DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank808 View Post
I got part of my waitlist @ VGC in may of this year. It was for june UY and I got the 2012 points for essentially no maintenance fee and got 2013 points pro r ated. That was a nice litle surprise for direct add on. So mayne no conspiracy theory.
No, it wasn't a conspiracy theory. The guess was since March is such a weird UY (at least for VGC) with few contracts, the best Disney could do was getting a striped contract. So, sometime during the year long waiting period of those two posters, DVC acquired contracts w/o 2012 points, and then had to wait until the 2013 UY started to be able to sell them.

It was just too coincidental that two people, both waiting over a year on the wait list, both for March UY, both got their points the first of March.

I also added on direct at VGC, twice in fact, with a June UY. MUCH more popular UY, # of contract-wise, than March, and got my points after only a few months wait.

It's just that March doesn't seem to have that many and DVC might have been constrained in how they could handle that wait list. Does anyone really think DVC would purposely delay when they would take our money???
Old 06-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #17
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

I love my guide. I started "thinking" about DVC when I was living in Michigan ... around 2007. Then I moved to FL, met my husband... It wasn't until 2011, on our honeymoon when we decided to buy and he remembered me!! He's been awesome. We've done a couple of add-ons, most recently at VGF. He called me last week while staying at the Beach Club to see how our stay was going.

Kimmielee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #18
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesboo99 View Post
We went on the WL Mar 11th for 50 pts at the BCV with an Oct or Sept use year. I was wondering if anyone heard from their guide telling them how they were doing on the list? last time our guide called us had to be about 4-5weeks ago so I was wondering if I should call and see what's going on.
our guide called yesterday to say our December UY 55 WL BCV points were available. Are you still waiting?

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #19
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

Yes we are still waiting..
babesboo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #20
Timeflys4us
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesboo99 View Post
Yes we are still waiting..
Tomorrow makes 4 months waiting for small points for BCV without having received a single call coming from my Guide. At least we still have the 4th of July holiday to celebrate!

Last edited by Timeflys4us; 07-05-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Timeflys4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #21
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank808 View Post
I got part of my waitlist @ VGC in may of this year. It was for june UY and I got the 2012 points for essentially no maintenance fee and got 2013 points pro r ated. That was a nice litle surprise for direct add on. So mayne no conspiracy theory.
I'm also on the VGC waiting list. I have a June use year but said I would take any use year. How long have you been on the WL? You are still waiting for more points, right?
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #22
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

We have been on the WL since Mar 11th. Actually, since I don't need the points till Nov ( which is when we plan to book our vacation for next year) I am in no rush. I just hope to get them before then
babesboo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #23
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer

I am on the waitlist for Boardwalk. I was told that I was 12-15 on the wait list. How does the wait list work?
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #24
Sunshine22
Mouseketeer

We've been waiting since mid March for BCV Feb. use year. We spoke to our guide this week, and he said that it is still taking a long time for small BCV contracts to come through.
Sunshine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #25
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine22 View Post
We've been waiting since mid March for BCV Feb. use year. We spoke to our guide this week, and he said that it is still taking a long time for small BCV contracts to come through.
In Guide speak that means that they are selling to people who want larger contracts first. DVD doesn't wait for a small contract to come to Disney and then they resell it like the resale market does. They collect all of the Feb UY contracts, strip the points and make new contracts in the amount that the customer wants. My guess is that they want to make larger contracts first, less work for more money.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #26
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
In Guide speak that means that they are selling to people who want larger contracts first. DVD doesn't wait for a small contract to come to Disney and then they resell it like the resale market does. They collect all of the Feb UY contracts, strip the points and make new contracts in the amount that the customer wants. My guess is that they want to make larger contracts first, less work for more money.

Bill
I've been waiting since mid march for 100 BCV points Aug UY and nothing here. What do they consider "small" vs "large"?
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #27
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

What bothers me is that my Guide made it sound like I would be able to buy my points within a few weeks. I too am beginning to think that since I told him I wasn't interested in AKV or VGF, he isn't interested in me nor my money. I haven't heard from him since June 17th and I had to call him then. He was still saying I would be able to buy in within a couple weeks. I think I may just head over to the resale market and buy there. I can get a lot more points for the price and while I know that I may get ROFR'ed on, at least I wouldn't feel like I'm being ignored!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #28
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

It's a well know fact that DVD only wants to sell new resorts that are on their active list. The possibility exists that Disney expects all of their money from sales within a certain period. The DVD executives only want new resort sales and the Guides may get a slap on the hand for selling older resorts or they might not get paid the same for the sale.

The other delay is that the Guides don't know what older resort contracts will become available and what UY's will be available. They don't want to tell you that they aren't allowed to know what is going on in their own company and that they can only close your sale when someone else in their company tells them to.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #29
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
It's a well know fact that DVD only wants to sell new resorts that are on their active list. The possibility exists that Disney expects all of their money from sales within a certain period. The DVD executives only want new resort sales and the Guides may get a slap on the hand for selling older resorts or they might not get paid the same for the sale.

The other delay is that the Guides don't know what older resort contracts will become available and what UY's will be available. They don't want to tell you that they aren't allowed to know what is going on in their own company and that they can only close your sale when someone else in their company tells them to.

Bill
That is very likely what goes on. I guess if I look at it like a car then it makes more sense. I know a car salesman, and the dealership, makes more money on a new car sale over a used car sale.

Two years ago we almost bought in direct at VWL, and they had the points right then and there. I should have bought then, but it just wasn't the right time as my daughter was getting married. The points were at $100 per point too .

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING

Last edited by racefanof88; 07-24-2013 at 04:28 PM.
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #30
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

I have never once heard from our guide. I chalk it up to the fact that I live in Canada.
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani),WDW-12: Nov 2014 (SSR),WDW-13: Mar 2015 (SSR),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: