Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

The Way to Get Started...Quit Talking Start Doing!

I've been talking about Disney long before I had my son. I never went to the World, only the Land. Here goes nothing!

This is my first pre trip report and well my first trip to Disney. I'm a Dis newbie. I've been researching and following these boards for 6 months before finally joining and spreading my wings. Now to the fun part!

Dates: November 14-18 2013

Where: Disney's Beach Club Resort

Why: I'm 30 and I have never been to WDW! I haven't been on an actual vacation (where no work was done) in 7 years and I am finally financially in a place where I can take us and my parents!

Who: SEE BELOW!!!

INTRODUCTIONS
(BECAUSE LETS FACE IT WE ARE ALL A LIL NOSEY!)

Me! I'm Natasha. I'm 30 and I work with the US Navy. I'm a kind of single mom, I say kind of only because we are not living together (stationed in another state) or married at the moment. My son will be two in July. He will almost be 2 1/2 by the time we are on our trip. I'm insane about planning down to the last detail. I'm a southern girl who enjoys her sweet tea with or without the liquor sitting on the back deck enjoying the humidity. I'm also a beach girl by nature. My favorite Disney movie is Tangled (followed by the little mermaid). I cannot wait to meet princesses. We are eating at Akerhus just for me. I don't know if I'm more excited to plan our outfits or the trip?
In costume (Wicked 10K...can you guess who I am?)

And out

My son Michael. The craziest kid I know. He is both sweet and spicy which scares me a little for this impending trip. His favorite Disney movie is....too many to name! It was Tangled now he loves Beauty and the Beast, Frog Princess and Snow White (I'm actually thrilledhe loves Snow White because it is so classic and relaxing for me to watch). Michael ABSOLUTELY adores the dwarves and pretends to snore when he watches them sleeping. Too cute. In fact he is having a Flynn Rider birthday party in a couple of weeks. More on that later

My parents, Michael (66) and Deanna(57). LOVE them to death. They are getting a free vaca to help. But also because they have really been a 2nd set of parents to my needy little boy. I would probably be a complete wreck if wasn't for them since the day he was born. They are amazing people. I do have a tiny fear of how my father will do in crowds. Mom's favorite character is Merida and dad's is Donald Duck!

My main man, J, is 48. He is there to make Michael and I happy. J's favorite character is Buzz Lightyear. I've already told him a picture of us kissing in front of the castle is mandatory for the trip. He's pretty shy about photos on public sites.

I started planning our first Disney trip EVER 2 months ago. Because of life in general (and funds) we have 3 nights and 2 full days and 2 quarter days to enjoy it. Not ideal, but I'm making the best of what we got! We equals myself and my 2 year old son (who will be 2 1/2 on the trip), my boyfriend (father of son) and my parents. My boyfriend and I are paying for the whole thing and even getting my parents their own room. We are staying at the Beach Club Resort. Our plane tickets thankfully were taken care of by frequent flyer miles. We are using the dining plan as well.

I'm so overwhelmed but here is what I have planned out (with the help of a travel agent who probably is HIGHLY annoyed with me). Feel free to give me any hints or tips...tell me if I'm WAY off. Let her rip

Here is my "Table of Contents" place saver. Links to come.
  1. Introductions
  2. ADRs....He's Not Afraid of Large Walking Stuffed Animals, Is He?!
  3. Touring Plan or Snoring Plan
  4. Snacks, Snacks and more Snacks
  5. I Want to be a Princess Too (outfit planning)
  6. Taking Care of the Rents (or making sure my father doesn't have a melt down)
  7. Date Night Ideas

#1 Beach Club, Novmeber 13
#2 AKL, May 14
#3 BLT, November 14

We Dreamed and its Trip #2 PTR

Never Finished PTR #1

Last edited by momofmaz; 09-04-2013 at 07:02 AM.
momofmaz is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: