Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #2431
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Answers in red...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml3679 View Post
- Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom Take the bus to MK
- Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Bus to MK, then walk over to the Contemporary
- Kouzinna at The Boardwalk Bus to Studios, then Friendship Boat to the Boardwalk
- 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Bus to MK, then ferry boat (or monorail if no boat currently in sight from the dock) to the Grand Floridian
By early, I mean between 9 and 9:15.
Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #2432
rccllap
Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?

Okay so this is kind of resort-specific, but also Disney-general as far as "early check in" is concerned.

This will be my first time staying at POFQ, but not my first time on property.

I'll be honest, in the past my mom has made all the arrangements and handled all the check-in & out's.

My understanding has been, however, that it really doesn't matter what time we get there, we can leave our luggage with bell services and go on to do whatever even if our room isn't ready. We will get all checked in and stuff, just not have key access. Is that accurate?

We're hoping to get to WDW around or a bit after lunchtime. The plan currently is to get our passes picked up and then go check in to the resort. Even though it will be later in the afternoon and not the ideal time to go, once we're situated I think we're going to go ahead to MK.

I'm dying for fresh beignets! I love them!!

Whoohooooo
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #2433
aml3679
Kita's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Answers in red...

Andre
Thank you!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #2434
pooch
I feel so special now!!

Just wanted to say hello

Quote:
We are very excited - we have not been to Disney World in 10 years and this is our first time ever staying on site. We will be there for 13 nights this December.

We have a few early ADR's for breakfast and was wondering what is the best way to get there:

- Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom
- Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary
- Kouzinna at The Boardwalk
- 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian

By early, I mean between 9 and 9:15.

Also, we have 2 non-park days and would like to see many of the resorts and what is the easiest way:

The resorts we have dining reservations at are: The Grand Floridian, the Boardwalk, The Contemporary and Fort Wilderness.

Our must see other resorts:

The Polynesian - this will not be a problem since it is a Monorail resort.

Wilderness Lodge
Yacht and Beach Club
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Pop Century
Art of Animation

and if we have time the other resorts not mentioned.

Thanks for your help.
we will be staying at POFQ about the same time, checking in 11/29.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #2435
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccllap View Post
My understanding has been, however, that it really doesn't matter what time we get there, we can leave our luggage with bell services and go on to do whatever even if our room isn't ready. We will get all checked in and stuff, just not have key access. Is that accurate?
100% correct. You'll even be given your keycards allowing theme park access, dining credits, etc. You just won't have front-door access to your room yet (or even be given the room number) before it has been cleaned and ready from the previous guests. That said, depending on what time you arrive, if a room happens to be ready then you might well be given access early anyway.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #2436
3forWDW
Mouseketeer

Late Check In Advice

We will be traveling for 9 hours for our arrival at POFQ in Sep. It will put us after midnight arriving. I have reserved a Riverview room and requested Building 5. Also, to further complicate things, our day of arrival is the last day of Free Dining offer (25th). Couple of questions -- 1) Should I be worried about the check in time being on the 26th? I assume not since I will be paying for the room starting on the 25th. And this shouldn't affect my FD should it?? Should I phone the resort on my trip down to assure them that we are indeed coming? 2) I plan on faxing a room request to request a Building 5 room close to pool and river. However, I only reserved/paid for Riverview because Pool view wasn't offered for my dates with the FD offer and we really wanted to be center of the resort, close to pool, close to main building. Riverview would be great, but not the first priority So I also planned to put in the fax that if we can not be placed in a Riverview room in Bldg 5, we would prefer some "reverse" pixie dust and be put in a Bldg 5 garden view, or Bldg 4 standard view. If they are able to accomodate this request and we get a standard view, will they adjust my room rate? Or will it still be at the Riverview rate? Scared to change my reservation (if there are even any rooms available) to a different view to save $'s then have to ask for pixie dust to upgrade. 3) Should I do on line check in? With us arriving so late, the room being ready shouldn't be an issue, but with on line check in, will you know the room you are assigned ahead of arrival? We will be happy with wherever we are placed, we will be at Disney World. Just hoping dragging in there at 2 or 3 in the morn doesn't make everything too crazy!!

Offsite Oct 1991 (Honeymoon); Offsite Oct 2000 (1st Trip For DS (3 yrs. old); All Star Sports Sept 2002; Pop Century Sept 2005 (Evacuation from Hurricane Katrina Trip!!) Free Dining ; All Star Movies Sept 2006 Free Dining; Pop Century Sept 2007 MNSSHP & Free Dining; All Star Sports Dec 2008 MVMCP & Christmas Lights; All Star Movies Nov 2009 Thanksgiving & Free Dining; Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2013 Free Dining

Old 06-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #2437
aml3679
Kita's Mom

Pooch: Hello to you also. Maybe we will run into each other. See ya real soon

Last edited by aml3679; 06-11-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Add heading
Old 06-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #2438
labfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingkat View Post
When did the make your own pasta become available at French Quarter? I know that Riverside has it, but in all my stays at French Quarter -the last in May this year- they only had pasta with meatballs.
The beignets are always freshly made when ordered.

Sorry - a little typing error there. She had the make your own pasta at Riverside and one night she had the pasta minus the meatballs at FQ.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #2439
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Also, we have 2 non-park days and would like to see many of the resorts and what is the easiest way:

The resorts we have dining reservations at are: The Grand Floridian, the Boardwalk, The Contemporary and Fort Wilderness.

Our must see other resorts:

The Polynesian - this will not be a problem since it is a Monorail resort.

Wilderness Lodge-Travel to MK then take one of the boats over
Yacht and Beach Club-Travel to DHS by bus, then before the entrance off to the right is the Friendship Boat Dock, take that boat over, its the 2nd stop.
Caribbean Beach-Take a bus to any park and transfer over to CBR bus, but be careful when you get there, the bus will stop at each "island" or at Old Port Royale, which is the Food Court and pool area.
Coronado Springs-Same as CBR, take a bus and transfer.
Pop Century-same with the bus
Art of Animation-walk across the bridge from Pop Century or take a bus.

and if we have time the other resorts not mentioned.

Thanks for your help.
Answers in Red.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #2440
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

Ok, I am going to opt out of the early arrival option of the room request form to try for top floor og Bldg 4, that seems to be the closest to transportation and the dining area.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #2441
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybass View Post
Ok, I am going to opt out of the early arrival option of the room request form to try for top floor og Bldg 4, that seems to be the closest to transportation and the dining area.
I wouldn't worry too much, the whole resort is so small that nowhere is very far away. If you want top floor / close to transport, just request that rather than asking for a building number.

Andre

Old 06-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #2442
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I wouldn't worry too much, the whole resort is so small that nowhere is very far away. If you want top floor / close to transport, just request that rather than asking for a building number.

Andre
Excellent, thanks again. I have been an addict of portorleans.org since our first Riverside trip, love that site.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #2443
edinburghlass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybass View Post
Our view from standard room in Bldg 4, 2nd floor. The bus stop is just beyond the vehicles you can see in the car park.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #2444
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinburghlass View Post
Our view from standard room in Bldg 4, 2nd floor. The bus stop is just beyond the vehicles you can see in the car park.

Nice, POR had a long walk for us before, that is a nice short stroll.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #2445
Amunet
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to each of the parks from POFQ via Disney transportation?

Also, does anyone know how early transportation starts running in the morning?

Past Disney Trips
Disneyland 1995 • 2005 • 2013
Disney World 2008 CBR (Honeymoon) • 2011 POFQ • 2012 AoA/POR • 2013 AKV/CBR
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: