Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #151
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

lol Thanks Minnie! I've actually had popcorn recently too and still drink diet coke. Probably too much.

I honestly think I'm not doing 'enough' mainly because I don't feel like i'm depriving myself. I guess that's a good thing.

Here's hoping this is a long term lifestyle change!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #152
MonsterWDWmom
Mouseketeer

I love this, I went back and read all the older threads and what you are/have done is awesome! It can be so hard to lose weight but having a goal like Disney sure can help make it easier. :

Right now I want to be down 12 lbs before Dec, this may not seem like a lot but my body does not like losing weight!

You and your husband are so motivating for me. I hope you are able to start to plan your Dec trip soon. (And by the looks of it you will be able to!)

A December 2013 Trip report "I'd rather be sick at Disney than at home! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post51587193

MonsterWDWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #153
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterWDWmom View Post
I love this, I went back and read all the older threads and what you are/have done is awesome! It can be so hard to lose weight but having a goal like Disney sure can help make it easier. :

Right now I want to be down 12 lbs before Dec, this may not seem like a lot but my body does not like losing weight!

You and your husband are so motivating for me. I hope you are able to start to plan your Dec trip soon. (And by the looks of it you will be able to!)
Thanks!! I am already planning...lol I just wont let myself make a reservation yet (though I might when specials come out and promise myself that i will cancel if i dont make my goal). I know something like Disney is a good tangible motivator but I know long term I have to keep up with everything. So far it is really helping though. "do i want a second helping of x or do I want to go to Disney???' Good luck with your 12 lbs by December! You can do it! That is a totally doable goal. I gave myself a YEAR to lose 50 lbs. That's much better than saying you want to lose 12 lbs in a month and then failing and getting mad at yourself and giving up. So good job picking an attainable goal. You can do it!!!

Meanwhile...I have NEWS!!!!! DH weighed in on MONDAY and he is down to 299!!!!!!!!!!!! So he made goal!! :cool1:

Go hubby! So now I just have my last 14 to go!!!

Old 06-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #155
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

I'm finding this very inspirational! . I'm looking for some inspiration!!! Keep up the great job !
Old 06-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #156
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

No weight loss this week but I am currently wearing size 12 jean shorts! I thought I'd try them on to 'see how I was doing' and surprisingly they fit. Not only do they fit but they aren't tight at all and are comfy. I am hanging on the couch with them on now.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #157
MonsterWDWmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
No weight loss this week but I am currently wearing size 12 jean shorts! I thought I'd try them on to 'see how I was doing' and surprisingly they fit. Not only do they fit but they aren't tight at all and are comfy. I am hanging on the couch with them on now.
That is awesome!! You go girl The thing about weight loss it is harder for us girls to lose weight compared to our husbands, so far my hubby has lost about 7 lbs and I have stayed at my current weight. But size 12!! Thats smaller than the average american women (which is a 14). Congrats

A December 2013 Trip report "I'd rather be sick at Disney than at home! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post51587193

Old 07-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #158
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
That is awesome!! You go girl The thing about weight loss it is harder for us girls to lose weight compared to our husbands, so far my hubby has lost about 7 lbs and I have stayed at my current weight. But size 12!! Thats smaller than the average american women (which is a 14). Congrats
Thanks!!! I was thinking average woman was a size 12 bc I was thinking 'Yay! I am average! 5'4" and a size 12" Being below average is even better!

Meanwhile I only have one other pair of 12s. They are a pair of what looks like brand new Levis. I honestly dont think I ever wore them bc they were too small. I have a bunch of 10s and a bunch of 14s and 16s in my closet. So I think I skipped size 12 on the way up. lol I wore my levis the other day to the grocery store. They fit fine but when I sat they felt a little snug in the waist. So I think they were a bit too snug to be wearing. But I remember my 16s feeling like that not too long ago.

I feel like I should put up some progress pictures but since I have no befores really I don't know. My original idea was that WHEN we go to Disney we will get all the same photos and then compare them side by side.

Anyway on to good news! I am down to 185.2!!! Woohoo! I am down a pound. Still have a ways to go but I am happy to see it going in the right direction. Not sure what DH is at, he weighs in whenever he feels like it anymore but since he's below his goal at 299 it doesn't really matter. I was kind of worried because we had brats and cookies for the 4th (not just that but those were the worst items). I feared I would be up or at least the same, but to my surprise I am down.

I have some other things I wanted to prattle on about but I am beta testing the game Final Fantasy 14 A realm reborn and it ends tonight so i want to go play! lol So more later...I hope!

Old 07-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #159
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

I'm still alive! I'm still on plan (sorta). I've just been busy. AF was visiting last weekend so no weigh in. I think I will weigh in this weekend and do measurements. It's been about a month since my last ones.

Meanwhile DH has given me a kick in the rear that I think I needed. I've been talking about Dairy Queen and ice cream way too much (and we even had some last weekend). It's just so hot and I love ice cream. So today...after I mention DQ again, DH asks how much more I have to lose before we go to Disney. He tries to be nice and is like 'what is it? 5 lbs?' I said more like 15...well actually 13 or 12..might be less I haven't weighed in recently. He says since HE already hit his goal and I haven't, IF I don't meet goal that he should just get half the money we would have spent on our trip and buy whatever he wants! I said 'what about all the disney gift cards we have' He said I could keep them as a consolation prize. :P I was driving at the time and DH claims my driving became erratic when he was talking about it. I know he's just trying to motivate me but it made me mad.

Sooo I guess I better get my butt in gear to lose these last 13 pounds. I hope tomorrow brings a good result. I think it will. I weigh myself sporadically and I've seen 183 some mornings but then others I still see 185. So who knows what it will say tomorrow.

Oh yeah! Almost forgot to mention. We are more than likely moving our trip to the THIRD weekend in December. The only reason we didn't go for that weekend before is because that is the week it starts to get expensive, but turns out that is rumored to be a free dining week and while I know logically it would probably cheaper to NOT be on the dining plan and that its too much food, basically it would cost the same to go the first week of the month at full price as going the third week of the month with free dining. That said going the 3rd week of the month would allow us more time to get home and decompress before I have to go back to work. If we go from December 15-21st drive home 21st and 22nd. 23rd is my Birthday so I always take that day off work, then we have christmas eve and christmas day off at work, so I would return to work on the 26th, refreshed after a long break. Granted if we went the FIRST week of the month we could take our time getting there due to Thanksgiving weekend BUT we would also be contending with Thanksgiving travelers. While our drive back might have some christmas drivers it should be considerably less than thanksgiving weekend (we hope). We also plan to drive around the mountains to avoid bad driving conditions there. I almost had DH talked into flying when they had that crash in California. No flying for me! Regardless I haven't found any great airfare deals anyway. The cheapest I've found is 300-400 each round trip. That makes driving cheaper even though it does take a lot more time. I am still waiting for official release information on the fall specials. If they offer a room discount the first week of the month I may go back to those dates but more than likely we will do free dining the third week or the room discount 3rd week if its really good. We want to do a few 2 credit meals so i'm not sure how i feel about it being 'worth it' or not to use the meal plan but we'll do whatever makes the most sense financially to me....using Disney math Because logical regular math would probably tell me to stay home.

Okay bedtime!!

Old 07-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #160
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Weighed in today at 184!!!!!

Okay its not as low as i'd like but its down!

So I officially have 12 pounds to go (or 11.1 because lets face it I'm calling 172.9 meeting my goal)! So 12 lbs in 5 months seems reasonable but since you have to have things paid off 45 days in advance that really only gives me until November 1st (assuming we change our dates to Dec 15 check in). So that gives me 14 weeks. I must continue to lose at least a pound a week with only a 2 week buffer to lose less than that. Seems doable but I haven't been losing at that rate recently. I am only down 2.6 lbs from June 16 (last measurement date) which is 5 weeks ago so that's only a half pound a week.
I know I can be doing more but I've been enjoying the fact that this doesn't feel like a 'diet'.

After I reach my non-obese goal of 172 (actually at 174.9 I will fall out of the obese category but I wanted an even goal), my goal is to maintain it for a year. If I happen to lose more thats great but it won't be my goal. Then if I can maintain it for a year I will think about going for a 'healthy' weight. I know I should probably aim at the healthy weight regardless but since I've only been that for such a short period of time in my life and how hard it was to do as well as my history of yo-yo-ing I think maintaining a weight will be just as hard if not harder than losing it. So if I can maintain this lower weight for a year then that gives me the confidence if I go lower i will be able to maintain that as well. Or I might just have so much confidence at 172 I will decide to stay there. Doctors say people with stable weight is much healthier than yo-yo-ing.

Overall I am definitely feeling more confident and happy about my body. I am wearing the 12s I have with no issues and my 14s still fit but they are starting to look baggy. A regular large is definitely my size and I even have a medium or two that fit fine. This is quite the contrast from being 1x and 2x.

One thing I was not expecting is my arm flab. As you know I've been using hand weights each morning. My arms are definitely getting stronger. I'm still using 5# weights for most things but I've been doing bicep curls with 8# and with things i do where I am just holding weights. Overall my arms are getting definition, however, I have some loose skin and fat near the top. I have lost 3 inches on each upper arm from start so that is amazing. I just never really had the flappy arms before. My arms were/are big but they were solid so I didn't have that. Now I definitely do. I've been trying to keep them moisturized since I noticed in hopes that it will shrink back. I am also seeing the same sort of thing with my stomach. I am far from a 6 pack but I have a line down the middle to my belly button but below that my lil pooch is starting to look more like loose skin with some fat. So again, I'm trying to stay moisturized. I guess this is another reason to take a year break. Give my skin a chance to shrink down to size a bit.

So measurement result time!

Since 6/16/13 I have lost:
.75" from waist and bust
.5" from ribcage
.25" from hips and each thigh, calf and upper arm!

Neck is the only measurement that did not change, but overall its down 1.5" from start and for a neck. Besides how much smaller should a neck be? It's currently only 13".

Thanks for reading all of this if you did.

Have a magical weekend!!

Old 07-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #161
MonsterWDWmom
Mouseketeer

That is awesome. I know what you mean as when your weight gets lower it gets harder to lose it! For the amount of time you have I would say you can do it. Good Luck with this next week!!

Old 07-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #162
Smposchman
WDW Birthday! 40?? EEK!

Hi!

I'm Sheila and I never knew this section of the board was here! You are doing so well! So much of your first post really resonated with me. I gained so much weight when we went through our infertility struggles. 5 years, and 4 losses - including and ectopic. We finally had our daughter after our second round of IVF. (Thank God for our insurance!) Our daughter is 5 & 1/2 and now I am finally serious about losing this weight. have a great time in December - I know you will make it.

Pre-Trip Report (coming soon!) ................ 39 Before 40 Blog
Smposchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #163
disney212
DIS Veteran

I have been reading your journal and just wanted you to know that you are doing great and I look forward to your updates!
disney212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #164
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
That is awesome. I know what you mean as when your weight gets lower it gets harder to lose it! For the amount of time you have I would say you can do it. Good Luck with this next week!!
Thank you!!! Not sure I did that great this week. I guess we will see tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smposchman View Post
Hi!

I'm Sheila and I never knew this section of the board was here! You are doing so well! So much of your first post really resonated with me. I gained so much weight when we went through our infertility struggles. 5 years, and 4 losses - including and ectopic. We finally had our daughter after our second round of IVF. (Thank God for our insurance!) Our daughter is 5 & 1/2 and now I am finally serious about losing this weight. have a great time in December - I know you will make it.
Thank you for sharing! I am so sorry for your losses but so happy for your daughter. Good luck on starting your journey! I think taking small maintainable steps is better than a drastic lifestyle change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212 View Post
I have been reading your journal and just wanted you to know that you are doing great and I look forward to your updates!
Thank you!!! Happy to know I have followers and I'm not just talking to myself.

So my current 'update' will be all Disney so feel free to skip it if you don't want to read.

So the rumor is Free Dining and RO discounts come out next week for the dates of my 'reward' trip. I decided that once discounts came out I would book but just put the deposit down and not pay it off until I lost the weight.

That said I now need to decide 100% where I want to stay!!! I totally hate that I have to do the Disney Visa thing over the phone but I really dont want to wait until general public so I have the best chance of getting what I want.

So right now I'm trying to decide. We want to go the first week in December if there is a room only discount. Its been rumored no free dining that week but we didn't really want that anyway (however it would be the cheaper discount so we'd go for that). That said if there are NO discounts for the first week but they really do have free dining on the 3rd week, we will likely go with that because it would still save us money even though the price of the rooms go up.

The room only discounts are rumored to be awesome. Values up to 25%, mods up to 30% and deluxes up to 35%!!! With these rates my options just flew open. LOL DH immediately wants to stay deluxe when he hears this. I am very tempted to do so but I havent decided. Assuming best discount possible here are my 'top options' for room only discount for 6 nights:

Pop - $501 (standard room)

Conorodo - $985 (king room)

AKL - $1256 (standard view)

WL - $1511 for wooded view (standard is currently fully only $1274 if a standard opens up)

So the smart thing to do would to go to Pop. That's an amazing price. The indulgent thing to do would be to stay deluxe. I chose WL originally bc the price was so close to AKL but with standard not currently available online I don't want to get my hopes up for that. A wooded view isn't that much more but when you compare it to Pop it totally is. All of the other deluxes cost more. I even checked out the contemporary because if they actually had open rooms they wouldn't be much more.

DH thinks we should do Disney 'right' and to him 'right' = deluxe/expensive/no budget. He also has some delusion that we wont be going again for several years when I want to go again as soon as possible. But to him staying some place nice and going less often is better than staying somewhere cheaper and going more often. He also thinks we are doing Christmastime trip just once so we should make it 'special'.

I think I should stick with my initial choice of Coranodo Springs. It was a compromise before and I think it should be again. Its in the middle of the road pricewise and it looks like a nice resort. DH loves mexican food and i like it too (don't love it but its cool). We stayed at AKL last time and while we loved it, I would love to try some place new.

So in the end I don't know what to do. DH makes good points about Christmas and if we really arent going to go for awhile.... I kind of wish there was an opening at the contemporary in a standard room. Because if we're gonna go all out that is where i'd like to do it.

Well I had better go get some sleep.

Hopefully I will have good news to report Saturday or Sunday!

Old 07-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #165
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Scale is still at 184.0 :P I will weigh in tomorrow just to be sure.

Meanwhile talked DH out of deluxe last time we went we barely spent any time at the resort making the extra cost kind of worthless.

So now CSR or Pop...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: