Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Come to the Dark Side...4 Weekends of Fun with the Force(Updated 11/12)

Fun with the Force!

We are huge Star Wars fans. But the biggest fan of us all is our 9 year old son. He eat, sleeps, and breaths Star Wars! His enthusiasm and excitement is contagious. He lives for his favorite season of the year, "Star Wars Season" aka Star Wars Weekends.

If you are a Star Wars fan, you’ll fit right in. If not, no worries, you’re on the DISboards so you’re probably a Disney fan. We are too! There will be some theater and dining thrown in the report too.

We are a family of four, but our oldest chose to work instead of joining us for the fun. He lived vicariously through our nightly reports and souvenirs.

I’ll start with the biggest fan. His favorite Star Wars saga character is Yoda. His favorite Clone Wars character is Ahsoka. He loves dressing in costume and cosplay. He has spent countless hours working on as many DK Ultimate Star Wars Sticker books as he can get his hands on. He also loves putting together Star Wars Lego sets . His favorite movie of the saga is Epsode 2. He is a member of the Galactic Academy and is so excited that some of his patches arrived a couple weeks ago. Since I’ve called him both Anakin or JJ in the other TR’s/PTR’s I will continue as before.

DH is quickly becoming a huge fan of the expanded universe. He loves reading Star Wars books any chance he gets. He is working on a costume to hopefully be a member of the 501st by next year’s SWW. He is creative and artistic. He and JJ designed a couple of the shirts they wore for SWW. He enjoyed preparing for SWW by getting his costumes in order, purchasing pictures for autographs, finding fun Star Wars shirts to wear. Continuing as the other TR’s, I’ll call him Goofy.

I’m the last member of our SWW trio. My favorite movie of the saga is Episode 4. The original Star Wars movie. I remember sitting in the movie theater totally in awe of the special effects the first time I saw it as a child. I’ve seen all the movies countless times as my kids have watched them. However, I am a fairly new Star Wars fan. Last year we went to our first Star Wars Celebration and I got the bug. I admit it, I'm a geek. I got my first Star Wars t-shirt last year at SWW. But now I have more Star Wars shirts than regular shirts thanks to some great styles from Her Universe. R2-D2 is my favorite character. My role for SWW was that of practicality. Making sure we had ample measures in place to keep Anakin cool, resort reservations, ADRs, packing the suitcases, etc. Most of my DIS friends call me Tink.

Index

Last edited by lovethattink; 11-13-2013 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Update title
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Following along !! Hopefully I can keep up with this one !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Sounds fun! We've been twice during SWW, but have avoided them. We have Star Wars fans in the family, though none are truly die hard. Eventually, once we've seen enough of the "regular" park stuff, we may brave a SWW, since we plan to continue going the same time of year. Looking forward to hearing about it!
ChristineOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Index

Day 1: Part 1: Dreams Come True

Day 1: Part 2: Queen Amidala and Dee Bradley Baker M&G

Day 1: Part 3: Posts 34 to 37: Legends of the Force Motorcade and Celebrity Welcome

Day 1: Part 4: Special bond of friendship and Stars of the Saga

July 6th at the MK (Lunch at the Plaza, Pirate's Adventure, Tink M&G

Limited Time Magic Patriotic Pre-Parade

Day 2: Everyone Has a Date

Day 3: Jedi or Bantha?

Day 3: Part 2: JTA

Day 3: Part 3: JAT M&G, 50's PTC, Character M&G

Breakfast at 1900PF & Limited Time Magic Long Lost Friends

Day 3: Part 4: Jawa Fun & Leia M&G & Rancor

Sea World DIS M&G

Day 4: A Celebrity M&G, A DIS Meet, A Blast to the Past, and a Short Story

Day 5: Part 1: Warwick Davis M&G and more pixie dust

Day 5: Part 2: Pixie Dust: Legends of the Force Motorcade

I Believe it Happened for a Reason and Why are so Many Children Crying? We're at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Day 5: Part 3: Aren't you a Little Small for a Stormtrooper?

Day 6: Part 1: Keeping an Eye on the World

Day 6: Part 2: Aren't you a Little Small for a Stormtrooper, Take 2

Day 7: Part 1: 501st and Rebel Legion

Day 7: Part 2: Rebel Legion, Lunch, Droids, and Pixie Dust

Day 8: It's a Trap

Day 9: Ups and Downs, Animation, Characters, and 50's PTC

Day 10: GKTW, Trev's MAW, SWW Parade and Celebrity Welcome

Surprised by Chewbacca! Day 10: Part 2

Day 10: Part 3: Trev's MAW JTA and Modal Nodes

Day 11: The Best Day Ever

Last edited by lovethattink; 11-13-2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Updating index
Old 06-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

I'll be following along.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Following along !! Hopefully I can keep up with this one !
No worries, I usually go pretty fast once I get started. Just pick up wherever you can. Did you and the boys get over to SWW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineOH View Post
Sounds fun! We've been twice during SWW, but have avoided them. We have Star Wars fans in the family, though none are truly die hard. Eventually, once we've seen enough of the "regular" park stuff, we may brave a SWW, since we plan to continue going the same time of year. Looking forward to hearing about it!
You've been able to avoid it with fans in the family? Just kidding. Back in 2004 we stumbled upon SWW not realizing it was going on. We've been going every year since!

There's plenty to do during SWW. If you want to get your feet wet without all the crowds. Just encountering the characters that roam is a pretty fun experience. They stay in character so beware if you go on the dark side! (That's between TSM and Streets of America.)
Old 06-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Day 1: Part 1: Dreams Come True

Dreams come true. Dreams come true. Oh wait. We aren’t at the Magic Kingdom, we’re at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. But I’m getting ahead of myself. Before a dream came true, 6 AM to be precise, the alarm went off. Goofy, who is NOT a morning person, stumbled to get ready and headed off to DHS without us. His goal was to get a FP for either Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) or Dee Bradley Baker (voice actor of all the clones among many, many other cartoon characters). He went with the shortest line and that was Dee Bradley Baker’s. He returned back to the resort with his FP and wristband.

We were excited about the FP. At Star Wars Celebration VI, Dee Bradley Baker stopped to talk to JJ in the hallway. He asked JJ if he was going to the Red Carpet Event for Clone Wars Series 5. We weren’t sure if we’d get out of Warwick Davis’ panel in time or not, but we wanted to be there. Dee got down on his knees and asked if he could tell JJ a secret. We gave permission. I asked if it was ok to take a picture of the two of them in conference. It was and he told JJ the secret. From that day in August until previews appeared on TV for the 100th episode, JJ kept that secret. As soon as he saw the previews he knew that was the episode about the secret. He figured then it was ok to share.

Goofy explained to JJ that we’d take the picture to SWW, but probably Daddy would be the one getting the autograph since he had the wristband on. Goofy changed clothing into his Obi-Wan costume and JJ wore his Luke costume top, but “just shorts”, as he put it, for the bottoms. He wanted to go in full costume, but we knew there was no way he could handle the heat dressed like that.

We arrived at DHS around 9am. We were shocked not to see Stormtroopers on the roof. Every year we’ve been greeted by them. We figured we must have arrived too late to see them. This is what we expected to see…

We entered the park. We found the Stormtroopers! They were perched on these large platforms.

Once we got passed them, somebody stopped dh and asked him about his costume. While he was talking to them, JJ was busy asking me if I took a picture of this or that. His enthusiasm couldn’t be missed as he was bouncing with excitement.

Have you ever gone on a Disney cruise? You know how they tell you during the excursion meeting to be leery of talking trees. You know the ones, that tell say pssst, over here. Well, what happened next reminding me of those talking trees. A cm, came up to JJ and I. Started talking and asked us if we could move over this way to talk in private. I thought of two things, those talking trees and during one of Disney’s celebrations my mom, JJ and I were invited to a private M&G with Mickey Mouse in a secret room at Guest Services. This time we were given a slip of paper and two wristbands. JJ was being invited to be in the motorcade!!

This was amazing!! We didn’t think we’d get to see the full parade this year. Yulillin3 had told us about being able to find a spot in the shade to see the 501st part of the parade after they pass by the hat. But we never in a million years thought JJ would be in the parade!
Old 06-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Oh how fun!! I am in!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #11
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Great start! I'm not a SW fan (don't even know who most of the characters you mention are) but I'm a JJ fan and love reading about the things that make him happy.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #12
PlutoJenn
Earning My Ears

How unbelievably awesome!! We had Disney bus service problems on our SWW day and got there late to see them on the roof.
PlutoJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #13
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

I'm here! Now off to read since Jeremy is up from his nap!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #14
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

What a fun start!! The magic is already starting with an invite to be in the parade!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #15
sl_underwood
DIS Veteran

I'm here.
sl_underwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jta, sww

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: