Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #2266
cutejellybeen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch15foot View Post
Wondering if any one can help ... looking to purchase a bottle of rum once arrived at MCO ideally as taking DME (no car). Flying in from Toronto. Any options? Can it be purchased at the airport (i.e. at duty free)? Is there a liquor store close by or accessible by talking disney transport and then walking a short distance?
On my last trip, we actually got our vodka in the Montreal airport, at duty free. Once through security there were no issues with buying liquids and carrying them on the plane. I'm sure you could do that at Pearson?? Just save extra room in your carry on! Unless you wanted an American only brand?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #2267
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Garden Grocer will deliver alcohol to your room. They have a minimum delivery amount, but you can add snacks, water bottles, or whatever else you may need. We use GG on every trip and are pleased with their services. They don't have rum in the shopping list (just beer and wine) but you can ask for it in the comments section and see if they can bring it. Be specific with brand and bottle size. You will have to fax your ID to order alcohol.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #2268
switch15foot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutejellybeen View Post
On my last trip, we actually got our vodka in the Montreal airport, at duty free. Once through security there were no issues with buying liquids and carrying them on the plane. I'm sure you could do that at Pearson?? Just save extra room in your carry on! Unless you wanted an American only brand?
Did you fly out of Montreal to Orlando? Just trying to figure out the logistics. Don't really want to have to pack a bottle in my checked luggage. Dad is particular to a specific kind of rum.

Once through security I can stop by duty free at Pearson (airport flying from) pick up bottle to add to carry-on and continue on to Orlando. Will I have any issues at Orlando. Has anyone done this?

Dec 2013 - TourGuide CH Shows Her Parents the Magic w Free Dinning
Dec 2010 - 1st Taste of Magic - All Star Movies w Free Dinning
Old 05-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #2269
switch15foot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
Garden Grocer will deliver alcohol to your room. They have a minimum delivery amount, but you can add snacks, water bottles, or whatever else you may need. We use GG on every trip and are pleased with their services. They don't have rum in the shopping list (just beer and wine) but you can ask for it in the comments section and see if they can bring it. Be specific with brand and bottle size. You will have to fax your ID to order alcohol.
Thanks for this tip, wasn't aware that could see if can pick up something not on the website.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #2270
switch15foot
Mouseketeer

Anyone know what types of rum are in the gift shop? Cost?

This is all for my Dad, he likes a particular kind of rum, Bacardi Limon.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #2271
ash09nd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Wondering if any one can help ... looking to purchase a bottle of rum once arrived at MCO ideally as taking DME (no car). Flying in from Toronto. Any options? Can it be purchased at the airport (i.e. at duty free)? Is there a liquor store close by or accessible by talking disney transport and then walking a short distance?
I just left POFQ. There are numerous types of liquor to purchase at the gift shop. I don't know the price, however. But, I know you can go to downtown Disney and there is a liquor store across the street within walking distance. The liquor store has normal prices. Hope that helps.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #2272
Queila
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutejellybeen

We have done the same thing out of Montreal in more than one occasion.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #2273
cbtshewmake
Earning My Ears

September

Staying at POFQ in September and can't wait! Thanks for the thread and information.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #2274
RobertLC
Mouseketeer

Checked in to POFQ at 5:15am. Got a room on 3rd floor of building 7. Checked in at the temporary registration area. Lots of jackhammer noise and activity going on at the normal registration area that early in the morning. Now waiting at the Poly to have Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's.
2014 - WDW - May 27-June 1 - POR

Old 05-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #2275
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLC View Post
Checked in to POFQ at 5:15am. Got a room on 3rd floor of building 7.
Wow, as in you were able to get into your room at 5:15am? That's really good.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #2276
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLC View Post
Checked in to POFQ at 5:15am. Got a room on 3rd floor of building 7. Checked in at the temporary registration area. Lots of jackhammer noise and activity going on at the normal registration area that early in the morning. Now waiting at the Poly to have Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's.
wow...you really know how to maximize a vacation!! That is great that you got a room already!

Sorry to hear of all of the noise...we check in on June 16 and hope it isn't too noisy or disruptive.

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
Old 05-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #2277
cutejellybeen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Did you fly out of Montreal to Orlando? Just trying to figure out the logistics. Don't really want to have to pack a bottle in my checked luggage. Dad is particular to a specific kind of rum.

Once through security I can stop by duty free at Pearson (airport flying from) pick up bottle to add to carry-on and continue on to Orlando. Will I have any issues at Orlando. Has anyone done this?
We flew from NB to Montreal, went through customs/immigration, and then picked up the vodka on the other side. It was great as the prices were cheap - well much cheaper than in a NB liquor store, and it did not need to go in checked luggage, we just put it in my husbands carryon. We had no issues in orlando.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #2278
Ava83
Mouseketeer
I must have Diet Coke to function as a normal human.
I am Dumbo Gizzardsprinkles, That would be Mrs. Gizzardsprinkles to you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejuled View Post
My first post on the DIS boards! But I've been a lurker for about a year now. I just have to share in my excitement for booking our trip for this coming Dec 2-12 with a FD PIN at POFQ!! It's our sixth time as a family, but it will be my ninth trip. First time at this resort and our first time during the Christmas season so it will be extra special. I'm just so excited I can't stand it!!! I love learning about what I think is going to become one of our new favorite resorts!
We are going 12/4-12/12! We will see you there! Its our first time at this resort and in December.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #2279
pooch
I feel so special now!!

Garden View

Looking for suggestions for room requests. We are looking to be semi-close to main building & boat dock.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #2280
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
Looking for suggestions for room requests. We are looking to be semi-close to main building & boat dock.
Then I'd suggest simply asking for a room with close access for the main building and the boat dock. That gives them the maximium chance of meeting your request in any one of three or four buildings (5, 2, 3 or 4). What booking category have you paid for by the way, as that can make a difference to location? (e.g. Standard View won't be especially close to the boat dock)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 05-22-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: