DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #31
dcfromva

Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunprincess View Post
So would it not make sense for me to do a split contract (aside from maybe a better price) if I want to stay at BLT? And if/when our needs change, then buy an add-on at a different resort or even sale that contract and get a new one for the resort we prefer later? I am wanting BLT right now since we have little ones and will be spending more time at MK and needing to take naps. However, once they are older we may like being closer to EPCOT.

If the 11 month booking advantage is as important as I read, then would that be the best bet for our family (as it stands right now).
I think you are asking some good questions. Maybe you might want to rent points in order to get a better idea as to what will work best for your family before you commit to a purchase?

One thing about buying/selling contracts is that you (usually) have to pay closing costs on contracts you purchase and a 10% brokers commission on contracts you sell, so it makes it pretty expensive to change home resorts later on. The 11 month booking advantage could be important depending on the time of year and booking category you are planning to use. Or, it could turn out not to be as big of a deal as you may have thought....
dcfromva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #32
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfromva View Post

I think you are asking some good questions. Maybe you might want to rent points in order to get a better idea as to what will work best for your family before you commit to a purchase?

One thing about buying/selling contracts is that you (usually) have to pay closing costs on contracts you purchase and a 10% brokers commission on contracts you sell, so it makes it pretty expensive to change home resorts later on. The 11 month booking advantage could be important depending on the time of year and booking category you are planning to use. Or, it could turn out not to be as big of a deal as you may have thought....
Thanks. We are planning to rent when we go in 2015 at BLT. I'm just starting to gather info and since I'm a planner, I'm gathering info now so hopefully we make the best decision for our family.
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
cajunprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: