Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #2251
4disneygenerations
Mouseketeer

We have stayed in bldgs 3, 5 & 6 and floors 1, 2 & 3. We love POFQ and will be there again this summer.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #2252
arubia
Earning My Ears

We are thinking of buying some groceries at the resort store. Can anyone tell me what's available in the store and the prices? For example, we are thinking a gallon of milk, loaf of bread, beer, wine, things like that.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #2253
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubia View Post
We are thinking of buying some groceries at the resort store. Can anyone tell me what's available in the store and the prices? For example, we are thinking a gallon of milk, loaf of bread, beer, wine, things like that.
There are photos of the stock on the food shelves at POFQ at http://www.portorleans.org/gallery-POFQ-Main.php which should give you a good idea of the sort of things you can pick up there.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #2254
arubia
Earning My Ears

Thank you very much Andre.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #2255
talmarsh
Earning My Ears

Yeah this is great thanks!
Are the prices reasonable as opposed to having groceries delivered?
Old 05-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #2256
MrsTeddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava83 View Post
Just booked our first stay at POFQ with FD pin for Dec 4-12. We have stayed at Pop 3 times so this is our first move up. We are excited.
We will be there December 4-11! We stayed at AoA last time!

me Sar; wife to Les; mommy to Logan (July/09) and Eliya (March/12)

3rd Birthday with a 3 month old! July 2012 PTR

Disney Trips:
March 2000 offiste~March 2010 offsite~July 2012 AoA cars~December 2013 POFQ~!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #2257
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmarsh View Post
Are the prices reasonable as opposed to having groceries delivered?
It's a hotel shop, what do you think? But for getting an odd few things it's not too bad, I just wouldn't want to do my weekly grocery shop there!

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #2258
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

I'm at POR right now, sipping coffee made in the room (not bad at all), and looking out the window at my Garden view room. It's very quiet which is perhaps our top priority in a room. We had a very, very good sleep last night.

We arrived 10:00 AM yesterday, we checked in very quickly as I had done on-line check in. It really does save time on arrival. Our room was Ready!! That also made for a nice day, as we were able to bring in our luggage (we drove), and have a nice lunch at the food court. We're in AB way at the back of the resort, but since we have a car, this is not a problem, and honestly, walking around the grounds here is part of the charm. We were able to come back to our room after a full day at DHS and get to sleep pretty quickly. We're headed to the Magic kingdom in just a few minutes.

Thanks to all my DisBoard friends for help in the planning and in sharing the anticipation.

- SkyWayGuy
Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #2259
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywayGuy View Post
I'm at POR right now, sipping coffee made in the room (not bad at all), and looking out the window at my Garden view room. It's very quiet which is perhaps our top priority in a room. We had a very, very good sleep last night.
Glad you're having a good time. This is the French Quarter thread by the way, did you mean to post in the Riverside one?

Andre

Old 05-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #2260
monorailmom
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping someone has stayed at POFQ recently and can answer my question! Are rollaway beds (cots) available? We were able to get one at Coronado Springs last fall ..we had to pay $15/nght for it...but was worth it so my kids didn't have to share a bed.

I called the resort directly, and of course, get a different answer for every CM that answers the phone!

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #2261
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Glad you're having a good time. This is the French Quarter thread by the way, did you mean to post in the Riverside one?

Andre
Sorry Andre. I did indeed intend this for the Riverside thread.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #2262
switch15foot
Mouseketeer

Wondering if any one can help ... looking to purchase a bottle of rum once arrived at MCO ideally as taking DME (no car). Flying in from Toronto. Any options? Can it be purchased at the airport (i.e. at duty free)? Is there a liquor store close by or accessible by talking disney transport and then walking a short distance?

Dec 2013 - TourGuide CH Shows Her Parents the Magic w Free Dinning
Dec 2010 - 1st Taste of Magic - All Star Movies w Free Dinning
Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #2263
bejuled
Earning My Ears

My first post on the DIS boards! But I've been a lurker for about a year now. I just have to share in my excitement for booking our trip for this coming Dec 2-12 with a FD PIN at POFQ!! It's our sixth time as a family, but it will be my ninth trip. First time at this resort and our first time during the Christmas season so it will be extra special. I'm just so excited I can't stand it!!! I love learning about what I think is going to become one of our new favorite resorts!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:22 AM   #2264
westgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejuled View Post
My first post on the DIS boards! But I've been a lurker for about a year now. I just have to share in my excitement for booking our trip for this coming Dec 2-12 with a FD PIN at POFQ!! It's our sixth time as a family, but it will be my ninth trip. First time at this resort and our first time during the Christmas season so it will be extra special. I'm just so excited I can't stand it!!! I love learning about what I think is going to become one of our new favorite resorts!
Welcome and we'll see you there .... We're there from 11/23/13 - 12/08/13.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #2265
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch15foot View Post
Wondering if any one can help ... looking to purchase a bottle of rum once arrived at MCO ideally as taking DME (no car). Flying in from Toronto. Any options? Can it be purchased at the airport (i.e. at duty free)? Is there a liquor store close by or accessible by talking disney transport and then walking a short distance?
Is there a specific reason you don't want to pick one up at the resort gift shop? It will be more $$ but you won't have to travel out to get it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: