Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #2641
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
checked in at 10:45am (online check-in 10am) and our room was ready! We got our request for building 5 and the same room we've had twice already this year! I love walking out the door and seeing the beautiful river!! Building 5 seems a little busy but the real test will be the food court tomorrow!

went to DTD by way of boat which took 20 mins to get on the boat. When we left, the boats were closed bc of the weather so we took a bus which took just over an hour. Next time we will drive, lol. Other than that, it has been a good day!! The lobby refurb is blocked and can't see anything. The CM had us sit at a table and chairs outside the bar while she got our packet. It went very smoothly!
Provided I'm not trying to get to ARD on time, I don't mind the slow transport at WDW.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #2642
TI double-GUH ER
Mouseketeer

Hi! We're returning to POFQ in August - cant wait!!
We are considering online check in and are debating room location requests.
Last time we were in building 1. I loved it but DH wants something "closer". (I know it isn't that far but....)
We have little ones who might nap and will be (hopefully) in bed early at night. So how loud are the ferry horns in building 2, and has anyone been kept awake by the movie in buildings 4 or 5??
Any recommendations for a building? Thanks!!
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #2643
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal View Post
You might see if AAA is offering discounts, assuming you are a member. We booked our June stay on Orbitz for POFQ, better discount than offered through Disney at the time, and had no problems at all.
I booked through disney w a AAA discount and saved a whooping 60 bucks! 9 nights, $2,000......so no discount really unless you consider 60 off a discount. Is pofq worth that much? After WL and BC will we be disappointed? We had great discounts previous stays. Pofq os definitely appealing but will it be a huge step down?
Old 07-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #2644
talmarsh
Earning My Ears

I hope this is not a silly question... But is the Queen bed good for two?
It's less than two months for me and my girlfriend s visit and we booked the standard.
Thanks
Old 07-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #2645
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmarsh View Post
It's less than two months for me and my girlfriend s visit and we booked the standard.
Thanks
Depends on what you are accustomed to; if a king bed then this will be smaller, but the queen beds are new, quality and plenty big. Much better than a full mattress. You should find plenty of room.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 07-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #2646
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmarsh View Post
Thanks
There are 2 queen size beds in each room unless you book and pay extra for a king.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~
Old 07-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #2647
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35
33 days til we are back "home" at POFQ!
Wish there was a like button...

We call it home too!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

Old 07-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #2648
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132

A Free dining promo starts 11/11
We check out on the 10th...ooh well!

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

Old 07-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #2649
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls

I booked through disney w a AAA discount and saved a whooping 60 bucks! 9 nights, $2,000......so no discount really unless you consider 60 off a discount. Is pofq worth that much? After WL and BC will we be disappointed? We had great discounts previous stays. Pofq os definitely appealing but will it be a huge step down?
We love POFQ, and will stay there every return trip for years to come. Hope you enjoy it as well!

Old 07-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #2650
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I love the way things get blown out of all proportion on the internet. One poster had a problem with roaches in their room about a month ago. POR did not have any spare rooms at the time to move him to while they dealt with the problem, so they gave him a comp upgrade to Saratoga Springs. End of story as far as I know.

But yes, there are insects and bugs in Florida, so I guess that in any location where the doorway opens to the outside world, if you leave the door open something could get in. So no one is going to guarantee you won't find anything ever - but best just hope it's a bunny rabbit not an alligator!

Andre
I'm way behind in reading this thread (Andre's quote above was from page 125). But I could not resist mentioning that on a vacation my DH & I took to Young Island just off St. Vincent in the Caribbean years ago we had the unique experience of having a peacock strut into our room - what fun! I was able to take a few photos but don't have them in digital form so I can't post a picture.

When we visit POFQ I would not mind a bunny rabbit in the room but think it is highly unlikely since we've requested a 2nd or 3rd floor room.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #2651
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z
When we visit POFQ I would not mind a bunny rabbit in the room but think it is highly unlikely since we've requested a 2nd or 3rd floor.
Did you ever see "Monty Python and the Holy Grail?"

Only saying ...

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 07-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #2652
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post

Only saying ...

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~
Old 07-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #2653
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post

Only saying ...
"...with nasty big pointy teeth..."
Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 AM   #2654
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post
"...with nasty big pointy teeth..."
Not to mention Anya's fears in Buffy the Vampire Slayer... "it must be BUNNIES!!!"

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #2655
karly05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI double-GUH ER View Post
Hi! We're returning to POFQ in August - cant wait!!
We are considering online check in and are debating room location requests.
Last time we were in building 1. I loved it but DH wants something "closer". (I know it isn't that far but....)
We have little ones who might nap and will be (hopefully) in bed early at night. So how loud are the ferry horns in building 2, and has anyone been kept awake by the movie in buildings 4 or 5??
Any recommendations for a building? Thanks!!
February this year I was in Bldg 5 facing the lawn. The movie was always playing when I came home in the evenings but only once was I really aware of hearing it from inside the room - it was the climactic portion of "The Incredibles," which involves a lot of crashing and exploding things. Even still, it wasn't that bad, just a few rumbles. I can't imagine you would hear it from Bldg 4.

I really loved my room location: 5344, 3rd floor in the part of Bldg 5 closest to the main building. Go past 4 doors, around the corner, down the stairs, and you're right across from the food court.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: