!
Buying resale has only one advantage over buying direct and that is in the price.

Resale can be slow, frustrating, and scarey. You could lose all perks one day, so make sure you know what you are buying and what are the perks, that way you won't be disappointed in the future. Remember though that even direct perks can also disappear at any time.

The benefits buying direct over resale are all intangible, so it is up to each buyer to assign their own value to them, while the one and only benefit to resale is price.

For myself, if the difference was somewhere around $10/point I'd take direct any day. If I can get resale for 50% off then I'd take resale all the time.

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: