Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #2476
Ness2289
I'm a little lost on this one...
Oooooh! I see now

Here now. Checked in this morning around 10:30. Booked a standard room and requested bldg. 4, second floor, close to transportation. Received Garden View, Bldg. 2, second floor and corner room. No complaints about not getting my request!! First time here and it is definitely a compact resort. The only thing that didn't happen was my text to let us know our room was ready. I finally called the front desk after 3:00 and found out it was ready. Our bags had already arrived from DME as well.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
June/July 2014- Swan & Dolphin/Pop Century, June 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter, April 2011-Disney Dream, June 2010-Pop Century Resort, Mar./Apr. 2008-1st Cruise!!- Land and Sea - Wonder/Polynesian Resort, June 2005- Caribbean Beach Resort, March 2003- Offsite for DD's 1st Trip! , 1997- Offsite, 1993- Offsite, 1981- Offsite

Last edited by Ness2289; 06-18-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #2477
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness2289 View Post
Here now. Checked in this morning Round 10:30. Booked a standard room and requested bldg. 4, second floor, close to transportation. Received Garden View, Bldg. 2, second floor and corner room. No complaints about not getting my request!! First time here and it is definitely a compact resort. The only thing that didn't happen was my text to let us know our room was ready. I finally called the front desk after 3:00 and found out it was ready. Our bags had already arrived from DME as well.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Your requests vs. what you got has me a bit nervous about my requests. I asked for Bldg. 4, corner room, close to bus, and anything above first floor. Fingers crossed.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #2478
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

forgive me but I really don't want to read through 166 pages. are there any 'special' rooms at pofq? when I look at booking its either garden view or river view. If I go to pors there are tons more catagories. just wondering if all the rooms are the same just different spots or do they have special rooms like the tiana rooms at river side.
tia
Old 06-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #2479
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
forgive me but I really don't want to read through 166 pages. are there any 'special' rooms at pofq? when I look at booking its either garden view or river view. If I go to pors there are tons more catagories. just wondering if all the rooms are the same just different spots or do they have special rooms like the tiana rooms at river side.
tia
No need to read through all 166 pages, just post #1.

There are now five room categories: Standard, Garden View, King Bed, Pool View and River View. Each room category has its own pricing level. There are no preferred locations at this resort as it is so compact that it does not really need them.

Standard View rooms almost all face the parking lots, while Garden View guarantees that you wont be looking out over a parking lot and you should get a more pleasant view of gardens, courtyards, fountains, etc.
Pool View gives you an upper floor room overlooking the main swimming pool, while River View will be overlooking the Sassagoula River.
King Bed rooms contain just one King-size bed instead of two queens and can be located anywhere in the resort. Some have Pool or River views, but they still need to be booked using the King Bed category.
Disability Accessible rooms can also be booked, mostly featuring two queen beds although a few King Bed options are available. Some have roll-in showers while others feature bathtubs with easy wheelchair access.
For a complete guide to the booking category of every room at the resort, including clickable floorplan layouts of each building, please see the portorleans.org pages for French Quarter.

So no, there are no special rooms like the Royal Rooms at POR.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:38 AM   #2480
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
Your requests vs. what you got has me a bit nervous about my requests. I asked for Bldg. 4, corner room, close to bus, and anything above first floor. Fingers crossed.
Disney have always said that requests are NOT GUARANTEED - so there's nothing to be "nervous" about, just remember that you may (or may not) get your request granted and then just enjoy whatever you happen to get.

It does emphasise my point that you should say WHAT you want from a particular location, rather than just giving a building number, so they might be able to find you something similar to match your wishes if they can't get a very specific location for you.

But really, POFQ is so small that location requests (other than for medical reasons) are almost not needed anyway.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #2481
rccllap
Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?

Laundry shocker last night. My bf went to take care of our accumulated clothes and he says the machines ONLY take credit cards now. No quarters, period. He is extremely upset about this (he rarely uses plastic at all, even pays cash for gas 99% of the time) and is planning to talk to GS about it.

Whoohooooo
Old 06-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #2482
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccllap View Post
Laundry shocker last night. My bf went to take care of our accumulated clothes and he says the machines ONLY take credit cards now. No quarters, period. He is extremely upset about this (he rarely uses plastic at all, even pays cash for gas 99% of the time) and is planning to talk to GS about it.
Almost all resorts have changed to this b/c most ppl today don't carry cash.. I'm not sure what GS will be able to do?

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 06-18-2013, 05:36 AM   #2483
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Laundry shocker last night. My bf went to take care of our accumulated clothes and he says the machines ONLY take credit cards now. No quarters, period.
I don't like the sound of this!! We do not have any credit cards, we use a debit card attached to an account we have seperately from our working account and use that when we are on holiday as we prefer to spend our own money rather than getting into any form of lending. It isn't a problem usually but we have found for smaller things sometimes it is only a credit card that is accepted. I will have to call and find out what cards they take. Thank you for the information and I hope you are having a great time!!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

Old 06-18-2013, 05:41 AM   #2484
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I read somewhere this was to reduce the need for change and to prevent having machines full of money waiting to be stolen.

Does anyone know if a room key would work?

Another thought: Ask at the desk if there is someway to do clothes if you don't have a credit card.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 06-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #2485
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Laundry shocker last night.
Not that much of a shocker, I reported it on 20th April www.portorleans.org/news.php#200413 and it was mentioned here too http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post48156090. Credit and debit cards are accepted, but Key to the World cards are not (it's a generic off-the-shelf laundry payment system I believe). Only at POFQ at the moment, the POR laundries are still cash-based.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 06-18-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:02 AM   #2486
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

We did not make any requests...are traveling with two other families and the first family arrived two nights earlier and asked if we could be close together..we all paid for standard rooms and we are all in building five all garden view...three rooms in a row starting with us in a corner king that is right by the stairs to go down to the lobby...what a perfect location!!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
Old 06-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #2487
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Disney have always said that requests are NOT GUARANTEED - so there's nothing to be "nervous" about, just remember that you may (or may not) get your request granted and then just enjoy whatever you happen to get.

It does emphasise my point that you should say WHAT you want from a particular location, rather than just giving a building number, so they might be able to find you something similar to match your wishes if they can't get a very specific location for you.

But really, POFQ is so small that location requests (other than for medical reasons) are almost not needed anyway.

Andre
Oh, I know. I've stayed on site multiple times, but for the most part, I've gotten very lucky and received at least part of my requests met. At CBR, I've always requested Bldg. 26 Martinique, corner room, 2nd floor and gotten extremely lucky. Knowing that I was hoping for mostly the same at POFQ. Only stayed there once and got requests met, and at POR and got them met there as well.

It was really just an out loud thought on the thread.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #2488
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
I visited during a very busy week last Nov (Food & wine half marathon), and we got our request to be in bldg 4, near the transportation. They gave me the 2nd floor and corner room, even though I didn't request it. I only put my request in by phone through the regular reservation line once (no faxing, etc) and POFQ definitely read my request and granted it. I think it just depends on all those other factors that are beyond your control...how busy the resort is, available rooms in the room type you paid for, availability when you check in, etc. Since this was our first time to POFQ, we walked around the resort, and everything is very close together nothing is too far away and it's easy to get around. So try not to worry too much
Old 06-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #2489
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

sorry....wrong info. deleting.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #2490
midgetpepper
Earning My Ears

We are staying at POFQ in September and are so excited to try this resort out!

My question is, we will be going to Universal Studios for a day while we are there, are there taxis close by to take to the park? Has anyone taken one to Universal before and can give me a ballpark figure on how much it cost?

Thanks SO much!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: