Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #2281
pooch
I feel so special now!!

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Then I'd suggest simply asking for a room with close access for the main building and the boat dock. That gives them the maximium chance of meeting your request in any one of three or four buildings (5, 2, 3 or 4).

Andre
DD and I stayed at this lovely resort several years ago and I am very much looking forward to returning! Then when Disney called ME to offer free dining, it was pretty much a lock (even though I had already made off site arrangements!!) We will be there 11/29 through 12/6.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #2282
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch
Looking for suggestions for room requests. We are looking to be semi-close to main building & boat dock.
Building 5, facing the grass courtyard is our fav location. Close to pool, main building and short walk to the bus stop.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #2283
ICMDGO
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLC View Post
Checked in to POFQ at 5:15am. Got a room on 3rd floor of building 7. Checked in at the temporary registration area. Lots of jackhammer noise and activity going on at the normal registration area that early in the morning. Now waiting at the Poly to have Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's.
Yum on the Tonga Toast!!! Can't wait until October when I'll be having some too!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #2284
Helsie
Earning My Ears

Booked 3 rooms for our party of 12, and have asked for interconnecting rooms for 2 of them as there will be unaccompanied minors in there. Should we fax and ask for the third room to be next door or will it happen automatically as all rooms were booked together. Getting excited.com! In need of sunshine as spring seems to be avoiding the east of England right now.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #2285
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsie View Post
Should we fax and ask for the third room to be next door or will it happen automatically as all rooms were booked together.
Can't do any harm to fax of course, but they'll probably catch the three-room booking anyway.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #2286
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Just back from a quick 4 night stay at Port Orleans French Quarter! Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the wonderful advice during these last few months. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, thanks to all of you!

A few thoughts:
Our room location was fabulous! We did the online check-in and did send a fax 7 days in advance (the last chance I had to fax prior to check-in). We arrived at 10am, but our room wasn't ready until 4pm. We were told that they would text us when our room was ready, but for some reason a text was never sent. When dh went to check on our room, the CM remarked that it is usually noted on reservations when the text was sent, but for some reason it wasn't noted on our reservation despite the fact that they confirmed our cell number when we checked in. No problem. We booked a standard room but were thrilled to get a beautiful courtyard view, 3rd floor in building 1. We requested a non-parking lot view, high floor in a quiet location. This suited us perfectly.

Mousekeeping was fine, but a couple strange things did happen. We never had a kleenex/tissue box in our room for our entire stay. Don't they supply tissue boxes anymore? I kept forgetting to request one. Also, mousekeeping threw out our soap at the sinks & showers EVERYDAY! What a waste! Every day we'd be forced to open a new soap. I could have left a note asking to keep our soap, but again, I kept forgetting. It was so strange to have this happen everyday. Other than that, the rooms were lovely, beds comfortable and we did love our location.

We loved strolling the grounds at night and enjoyed a few quick service meals at both the POFQ and POR food courts. We enjoyed everything, especially the beignets at FQ! We enjoyed some of the evening campfires and outdoor movies, and just simply enjoyed the beautiful grounds. My dh only had one small complaint. He likes the feature pools with water slides, but we also learned on this trip how much we enjoy the quiet pools at some of the other moderate resorts. We like having a little bit of quiet while reading by the pool which you often can't get at the feature pools. We did finally go to one of the quiet pools at POR, but he thought it was too far from our room. We got caught in a huge rain storm, reinforcing his issue with distance.

At any rate, we LOVED POFQ and have now completed a stay at all of the moderate level hotels. We will definitely be back! Thanks again for all the help!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #2287
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Just back from a quick 4 night stay at Port Orleans French Quarter! Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the wonderful advice during these last few months. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, thanks to all of you!

A few thoughts:
Our room location was fabulous! We did the online check-in and did send a fax 7 days in advance (the last chance I had to fax prior to check-in). We arrived at 10am, but our room wasn't ready until 4pm. We were told that they would text us when our room was ready, but for some reason a text was never sent. When dh went to check on our room, the CM remarked that it is usually noted on reservations when the text was sent, but for some reason it wasn't noted on our reservation despite the fact that they confirmed our cell number when we checked in. No problem. We booked a standard room but were thrilled to get a beautiful courtyard view, 3rd floor in building 1. We requested a non-parking lot view, high floor in a quiet location. This suited us perfectly.

Mousekeeping was fine, but a couple strange things did happen. We never had a kleenex/tissue box in our room for our entire stay. Don't they supply tissue boxes anymore? I kept forgetting to request one. Also, mousekeeping threw out our soap at the sinks & showers EVERYDAY! What a waste! Every day we'd be forced to open a new soap. I could have left a note asking to keep our soap, but again, I kept forgetting. It was so strange to have this happen everyday. Other than that, the rooms were lovely, beds comfortable and we did love our location.

We loved strolling the grounds at night and enjoyed a few quick service meals at both the POFQ and POR food courts. We enjoyed everything, especially the beignets at FQ! We enjoyed some of the evening campfires and outdoor movies, and just simply enjoyed the beautiful grounds. My dh only had one small complaint. He likes the feature pools with water slides, but we also learned on this trip how much we enjoy the quiet pools at some of the other moderate resorts. We like having a little bit of quiet while reading by the pool which you often can't get at the feature pools. We did finally go to one of the quiet pools at POR, but he thought it was too far from our room. We got caught in a huge rain storm, reinforcing his issue with distance.

At any rate, we LOVED POFQ and have now completed a stay at all of the moderate level hotels. We will definitely be back! Thanks again for all the help!
Glad you enjoyed your stay!!! about the soap, I have two opinions on this:
1. It is easier for them to throw it away then to have to "clean around" and have it leave a goopy mess on the sink/tub etc.
2. all kinds of germs and bacteria collect on bar soap so consider yourself saved form any extra "ick". (as if you are not all ready exposed to enough via handrails,buses, food trays,etc,etc)

I can't wait for the beignets! We have stayed at POR and they don't serve them there, so I am definately looking forward to this. Do you know if they can be purchased with a snack credit?
I hope I am not going to miss the quiet pools, it was nice to be able to let my kids swim without actually having to worry the would get clobbered by tons of other rowdy kids, plus it was easy to do a quick load of laundry while there!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #2288
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

CJK--Glad you enjoyed your stay at POFQ. It is one of my favorites!

I wanted to let you know that during my stay at CBR this last year, they kept throwing the soap away on me too. The second day of our trip we came back to the room, I went to wash my hands, and I was like "I know I opened that soap!!" Must be a new thing, but I agree, it seems pretty wasteful at resorts that try very hard to be green.

The horrors we have to deal with when staying at a Disney resort, right??
Old 05-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #2289
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Thank you for the review!

Did you know that WDW and Disneyland recycle used guest soap? The details are here

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ombat-cholera/

It may have seemed wasteful to always get a new soap, but at least the old soap was going to a good cause and not just tossed.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #2290
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
Thank you for the review!

Did you know that WDW and Disneyland recycle used guest soap? The details are here

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ombat-cholera/

It may have seemed wasteful to always get a new soap, but at least the old soap was going to a good cause and not just tossed.
Thanks for letting me know! I didn't know they recycled the soap. I feel better now!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #2291
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankgirl05 View Post
Glad you enjoyed your stay!!! about the soap, I have two opinions on this:
1. It is easier for them to throw it away then to have to "clean around" and have it leave a goopy mess on the sink/tub etc.
2. all kinds of germs and bacteria collect on bar soap so consider yourself saved form any extra "ick". (as if you are not all ready exposed to enough via handrails,buses, food trays,etc,etc)

I can't wait for the beignets! We have stayed at POR and they don't serve them there, so I am definately looking forward to this. Do you know if they can be purchased with a snack credit?
I hope I am not going to miss the quiet pools, it was nice to be able to let my kids swim without actually having to worry the would get clobbered by tons of other rowdy kids, plus it was easy to do a quick load of laundry while there!!!
We weren't on the dining plan during this trip, but I'm fairly confident that you can buy 3 beignets for a snack credit! Enjoy!!
Old 05-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #2292
edinburghlass
DIS Veteran

View from our standard room, building 4, room 4213, just perfect, quick walk through this garden to the back of the bus stop.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #2293
edinburghlass
DIS Veteran

And our lovely doorman...

Old 05-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #2294
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Question

Andre, I have a question as to what exactly is the area shown on the resort layout diagram of POFQ towards the parking lot side of building #4? It appears as a rectangle intersected by an X with a circle in the center of the X. Is that a garden area or something else? Thanks!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #2295
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z
Andre, I have a question as to what exactly is the area shown on the resort layout diagram of POFQ towards the parking lot side of building #4? It appears as a rectangle intersected by an X with a circle in the center of the X. Is that a garden area or something else? Thanks!
Check the picture two posts before yours (from EDINBURGLASS) it shows a picture of EXACTLY what you're questioning.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: