Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #76
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

Hey...gotta stay motivated!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #77
HawkeyeThad
Mouseketeer

Hope everyone had a great time on Sunday! Unfortunately, I didn't meet any of the DIS team while I was at Kings Dominion. My legs still hurt from riding Hurler and Grizzly for an hour each! Glad my group got on I-305 before the rain came in. We missed out on our last 15 minutes, but the last group wouldn't have been able to ride at all with the downpour that took place. We were sitting in a restaurant waiting for it to pass, and the place started flooding. That was a pretty crazy way to end the day!

Congrats on all of the money raised by the DIS!

Thad
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #78
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeThad View Post
Hope everyone had a great time on Sunday! Unfortunately, I didn't meet any of the DIS team while I was at Kings Dominion. My legs still hurt from riding Hurler and Grizzly for an hour each! Glad my group got on I-305 before the rain came in. We missed out on our last 15 minutes, but the last group wouldn't have been able to ride at all with the downpour that took place. We were sitting in a restaurant waiting for it to pass, and the place started flooding. That was a pretty crazy way to end the day!

Congrats on all of the money raised by the DIS!

Thad
Thad, sorry we missed you! Where you part of the large group with all the top fundraisers? I met up with Kevin and his DD Jordan. I was glad I met them. It was nice to have someone to ride with since I did the event solo. DW and DD won't ride thrill rides. BTMR and FT are about their limit.

That rain storm sure was crazy! I stopped the "marathon" early because I wanted to go on some of the coasters that were not included. I had just sat down in the Stunt Coaster and they made us get out.

Hopefully I'll be better prepared next time, starting out on Dominator was not good! After 4 or 5 times on that in the morning, my stomach was upset and it did not really recover for the rest of the day. I still did all the other coasters, but at a much slower pace.

I think I'm going to try to do CFK at Dorney next year. I have friends in PA that want to do it with me.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #79
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

YAY!!!! The more the merrier at Dorney Park!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #80
HawkeyeThad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
Thad, sorry we missed you! Where you part of the large group with all the top fundraisers? I met up with Kevin and his DD Jordan. I was glad I met them. It was nice to have someone to ride with since I did the event solo. DW and DD won't ride thrill rides. BTMR and FT are about their limit.

That rain storm sure was crazy! I stopped the "marathon" early because I wanted to go on some of the coasters that were not included. I had just sat down in the Stunt Coaster and they made us get out.

Hopefully I'll be better prepared next time, starting out on Dominator was not good! After 4 or 5 times on that in the morning, my stomach was upset and it did not really recover for the rest of the day. I still did all the other coasters, but at a much slower pace.

I think I'm going to try to do CFK at Dorney next year. I have friends in PA that want to do it with me.
Yes, I was part of one of the larger teams there. I ended up raising $1260 and taking 3rd place for all of Kings Dominion! I'd have to say that the best moment was getting to meet Abby and her family. Seeing how grateful they were really made it all worth it!

I'll probably do Worlds of Fun or ValleyFair next summer. They're both MUCH closer than KD was!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #81
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

Planning is in the works for Dis Coasting for Kids 2014! Hoping to make this year's event even bigger and better than last year!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: