DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer
 
Cruiselady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 104

Waiting for Boardwalk points

I am trying to buy boardwalk for my first DVC contract. I am on the wait list. I am number 12-15. Does anyone know how the wait list works?

Thanks
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiselady View Post
I am trying to buy boardwalk for my first DVC contract. I am on the wait list. I am number 12-15. Does anyone know how the wait list works?

Thanks
I'm not sure how you can be a range on the wait list unless you are trying to purchase multiple contracts. This question might be better on the "Purchasing DVC" board.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,886

Have you checked out resales at all?
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer
 
Cruiselady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 104

Okay thanks. I am only buying one contract and that is what the guide told me when I asked what number I was on the wait list.
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer
 
Cruiselady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 104

Yes, I have checked out resale. I decided to buy direct since it is a small contract.

Thanks
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer
 
Cruiselady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
I'm not sure how you can be a range on the wait list unless you are trying to purchase multiple contracts. This question might be better on the "Purchasing DVC" board.
Thanks I did not know where to post this question. I will move to the Purchasing DVC.

Thanks
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiselady View Post
Yes, I have checked out resale. I decided to buy direct since it is a small contract.

Thanks
If you don't already own DVC, you won't be able to purchase a really small contract, like less than 100 points. But with resale, you might be able to find a 25, 50, 75 point contract. Just contact one of the resale companies and tell them you are interested in a smaller contract.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
bnlbebes
Mouseketeachers
 
bnlbebes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: NJ - 1/2way between Philly and AC
Posts: 717

Buy Resale

Here's another vote for buying resale!

Unless you have an urgent need to buy at BWV, rent in the meantime and contact reputable timeshare agents who will get in touch with you when they have a listing available that meets your needs.

How much is BWV anyway from DVC direct now?
__________________
bnlbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,541

I know no one has answered the OP's question. So I would say, first,I would call my guide and ask how I could be numbers 12-15.

As for how it works, I assume like any waitlist, if you are #12, you will be contacted after the 11 people in front of you (and looking for the same resort and same use year) get their contracts. Not sure about number of points since I know that Disney has the ability to repackage contracts, but that might factor into it as well.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran
 
Disneybuckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,050

I agree that there is no way to really know. Disney has been pretty aggressive with ROFR lately, but the resales listings have also been really down and lots of stripped contracts which Disney does not seem too interested in.

Good luck with your purchase.
__________________


Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #11
Sandisw
Moderator
 
Sandisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,687
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

If you don't already own DVC, you won't be able to purchase a really small contract, like less than 100 points. But with resale, you might be able to find a 25, 50, 75 point contract. Just contact one of the resale companies and tell them you are interested in a smaller contract.
Disney has allowed new buyers in with less than 100--I know someone who got 60...they don't advertise it, but when asked, its been "approved". Back in 2009 when I bought, they let me get only 115 in a different UY when they originally said I had to get 160... When I said I was out, my guide made if happen.

To OP, its really going to depend on when the points come in and the UY you are waiting for...if you were flexible with that, it could happen faster. I wonder if the info stating you are 12 - 15 is their estimate since sometimes they offer to groups of people and figure you got about 11 to 14 requests ahead if you, depending on how they end up being able to fill your request.
__________________
Sandi



Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #12
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer
 
Cruiselady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
Disney has allowed new buyers in with less than 100--I know someone who got 60...they don't advertise it, but when asked, its been "approved". Back in 2009 when I bought, they let me get only 115 in a different UY when they originally said I had to get 160... When I said I was out, my guide made if happen.

To OP, its really going to depend on when the points come in and the UY you are waiting for...if you were flexible with that, it could happen faster. I wonder if the info stating you are 12 - 15 is their estimate since sometimes they offer to groups of people and figure you got about 11 to 14 requests ahead if you, depending on how they end up being able to fill your request.
I did not give any UY. I will just call my guide again and have him explain it. Email is not working. I expect to wait 4 to 6 months.
Thanks for all the info.
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer
 
Cruiselady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
I know no one has answered the OP's question. So I would say, first,I would call my guide and ask how I could be numbers 12-15.

As for how it works, I assume like any waitlist, if you are #12, you will be contacted after the 11 people in front of you (and looking for the same resort and same use year) get their contracts. Not sure about number of points since I know that Disney has the ability to repackage contracts, but that might factor into it as well.
Thank you for the answers. It did not seem to be that easy. He said each month I would be back to "square one" . I do not know what that means. Maybe DVC owners on the waitlists with certain months and UY request come be for new purchase? I am going to call my guide.
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #14
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)
 
twinsouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,092

You can definitely buy direct under 100 pts even for your first contract. I am not going to put anymore than that out on the msg board but we were told we could do significantly less.
__________________
twinsouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #15
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsouvenirs View Post
You can definitely buy direct under 100 pts even for your first contract. I am not going to put anymore than that out on the msg board but we were told we could do significantly less.

Generally the we have 'special' data type of statement is not really reliable
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.