Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #2611
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Except, of course, when we were there - December 2010. Average I think was 35. I wore my ski jacket & gloves all day in the parks! For Fantasmic, it was 20 degrees! (We didn't go, but I bet there was no line!)
I was at WDW then too! I was just thankful I had my winter coat with me--I was going to leave it in our car at the airport, and forgot to take it off.

I hope to never experience that cold of weather at WDW again!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #2612
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

On our November, 2010, trip we couldn't use the pool as it was so cool out plus since the parks weren't open as late we used our daylight hours in the parks. Just got back from our first trip to WDW in the summer...hot, crowded but we loved every minute of it as you can use the pool so much!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #2613
Mouseketeer

POFQ pool

Can anyone tell me a bit about the slide at the FQ pool? I have two kids, one a good swimmer, the other still needing flotation device help. Is the slide more for very young kids? Mine are 8 and 5. Just curious is it wil be a little too tame. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #2614
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120304 View Post
Can anyone tell me a bit about the slide at the FQ pool? I have two kids, one a good swimmer, the other still needing flotation device help. Is the slide more for very young kids? Mine are 8 and 5. Just curious is it wil be a little too tame. Thank you!
It's OK to wear floatation devices on the slides.

If they find it a little tame (the POFQ slide is only about 50' long) you might want to try the one over at Riverside, which is twice as long and has a little extra dip in the middle which makes it a btt faster. Fun to try both anyway.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #2615
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

We have been to Disney during the first week of December for the past two years and one night we wore long sleeves and actually sweated that evening. It was quite warm during the day and chilly at night. I don't think we ever swam in the pools though.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #2616
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were just there with two families that had girls 4 1/2, 7 1/2 and almost 9. They all enjoyed it, especially the younger one. Although the slide is short, they can build up some speed going down it, which they loved!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

Old 07-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #2617
lisam427
DIS Veteran

we just switched our reservation from caribbean beach to french quarter. this is the only moderate that i have never stayed at. can someone tell me if they have an area to do laundry. also when going to downtown disney on the boat is it difficult to get a seat due to it being crowded? tia lisa

Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #2618
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisam427 View Post
can someone tell me if they have an area to do laundry.
Yup. Right by the pool bar.

Quote:
also when going to downtown disney on the boat is it difficult to get a seat due to it being crowded? tia lisa
In 2 stays here, never had trouble getting a seat on the first boat that arrived.

Since this is your first stay, I would suggest checking out Andre's awesome site.

http://portorleans.org
Old 07-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #2619
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
For the one needing a flotation device, if you don't bring your own, there are child life vests available free for your stay.

Quote:
when going to downtown disney on the boat is it difficult to get a seat due to it being crowded? tia lisa
We only had trouble one very busy night (peak dinner time on very busy disney weekend), but the next boat arrived quickly to get the rest of us.

Last edited by kddisney502; 07-02-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #2620
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Our group did laundry and took the boat back and forth to DTD and had no problems.

The first boat stop is PO Riverside (but coming back drops off first at POFQ!) and we did see one occasion (we took it back from Riverside as my feet had a blister!) where there was not enough room to accommodate those in line at POFQ. The last party in line that could not be accommodated (they do not allow standing room...all must sit and they count the number of people) included someone in an ECV, and it appeared that this group were complaining to the boat captain about having to wait for the next boat. I think there are only a couple of areas in the boat that they can secure the ECV to.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #2621
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
We arrive in 31 days. Do you think the lobby well be done by then?
You know, I think you'll probably just be OK...

The official POFQ Lobby re-opening is currently scheduled for Monday 15th July, with services starting to transition back over from Friday 12th July onward.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #2622
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
You know, I think you'll probably just be OK...

The official POFQ Lobby re-opening is currently scheduled for Monday 15th July, with services starting to transition back over from Friday 12th July onward.

Andre
Could you try to post some photos of the lobby upon it's completion? Since we were there in June, it was under renovations...guess we will have to go back sometime again to see it in person!!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #2623
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal View Post
Could you try to post some photos of the lobby upon it's completion? Since we were there in June, it was under renovations...guess we will have to go back sometime again to see it in person!!
If no one has posted any in the meantime (which is highly unlikely!) I'll post some when I'm there are the start of August. I'll also shoot a new panorama so we've got before & after versions.

Andre

Old 07-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #2624
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132

we ended up gettin the fd then and this coming nov. but we live to walk to riverside a few hundred times lol. Better gift shop
How did you get FD for Nov? We love going in Nov, and this is the first year we are actually hoping not to get FD. We live POFQ and are hopeful the gap in time that we are going that doesn't have FD will result in much lower crowd levels!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

Old 07-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #2625
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we just switched our reservation from caribbean beach to french quarter. this is the only moderate that i have never stayed at. can someone tell me if they have an area to do laundry. also when going to downtown disney on the boat is it difficult to get a seat due to it being crowded? tia lisa
Just want to remind you that the laundry area is updated and you must use a credit card / debit card / Visa gift card, etc. now (no coins or cash) to pay for your laundry. Your KTTW will not work either.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: