Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
justthe2ofus
Earning My Ears

online check-in good or bad for first timers

Hello, All.

My nine year old daughter and I are making our first trip to WDW in June. We are staying at POR and staying is a Royal Room ( the Royal Room is a surprise for my daughter).

I was thinking about completing the online registration. I have read that it speeds the process upon arrival at the resort. But, I was thinking(maybe incorrectly) that since we are new to WDW that maybe we should do regular checkin as to obtain more information about the resort and the parks from the CM.

Would you recommend online checkin for first timers? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to online check-in?

TIA
justthe2ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
grammimouse
Mouseketeer

Yes do it

We do the online check-in every time . The best thing about this is it save you . Time at your check in , they have a line of it's own for people that have done on line check in . get to your room , drop your bags and hit the parks
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

I don't think the online check in makes much of a difference, but it is a special feeling to be able to log on and check in. Knowing you are that much closer to your trip
Old 05-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
momof2sons
Mouseketeer

You may want to post this in the Resort Forum.

Online check-in is a great option if you have been to Disney. If you are going to have a lot of questions than regular check-in would be what I would pick. They will answer your questions either way. Also regular check-in will give you more verbal information without you having to ask.
momof2sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

We didn't do online checkin for our first visit last February and I wish I would have. The line was so much longer for regular check in and since I had spent so much time on these boards, I knew everything that the cast member was telling me. We will be doing online checkin from now on.
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

As it is your first time I would do regular check in. You do get more of a spiel from the CMs that way.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
justthe2ofus
Earning My Ears

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

I have gotten a lot of information from the boards. I've have read them every day for the last week or so. My daughter thinks I'm obsessed with it. Maybe I am ... She will appreciate my obsession when we arrive.

I think I will do the online-check in to save time. We are planning to go to MK on our arrival day because we have reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrance Dessert Party. I’m certain my DD will appreciate my preparation or obsession (as she calls it), when we are at the Dessert Party.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
jaiminee krikit
Mouseketeer

I just joined DIS yesterday, and just saw your post today, and thought I'd try out replying!
I've done the online check-in several times, and I've done regular check in once. I highly recommend the online check-in (just giving you some reassurance!) I think the only real difference is that if you do it online, they have your packet ready for you when you get there. When you do the online check-in, it asks what time you think you'll be arriving. Every time I've done online check-in, our room is ready when we get there (well before the official check-in time). Maybe we're lucky, maybe that's one of the perks of checking in online.
Regardless they'll answer any question you have, and explain a lot (unless you get Mr. Grumpy Gills) about the resort either way. And each time we do online, the line is much shorter when we arrive. And if the online check-in window is full, you can go over to a regular check-in window if available.
And PS - your daughter will love the Royal Room, it'll make the trip even more magical!!! Oh, POR is my absolute favorite resort, it is so beautiful!!! Have fun! (I am soooo jealous!)
Old 05-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
Turbanator
Disney Fan

Welcome to disboards
Old 05-29-2013, 02:09 AM   #11
Tlm13svm
Earning My Ears

Front Desk CM and Trainer here, complete the online check in. It's quicker because we have to verify less information and your packet is pre-made, leaving more time to go through our speil. We do not assume your seasoned and cut out info. And feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like enjoy your trip!!
Tlm13svm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #12
deserrai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus View Post
Hello, All.

My nine year old daughter and I are making our first trip to WDW in June. We are staying at POR and staying is a Royal Room ( the Royal Room is a surprise for my daughter).

I was thinking about completing the online registration. I have read that it speeds the process upon arrival at the resort. But, I was thinking(maybe incorrectly) that since we are new to WDW that maybe we should do regular checkin as to obtain more information about the resort and the parks from the CM.

Would you recommend online checkin for first timers? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to online check-in?

TIA
I just wanted to say welcome! I raised my now 19 year old daughter by myself and some of our most special memories are the mother-daughter trips we took to Disney. Have fun! I know you will have a wonderful time!

Oh and I definitely agree to do the online check-in. Makes the process so much easier!

deserrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #13
justthe2ofus
Earning My Ears

thanks

I just wanted to thank everyone for the welcomes, responses, and great information. This board is great!!!!!

10 more days...I can't wait.