Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #2671
VeeHam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocat65 View Post

Is this a PIN or a public offer?
Yes, where did this info come from? Thanks!!

Old 07-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #2672
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairyy2180 View Post
The POFQ went do they put up the August calendar
I usually get a copy 'pixie-dusted' my way a few days before the end of the previous month. I fly over to WDW on 31 July, so if worst comes to worst I'll post it from over there.

Andrew

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #2673
pinkfairyy2180
Earning My Ears

We will be there on August 14 to 21 for the first time in Disney and, soo many people recommend this resort.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #2674
cmjensen
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know where the nearest general store is on Disney property near POFQ? I'm looking for full size boxes of cereal and gallon milk. Can only use Disney transportation.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #2675
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjensen View Post
Does anyone know where the nearest general store is on Disney property near POFQ? I'm looking for full size boxes of cereal and gallon milk. Can only use Disney transportation.

Thanks
I think you will need to go off site for those items. Closest to POFQ take boat to DTD and the store is right across the street. We made a trip there in Feb very easy to get to. Boat is faster and nicer ride as well.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #2676
cmjensen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zy144622

I think you will need to go off site for those items. Closest to POFQ take boat to DTD and the store is right across the street. We made a trip there in Feb very easy to get to. Boat is faster and nicer ride as well.
I'm going to DTD the first night there to eat at T-REX. Do you happen to know the name of the store or where it is located from the restaurant?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #2677
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm going to DTD the first night there to eat at T-REX. Do you happen to know the name of the store or where it is located from the restaurant?
The stores name is Goodings I think and they are open 24hours. From T-Rex you would walk to bus stops for resorts and cross the street. My guess is quarter mile walk.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #2678
cmjensen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zy144622

The stores name is Goodings I think and they are open 24hours. From T-Rex you would walk to bus stops for resorts and cross the street. My guess is quarter mile walk.
Thank you for your help.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #2679
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
We check out on the 9th, so we are missing FD to. Oh well.
We check out on the 9th as well......... I guess I have to repeat the "Oh well"...

Poussière de fée!

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Old 07-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #2680
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

checking out of POFQ after 5 nights. We loved our room in building 5 and will ask for it when we return again! We had great mousekeeping every day and was given extra towels when asked. The food court was busy but it flowed well. The bus service was pretty good as well. We used it from DTD which took over an hour (we'll drive next time lol), Epcot, and MK which both of those were quick and flawless! The boat to DTD was very nice but they suspend service during bad weather but at least they have the bus as an option and you don't have to wait. The pool was busy around the 4th and then the crowds started to die off and it was very easy to get chairs as of yesterday and the day before. Overall we had a great time and the lobby refurbishment did not bother us but it will be nice when it's done! The online check-in was quick and our room was ready when we arrived at 10am (the time given during online check-in process). We are off to BC for two nights to end the trip and look forward to returning to POFQ again!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #2681
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

Was the resort real busy? July 4 is abusy week as far as I know and I would like to know how busy it may be in August when we go (Auguts 26-31) which is supposed to be a slower week.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #2682
karen4546
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairyy2180 View Post
We will be there on August 14 to 21 for the first time in Disney and, soo many people recommend this resort.
I think you will enjoy POFQ. If you have small children - the pool area is great with the big slide- if you don't have children and it is all adults - you will also enjoy the resort. I liked it because it is not HUGE like the other resorts and it is only a short walk to Riverside (they have a sit down restaurant) and other entertainment. The bus system was good and the boat ride was relaxing. I enjoyed the food @ the quick service restaurant (beignets! and chocolate croissants!) . If you like the hustle and bustle of crowds then some other resort would be better, this one is more southern feeling (chill)- and I would know as I am a Louisiana native for 44 years! I stayed at AKL in Feb. , and it was okay-I was not impressed really- oh it was beautiful and had great restaurants-but while there I would have switched to POFQ if it had been an option. We are going back in Sept. to POFQ - I hope you enjoy your stay.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #2683
vicky33006
Mouseketeer

Hi!!!

So.... I'm jumping into this thread to get some opinions on our trip coming up. We are more than likely going to be at WDW in February for President's Day Week and I'm considering POFQ. We want to stay for 8 nights but I need to see the prices when Disney releases them before I decide on that. Last trip we stayed at POR and LOVED it! I've only ever stayed there and POP so my experience is limited. So...if I loved POR would I still love POFQ? I like the theme I think. I like that it's smaller. We were very fortunate and had a great room location at POR, but I know we might not get that this time. I'm really trying to decide which mod resort to go with, so any advice? I read the FAQs and I'm just wondering what the pros and cons are of the resort. Thanks!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #2684
jwmoss
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks
You can google "Disney Grocery Delivery" and you'll get options of stores that deliver. There is a fee though.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #2685
cmjensen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmoss

You can google "Disney Grocery Delivery" and you'll get options of stores that deliver. There is a fee though.
Sweet, didn't know that was an option.
Thanks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: