Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #2506
CammelleandBre
Mouseketeer
 
CammelleandBre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 202

Thank you all for your replies. I'm really excited to stay at a new resort.:-)
__________________
Me (29) DD (11)
CammelleandBre is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #2507
Tehanna
It's FISH EXTENDER, not Fish Exchange!
 
Tehanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 292

Thank you so much for this thread! I've been subscribed to it for weeks now, and we finally pulled the trigger and booked our December vacation this morning!
__________________



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Tehanna is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #2508
farah
Mouseketeer
 
farah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post

What's wrong with the food court?
I realize its just a food court but the food is just not good. My daughter got the pizza and that was ok but I got the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich and it was like they dipped it in salt and the chicken was very dry. My daughter got the Quesadillas and hardly any chicken and cheese on it. Yes, the Beignets are good and the ice cream sandwiches. Otherwise the resort is amazing and the CM's pool etc just wonderful.
__________________
1986-off-site WDW; 1991ish-off site WDW; 2003 off-siteWDW; 2007 All Star Movies WDW; 2011 Disney Magic Western Caribbean; 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter WDW; 2014 Disneyland-Off-site
farah is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #2509
bas71873
DIS Veteran
 
bas71873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah View Post
I realize its just a food court but the food is just not good. My daughter got the pizza and that was ok but I got the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich and it was like they dipped it in salt and the chicken was very dry. My daughter got the Quesadillas and hardly any chicken and cheese on it. Yes, the Beignets are good and the ice cream sandwiches. Otherwise the resort is amazing and the CM's pool etc just wonderful.


I was just curious. I don't have real high expectations of "resort" food. I find it all (not just Disney, everywhere), just so so and overpriced. Kinda looking forward to this trip NOT being on the dining plan and having a rental car so we can eat when & where we want and even off property some.
__________________
Me40; DH39; DD10





Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #2510
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran
 
lovegrumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Va Beach Va
Posts: 1,293

We arrive in 31 days. Do you think the lobby well be done by then?
__________________
Disneyland 03,04,05,06x2,12
Disney World 07x9,08x5,10,12x2,13x4,14
Disney Cruise 10
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17


lovegrumpy is online now  
Old 06-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #2511
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!
 
mom2taylorandemily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 6,948

Hi all. I have a strange question to ask. Last night I had an awful dream where we arrived back at our room one night to a note on the door that stated due to lower capacity at the resort, the pool would be closing every night at 8:00 pm. Please tell me that this won't happen in August during Free Dining! We are planning to be there from Aug. 21 thru Aug. 28, and now my teen daughters are freaking out because they over heard me telling DH about my dream. So, I promised them I would ask and see what time the pool closes. We like to swim at night, especially after we've been at the parks all day in the summer heat! I'd hate to have to walk over to the quiet pools at POR. In the past we've stayed at CBR and been able to swim until almost 12:00 at the main pools and certainly at the quiet pools. So we are making sure before we arrive.
__________________

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #2512
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran
 
mom2AidanAndEli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 1,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
Hi all. I have a strange question to ask. Last night I had an awful dream where we arrived back at our room one night to a note on the door that stated due to lower capacity at the resort, the pool would be closing every night at 8:00 pm. Please tell me that this won't happen in August during Free Dining! We are planning to be there from Aug. 21 thru Aug. 28, and now my teen daughters are freaking out because they over heard me telling DH about my dream. So, I promised them I would ask and see what time the pool closes. We like to swim at night, especially after we've been at the parks all day in the summer heat! I'd hate to have to walk over to the quiet pools at POR. In the past we've stayed at CBR and been able to swim until almost 12:00 at the main pools and certainly at the quiet pools. So we are making sure before we arrive.
I don't actually have an answer for you, but I do have a question. Did you get free dining starting 8/21? How'd you manage that? Just being curious....
__________________


POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is online now  
Old 06-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #2513
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran
 
Sundancer UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 560

It's not just me is it?

I have a problem and I'm wondering if it's a UK issue, or something else.

I've been doing dummy bookings for POFQ, to try and compare prices, etc.

This is the site I'm on:
http://www.disneypackages.co.uk/

I want to go POFQ 13-27 May 2014, Standard view.
This should also give me free dining, 14 for 7 tickets, etc.

But I can not get a standard view room.
It shows the options to select Garden and Water view and has the faded box for standard kingsize (our party is too big so not an allowed option), but no sign at all of Standard.

If I cut off the second week it works, so is there something going on with Standard rooms that week? Or is it a computer glitch? Or something else?

Slightly confused
__________________
Elaine XX
Mum to 5, wife to 1, owner of a cat and dog. UK based Mouse house.

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Sundancer UK is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #2514
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!
 
mom2taylorandemily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 6,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
I don't actually have an answer for you, but I do have a question. Did you get free dining starting 8/21? How'd you manage that? Just being curious....
I booked it last year while we were there as a bounce back. All it takes is a $200 Deposit, so I always make sure to save $200 to book a Bounce back in case its offered and then I know I have Free Dining in August. I've done it now for at least 4 years.
__________________

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #2515
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran
 
mom2AidanAndEli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 1,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
I booked it last year while we were there as a bounce back. All it takes is a $200 Deposit, so I always make sure to save $200 to book a Bounce back in case its offered and then I know I have Free Dining in August. I've done it now for at least 4 years.
Gotcha--thanks! We're checking in 8/25 with the free dining PIN and I was thinking that was the earliest possible date. Now it makes sense!
__________________


POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is online now  
Old 06-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #2516
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!
 
mom2taylorandemily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 6,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
I have a problem and I'm wondering if it's a UK issue, or something else.

I've been doing dummy bookings for POFQ, to try and compare prices, etc.

This is the site I'm on:
http://www.disneypackages.co.uk/

I want to go POFQ 13-27 May 2014, Standard view.
This should also give me free dining, 14 for 7 tickets, etc.

But I can not get a standard view room.
It shows the options to select Garden and Water view and has the faded box for standard kingsize (our party is too big so not an allowed option), but no sign at all of Standard.

If I cut off the second week it works, so is there something going on with Standard rooms that week? Or is it a computer glitch? Or something else?

Slightly confused
They may not have any Standard Rooms available. They may be all booked up for the entire time, and have some available for part of the time.
__________________

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #2517
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!
 
mom2taylorandemily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 6,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Gotcha--thanks! We're checking in 8/25 with the free dining PIN and I was thinking that was the earliest possible date. Now it makes sense!
Well actually the FD Bounce back offer begins on the 17th, but we took advantage of lower AirTran flight prices in the middle of the week, so we changed our dates to accommodate that.
__________________

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #2518
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
I was just curious. I don't have real high expectations of "resort" food. I find it all (not just Disney, everywhere), just so so and overpriced. Kinda looking forward to this trip NOT being on the dining plan and having a rental car so we can eat when & where we want and even off property some.
I've stayed at POFQ 3 times, and always found the offerings at the food court to be very good. Nothing fancy, but good.
__________________
maxiesmom is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #2519
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran
 
Sundancer UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
They may not have any Standard Rooms available. They may be all booked up for the entire time, and have some available for part of the time.
I did think this - but wow, a whole year in advance?
I guess I just thought it would still show on the screen, but not be selectable, IYKWIM.

I'm gutted sad if that is the case though
__________________
Elaine XX
Mum to 5, wife to 1, owner of a cat and dog. UK based Mouse house.

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Sundancer UK is offline  
Old 06-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #2520
bas71873
DIS Veteran
 
bas71873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
I have a problem and I'm wondering if it's a UK issue, or something else.

I've been doing dummy bookings for POFQ, to try and compare prices, etc.

This is the site I'm on:
http://www.disneypackages.co.uk/

I want to go POFQ 13-27 May 2014, Standard view.
This should also give me free dining, 14 for 7 tickets, etc.

But I can not get a standard view room.
It shows the options to select Garden and Water view and has the faded box for standard kingsize (our party is too big so not an allowed option), but no sign at all of Standard.

If I cut off the second week it works, so is there something going on with Standard rooms that week? Or is it a computer glitch? Or something else?

Slightly confused

I thought you couldn't book packages yet for 2014? Maybe that's why things are showing "unavailable".


Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I've stayed at POFQ 3 times, and always found the offerings at the food court to be very good. Nothing fancy, but good.
Thanks!
__________________
Me40; DH39; DD10





Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: