DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #46
mmdisneylover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mom Dani View Post
So I've decided to take the resale option over buying direct for our first DVC purchase! Now, the question is: What company is best to work with? Who has the best selection, pricing, service, followup, timing, title companies? I've only glanced at Fidelity & TSS. Seems like there's some mixed opinions there.

Thanks in advance!
We've bought and sold through THe Time Share Store and DVCbyResale and had no problems with either company. Which ever one you choose really doesn't matter just compare prices. I have looked at both and usually DVCbyResale is cheaper but we usually buy HH or Vero which most people don't want for whatever the reason is. We aren't usually to picky about where we stay at in Disney but do like BCV Nd BWV. Probably the 11 month window but that doesn't matter to us like I said we aren't picky we will stay at any DVC resort as long as I'm on vacation in the happiest place on earth.
mmdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #47
goneviral
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Has anyone else had a problem with the TSS "contact me" page on their website? I fill it out, hit "request info" then I keep getting an internal server error. I've tried this on 3 different computers...so I'm pretty sure it's not me!

They seem aware of issues with their web site but are (understandably) so focused upon SEO that they are unwilling to distract their tech's attention away from it to work on other stuff.
goneviral is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #48
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Sorry...what is SEO?
Disney Mom Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #49
goneviral
Earning My Ears

Search engine optimization. Basically, SEO enables TSS to be one of the first results on Google when people search for "DVC Resales" and similar keyword terms.
goneviral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #50
JustTinking
DVC Member since 2002

Oh, this is good! So TSS devotes all their programmer's time to putting themselves in the forefront to catch a customer's attention, then doesn't fix the engine that enables that customer to communicate with them. Talk about getting your priorities right!! I gotta write this one down!

JustTinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #51
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Use who ever has the resale you want.
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #52
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

We just finished our 2nd closing recently. TSS & Magic Vacation Title were superior with speed & communication. I was very pleased doing business with them.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #53
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I'll take a stab at some of these.

The title companies will typically allow you to put your deposit on a credit card and then you will pay the balance by cashier's check or wire transfer.

You only pay the deposit when you sign the contracts (then the contract is sent to Disney for ROFR). The rest of the balance will be due at closing. If Disney takes the contract, you can either get a refund, or let the title company keep it for your next contract attempt.

I won't get into the ethics of what you're proposing. But if you do that, you will forfeit your deposit on that contract.

Either works.

If you cancel less than 31 days before you're trip, your points will go into holding. Which means they can only be used to make reservations 60 days before check-in.

DVC is NOT a good option if you think there is a chance for several last-minute cancelations.

If you buy resale, you can use your points at any DVC resort (AKV, BCV, BLT, BWV, VWL, VGF, OKW, SSR and Hilton Head, Vero Beach and Aulani (Hawaii)). You can also use your points to trade into RCI to stay at other destinations (but be aware that DVC only allows for trades a fraction of RCI's properties).

You can't use your points for Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney or the Disney Collection (non-DVC Disney resorts).

You will buy a contract at a specific resort, that is your home resort. You can book your home resort at 11 months out from check-in. You can use your points at any of the DVC resorts starting at seven months before check-in.
Thank you for your answers. I guess my question did sound kinda unethical . I wouldn't want to do anything like that, I just wondered if going through the same company that would be possible if no papers had actually been signed. I am looking at every resale site and I just can't seem to decide which one is best to go with .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #54
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Sent an offer to dvc by resale for 2 contracts listed with no reply, tried emailing them 3 times, I didn't even get an acknowledgement of my emails, a week later the contracts were removed. Never heard from them, I was obviously interested in buying, we were looking at other contracts as well, but, no one ever contacted us. We ended up using our $$$ buying at VGF and are now looking for a resale thru Timeshare Store or Fidelity.

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #55
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We had great service when we purchased two months ago DVC by resale
Old 06-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #56
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

A broker isn't required?
Disney Mom Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #57
iluvthsgam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
A broker isn't required?
You don't need a broker to buy or sell a DVC membership. They can certainly help but it is not required.

You can do it on your own if you can find someone to buy or sell with (whatever you are looking for).
iluvthsgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #58
Sophia the 1st
Earning My Ears

I had a poor experience with Fidelity relating to their mismanagement of the ROFR process, not to mention unreturned phone calls, etc.

Last edited by Sophia the 1st; 07-23-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Sophia the 1st is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: