Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,872

December 13, 2013 Sailing the Magnificant Magic out of Miami

Hey, is anyone out there sailing the December 13, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami??? We are excited to be on this sailing. We originally were on the Fantasy but that didn't work out. We are excited to be onboard to experience the re-imagined Magic. We are a group of 9. Me, DH, DD(9), DD(13), Sister in law, DN(8), DN(5), my parents. Anyone interested in the FE???? I hope so!!! Can't wait to chat. I will keep track of anyone who joins the FE. Hope to chat soon!!!

FILL OUT THIS FORM IF YOU ARE ON THIS SAILING , PLEASE~~>https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1A8G...ftVbY/viewform
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 06-11-2013 at 08:36 AM.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,872

Am I sailing on this cruise by myself??? As fun as it sounds to have dcl all to myself.....I would really like to have a Dis group to enjoy it with!!!!
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 06-07-2013 at 02:27 PM.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,872

I hope I am not alone.. ......
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 06-08-2013 at 08:18 AM.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,872

Bump!!!
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,367

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
__________________
Disney Magic 1-20-2014
Disney Fantasy 11-22-2013
Disney Fantasy 10-12-2012
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy
I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Thanks so much for adding. Just hope someone joins!!
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,873

We are tentatively looking at this after our original plans for our fall/ winter holiday went belly up.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47
We are tentatively looking at this after our original plans for our fall/ winter holiday went belly up.

Corinna
Yeah!!!!!!! Here is to hopeing!!!!
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,873

I will check tomorrow if I can get the leave and then I have to hope and pray for an interline rate.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47
I will check tomorrow if I can get the leave and then I have to hope and pray for an interline rate.

Corinna
So if you can get the leave, are you only going if you get interline rate ?? We got a decent deal. 2700 for all four of us. I would like cheaper but I believe they offer the guaranteed rates after pay off
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,873

Well, the leave is taken care of. I managed to have the leave booked and confirmed from December 3rd to 22nd by 9:00 AM this morning. I was surprised that I managed to get the leave so easily that close to Christmas. I had a look at flights yesterday and managed to find some from Manchester to Orlando for £425 each, which is a great price and they are reckoning that the price will come down further.

At the moment, I am definitely hoping for an interline rate, but if this does not materialize, we may jump on this anyway. If I were to book this today, it would cost us $1,545.40. This is a little more than I can justify at the moment. However, I still have a couple of months to make that decision. I have to say I am curious to see just what they are doing to this poor ship and I also really want to see one of the ships all decked out in its Christmas finery.

We may decide to chance flying standby as we have some buffer before the cruise and also a little at the back end. This would save a lot of money on flights, which then means we can pay a little more for the cruise.

I am really hoping that I can join you and at the moment it is about 70/30 that we will.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Well, the leave is taken care of. I managed to have the leave booked and confirmed from December 3rd to 22nd by 9:00 AM this morning. I was surprised that I managed to get the leave so easily that close to Christmas. I had a look at flights yesterday and managed to find some from Manchester to Orlando for £425 each, which is a great price and they are reckoning that the price will come down further.

At the moment, I am definitely hoping for an interline rate, but if this does not materialize, we may jump on this anyway. If I were to book this today, it would cost us $1,545.40. This is a little more than I can justify at the moment. However, I still have a couple of months to make that decision. I have to say I am curious to see just what they are doing to this poor ship and I also really want to see one of the ships all decked out in its Christmas finery.

We may decide to chance flying standby as we have some buffer before the cruise and also a little at the back end. This would save a lot of money on flights, which then means we can pay a little more for the cruise.

I am really hoping that I can join you and at the moment it is about 70/30 that we will.

Corinna
So if you fly into Orlando on the 3rd are you hanging at Disney? Then how are u getting to Miami? I had the flight on the way down booked already as I was going on the Fantasy... then Del's overtime has been basically lost due to the USPS hiring a bunch of new people paying them less of course. So we left the Fantasy and Lori(my SIL-sailed the Dreamers cruise) and my parents and we moved to this cruise. It's a lot cheaper. I am sad to leave the Fantasy as Robin is on that cruise but I won't be in debt over a vacation. So we moved to this one, still over the vacation time Del has and get to see the ship reimagined and at Xmas time. So we fly in Dec 12th and then are set to drive down to Miami in a rental car. If Spirit comes up with some cheap flights we will snag a flight down to Miami as much easier on us adults and 4 girls. My nieces have no idea they are going!!! Then after cruise we are staying in Tampa area and visiting my Aunt and Uncle. Gonna hit Clearwater too cause the girls wanna visit Winter from "Dolphin Tail" movie.

I hope u can join, would be lovely to sail together again. I think we are doing dolphins in Cozumel again...we sooo loved it!
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
So if you fly into Orlando on the 3rd are you hanging at Disney? Then how are u getting to Miami? I had the flight on the way down booked already as I was going on the Fantasy... then Del's overtime has been basically lost due to the USPS hiring a bunch of new people paying them less of course. So we left the Fantasy and Lori(my SIL-sailed the Dreamers cruise) and my parents and we moved to this cruise. It's a lot cheaper. I am sad to leave the Fantasy as Robin is on that cruise but I won't be in debt over a vacation. So we moved to this one, still over the vacation time Del has and get to see the ship reimagined and at Xmas time. So we fly in Dec 12th and then are set to drive down to Miami in a rental car. If Spirit comes up with some cheap flights we will snag a flight down to Miami as much easier on us adults and 4 girls. My nieces have no idea they are going!!! Then after cruise we are staying in Tampa area and visiting my Aunt and Uncle. Gonna hit Clearwater too cause the girls wanna visit Winter from "Dolphin Tail" movie.

I hope u can join, would be lovely to sail together again. I think we are doing dolphins in Cozumel again...we sooo loved it!
The idea is to fly in on December 5th and probably stay on International Drive as I want to save my DVC points for next year for the big 4-0. The reason I ended up with leave from the 3rd is that this is my rostered day off and I can't be bothered to go back to work for one day. On the 12th we then would take the train down to Miami and stay the night somewhere near the port. We would take the train back up the day we arrive back in Miami and spend one night near the airport in Orlando before flying back home. I just realised that the great price on the flights is for non-stop flights from Manchester to Orlando making this deal even sweeter. I have also just found out that DISApalooza 2013 will take place the weekend we would be in Orlando and it looks like there would be an after hours party at Toy Story Mania. This whole thing is getting more attractive by the minute.

We have been discussing heading to Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman and of course we would head to Chankanaab in Cozumel also I have to say I am intrigued my the Amazing Cozumel Race, but I don't think Graham would be up for this. So Chankanaab it probably would be, with a distinct possibility of a dolphin swim for me.

That really stinks about the overtime. I am set to lose a lot of shift pay, but it is for something great. I get the chance to work on a fascinating project for a month with one of my favourite co-workers, but this will most likely mean working 10 to 6 Monday through Friday for the duration of the project. I should find out the details tomorrow.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #14
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47

The idea is to fly in on December 5th and probably stay on International Drive as I want to save my DVC points for next year for the big 4-0. The reason I ended up with leave from the 3rd is that this is my rostered day off and I can't be bothered to go back to work for one day. On the 12th we then would take the train down to Miami and stay the night somewhere near the port. We would take the train back up the day we arrive back in Miami and spend one night near the airport in Orlando before flying back home. I just realised that the great price on the flights is for non-stop flights from Manchester to Orlando making this deal even sweeter. I have also just found out that DISApalooza 2013 will take place the weekend we would be in Orlando and it looks like there would be an after hours party at Toy Story Mania. This whole thing is getting more attractive by the minute.

Corinna
We are staying at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center
1311 NW 10th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33136
USA
Phone: 1-305-575-5300
Fax: 1-305-575-5301 ... never priced the train out. We can rent a van for the 4 hour drive for all 7 of us(parents are driving from my aunts) for $135 or fly spirit air for $30 each plus $20 a bag. Cheaper to drive!!
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 07-04-2013 at 10:12 AM.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #15
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
We have been discussing heading to Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman and of course we would head to Chankanaab in Cozumel also I have to say I am intrigued my the Amazing Cozumel Race, but I don't think Graham would be up for this. So Chankanaab it probably would be, with a distinct possibility of a dolphin swim for me.

That really stinks about the overtime. I am set to lose a lot of shift pay, but it is for something great. I get the chance to work on a fascinating project for a month with one of my favourite co-workers, but this will most likely mean working 10 to 6 Monday through Friday for the duration of the project. I should find out the details tomorrow.

Corinna
I think in Grand Cayman we are going to hit the Turtle farm. Syd and Nelia want to hold a turtle so I suppose that has to be done. Del wants Hell but I have heard its not that exciting. Gonna check into Disney price, Turtle farm + taxi price and see what is the best deal. Cozumel-- definitely Chankanaab Park again for us. We loved the Royal Dolphin Swim. Nelia though would like the Sea Lion encounter. So we will have to figure out who will stay with her and Kaydence(5 yr old niece) while we swim. Maybe mom or dad, who knows.
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 07-04-2013 at 10:09 AM.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
december 13 2013, disney magic, disney magic in miami



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.