DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #16
iluvthsgam
Mouseketeer

I don't see the harm in offering $10 pp less for a stripped contract now. If you don't get it you can keep trying until an offer is accepted. If you have to wait until the end of the year into early 2014 now you are looking to buy a loaded one and getting points around the same time anyways. So can't hurt to wait it out.
iluvthsgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #17
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Definitely $85 and stripped is the current top of the market, but lots of BWV contracts are selling for just a little bit less than that. Of the 5 "Sale Pending" BWV listings at TTS, none had a full years of points and 4 were originally listed at over $80. The 4 remaining BWV listings are all above $80. So I think that the new norm here is that BWV contract will continue to be listed in the low 80s as people have already shown they are willing to pay those prices.
That makes me feel better with paying full asking after offering 75.00PP then calling back 20 min. later offering full asking 79.00 -it is my UY so to me it added value and I am tired of Disney taking my contracts!
Of course I have 2 weeks to go in ROFR

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #18
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Eeyore View Post
Lots of great things to think about - thanks.

I am not in a huge rush, but the goal is to take the first trip for F&W 2014 so I would need to make sure I closed in enough time to make my 11 month booking window. I will keep watching and try to jump on something that looks reasonable.

It does seem that when compared apples to apples there is not much difference between the asking price for stripped vs intact, and I know there is high demand for these two resorts.
If you are looking to go to F&W 2014, you'll want to book as close to 11 months out as possible, so by around Nov 2013 you would want to book. Giving yourself 3 months to go through closing, ROFR and getting your membership, means you should have an accepted offer by Aug 2013. So you've only got a few months to get all your ducks lined up in a row.

Wishing you lots of luck

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #19
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
That makes me feel better with paying full asking after offering 75.00PP then calling back 20 min. later offering full asking 79.00 -it is my UY so to me it added value and I am tired of Disney taking my contracts!
Of course I have 2 weeks to go in ROFR
Good luck with ROFR

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: