DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #31
NoleFan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 690

With growing kids, your choices may change as they grow up. When our DS was younger (4 or under), we would only stay @ monorail resorts. Buses did not work for us. Folding the stroller, waiting, etc. Too much of a hassle. Now, that our DS 7 is older & a very good swimmer, we love the Epcot resorts. The water slides, atmosphere, and taking buses are not a big deal now. The community hall is also a big plus for us. Had we bought then, BLT would have been our only option for monorail resort- my husband likes CR & I don't love it. In the long term, it would not have been a fit for us. The resale market permits you to buy/sell as your wants/needs change. Nothing absolute. Just things to consider as the kids grow older.
__________________
DVC Member 2013
Boardwalk Villas
Beach Club Villas
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #32
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

One of the selling points of VGF for us was the fact that we will continue to go to Disney once our children are grown. We thought we'd really like the elegance of the Grand Floridian as child-free adults as much as we like the convenience of the monorail location. We would only have considered monorail resorts or resorts in the Epcot area anyway. I have stayed at WL, SSR, and Kidani and liked them all but only with a rental car. BCV, BWV, BLT, VGF would all be options for us but we liked VGF best.

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #33
DVC Mike


DVC Member @ BLT, VGC, VWL, BWV, BCV
 
DVC Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 550 miles from WDW
Posts: 4,319

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Here's the update...
I can finally say that I am a DVC member.
We bought an 160 point contract at VGF with an August Use Year (based on our trips this was the ideal UY for our family).
Congrats!

__________________
My Disney photos on Flickr

My DVC Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

DVC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #34
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
Congrats!

Thank you!

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #35
333disneymom
DIS Veteran
 
333disneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 688

Congrats! Sounds like a great match for your family!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
333disneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #36
DaveInCali
Calling Aulani, Saratoga Springs and The Villas at Grand Floridian Home!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasia79 View Post
Debate and Pro/Con list currently happening in house with these same topics! My wife and I love EPCOT and would want to go there a lot. However, with kids in the future, would it make more sense to stay closer to MK and jump on the monorail to EPCOT? If Poly came available, that would be our dream home resort.

Never stayed at DVC, but renting in March at BCV for first time. We're putting off actually buying until we try (or that's what we're saying now). Rooms in VGF look amazing, hard to decide! Any advice?
We joined while on the Disney Wonder and just went head first into DVC without much research. We live in Southern California and have always wanted to join when we would visit Disneyland, but never thought we were in a position to buy into a "timeshare". When we first started looking several years ago, buy-in was at about 13K For VGC. Prices have shot up tremendously. We wish we would have signed up then so we could have had priority to stay there, now it's nearly impossible to get in at the 7 month window.

Now that we are members, we haven't looked back and the only regret we have is that we wished we broke out our first 160 point contract into two 80 point contracts so we could have more flexibility with resale if it ever got that far. In just a year we have added on a few times as we have found great value in DVC. We chomped at the bit to get into VGF and bought a small 60 point contract. Now we just have the dilemma of figuring out where we are going next every sixth months....

My suggestion, buy where you want to stay to get the priority of the 7-11 month window and plan ahead for your future needs. Hope that helps.
__________________
Wonder, Animal Kingdom, Aulani, Dream.
DaveInCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #37
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Congrats! Sounds like a great match for your family!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you! We feel very comfortable with our decision!

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #38
twinsouvenirs
Loving Double Trouble :)
 
twinsouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,059

Contingent offers for contracts?

That is part of the appeal for us too... we'll have the really long, posh contract for the retirement years

Last edited by twinsouvenirs; 06-25-2013 at 08:42 AM.
twinsouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #39
kellymaples
Earning My Ears
 
kellymaples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 4

GFV point value

Hello Fellow GFV owners. We just purchased at GFV, but don't need our points this year b/c already confirmed res at BLT. Any idea of going rate for GFV point rental? We have a fixed week--Christmas week. Do you all think it is better to rent it as points or for Christmas week? In general confirmed reservations are less valuable, but for a good week at GFV, things may be different.
kellymaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #40
iluvthsgam
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 203

If you look at the rent-trade board you will see 3 posts for VGF points. 2 posts did not disclose the rate and 1 post was offered at $16-$16.50 per point.

Not enough data yet to determine what the going rental rate will be for VGF.
iluvthsgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #41
Fantasia79
Mouseketeer
 
Fantasia79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInCali View Post
We joined while on the Disney Wonder and just went head first into DVC without much research. We live in Southern California and have always wanted to join when we would visit Disneyland, but never thought we were in a position to buy into a "timeshare". When we first started looking several years ago, buy-in was at about 13K For VGC. Prices have shot up tremendously. We wish we would have signed up then so we could have had priority to stay there, now it's nearly impossible to get in at the 7 month window.

Now that we are members, we haven't looked back and the only regret we have is that we wished we broke out our first 160 point contract into two 80 point contracts so we could have more flexibility with resale if it ever got that far. In just a year we have added on a few times as we have found great value in DVC. We chomped at the bit to get into VGF and bought a small 60 point contract. Now we just have the dilemma of figuring out where we are going next every sixth months....

My suggestion, buy where you want to stay to get the priority of the 7-11 month window and plan ahead for your future needs. Hope that helps.
Very much so! Thanks! I don't want to wait more than about a year to purchase, I think we're starting to get into a regretting we didn't do this sooner mode. Hoping I can wait to finish a rental stay before we buy.
__________________
(me) (DW)

My first trip report! Flower & Garden Birthday Spectacular
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post51003637

Grand Floridian 88, 89 Fort Wilderness Lodge 90, 94 Off-Site (with group as HS Band Member) 97
Off-Site (with group as HS Band Director) 03, 07, Dec 09, Dec 13 Polynesian Aug 09 Coronado Springs Aug 11 (30th Birthday) Caribbean Beach Jan 12 Beach Club Villas Mar 14
Fantasia79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.