Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #2236
Ava83
Mouseketeer
I must have Diet Coke to function as a normal human.
I am Dumbo Gizzardsprinkles, That would be Mrs. Gizzardsprinkles to you all

Just booked our first stay at POFQ with FD pin for Dec 4-12. We have stayed at Pop 3 times so this is our first move up. We are excited.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #2237
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmarsh View Post
I also have a reservation already made prior to receiving my pin. Is it alright if I ask why you had to change rooms?

Thanks.
No standard rooms for our dates for that PIN so upgraded to Garden View to get FD. Upgrade was around $80/week for each room.
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #2238
talmarsh
Earning My Ears

Oh.. I booked with a TA and already had the room before I got the pin. She said she'll try integrating FD. Hope it works I wouldn't want to lose the room, but I'll go for POR if it means FD!
Going 31/8-8/9 and the dates are set in stone (flights and school!)..
First time for me (100th for girlfriend) "insert-excited-smiley "
Old 05-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #2239
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmarsh View Post
Oh.. I booked with a TA and already had the room before I got the pin. She said she'll try integrating FD. Hope it works I wouldn't want to lose the room, but I'll go for POR if it means FD!
Going 31/8-8/9 and the dates are set in stone (flights and school!)..
First time for me (100th for girlfriend) "insert-excited-smiley "
Tell her she will need your pin but she can do it'!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 05-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #2240
TaurusNYY
1st timer, going back for more :D

I changed from POR to here and it worked out. We got a garden view room. I keep reading that the resort is so small, but I feel like I should at least try and make a suggestion for a location. Building 5 seems so far as a popular choice. Anyone here just leave their room to Mickey magic or should I give it my Disney try :D
Old 05-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #2241
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusNYY View Post
I changed from POR to here and it worked out. We got a garden view room. I keep reading that the resort is so small, but I feel like I should at least try and make a suggestion for a location. Building 5 seems so far as a popular choice. Anyone here just leave their room to Mickey magic or should I give it my Disney try :D
I have requested Bldg 4; don't want to be anywhere near the pools.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #2242
LisaRobinsonUK
Earning My Ears

We have just arrived, got a corner room in building 5, great location. Although we are right by where they show the movies so it is quite loud in our room. Once we have adjusted our clocks I'm sure it won't be a problem but right now we want to sleep!
So far have been very impressed :-)
Old 05-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #2243
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaRobinsonUK View Post
We have just arrived, got a corner room in building 5, great location. Although we are right by where they show the movies so it is quite loud in our room. Once we have adjusted our clocks I'm sure it won't be a problem but right now we want to sleep!
So far have been very impressed :-)
Hello neighbor! Corner room, bldg 6 on the River side. Checking out in the morning. Enjoy your stay.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:43 AM   #2244
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Someone up thread said that they got a gallon in with no problem.
Two gallons in fact:

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #2245
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
I'm just really curious on this one. You'd give up Free Dining to stay in POFQ instead of moving to POR? Can I ask why? Is there really that much of a difference? I just can't imagine giving up a savings like that!

We're booked for FD with a PIN at the end of August. Our first trip to POFQ. Always stay at a value, but once we upgraded all four of us to full Dining instead of QS, it was pretty close to the price of a moderate. Thus our stay at POFQ. But we were debating POR and just wondering what makes such a difference for you!

I just have zero desire to stay at POR. I don't really have a specific reason other than it doesn't appeal to me and I've booked POFQ 3 times in the past, then ended up with great room discount PINS and have upgraded to deluxe resorts. I'm drawn to the compactedness of POFQ and we visited there on our last trip and decided we wanted to give a stay there a try.

Also, when we planned this trip, I promised DH (who hates the go, go, go of Disney) we would NOT be tied to ADRs on a daily basis and we would have a more go with the flow vacation, so we had always planned to pay OOP for food anyway on this trip. We aren't huge eaters, we've BTDT with the dining plan (both regular and QS) and it's just too much food, so we'll share meals a lot of the time.

But, all that said, if a general code is released or I get another pin for FD or a room discount at POFQ, then great, it's a little bonus. But if not, oh well, won't ruin out trip.

I have a few ADRs planned out and ready to make, but that's it. It is what it is

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008

Last edited by bas71873; 05-18-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #2246
Groomer Gal
Mouseketeer

My family and I are heading back to POFQ this Decemeber! ( our first stay here was last Dec)
I'm really hoping that if FD is released to the GP we can still stay here. We just love love love it here! We would hate to change resorts...but maybe POR wouldn't be that bad.

I know the FQ due to its size doesn't get as many discounted rooms as other resorts.

It's just such a sweet, quiet, relaxing resort.

We stayed in building 1. Our room was 1136. It was so peaceful there. We are going to try and request the same building.

When we left the resort and went to the parks....my DH and I were like..."Where did all these people come from."
It was just so quiet and tranquil at POFQ we forgot how many people actually are at Disney World!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #2247
amytech
Mouseketeer

Loved pofq!

My dh and I just got back from POFQ this week and absolutely loved it!

We were there celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary and visiting our son who is in the college program currently. We have been to Disney World many times, usually once a year and often stay off-site with our large family. Staying at FQ this time was simply magical! We HAVE stayed on-site before at All-Star Music and Caribbean Beach but this resort was by far the best!

We had requested a quiet location on our reservation, knowing that we already had a corner room since we had booked a King. We ended up with the perfect room! We were in building 6, overlooking the river from one window and the gardens from the other. Top floor which is what we wanted. We were the only ones in our section on our floor and it was very quiet. Loved that everything is close to the food court and shop. The boat to DD was wonderful! We rented a surrey bike at PO which was fun too.
The hardest part was coming home! If I didn't have 3 children at home I was looking forward to seeing, I would have really had a hard time leaving!

And no worries about going to Disney without 3 of my children-they had just gone in March with the whole family

I can't say enough about this wonderful resort-I would stay again in a heartbeat. I fact I am already planning our next Disney trip to pick up ds from the college program in August. Taking the other 3 kids and making it a road trip! We just can't get enough Disney

Our current dilemma is where to stay with 5 of us, 3 being adult sized young men. Not sure that Murphy bed at PO will fit any of us... First world problems...
'05 All Star Music,
'07-'12 offsite trips,
May '13-POFQ, Aug. '13 BC
May '14- BC
Old 05-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #2248
cajunbaby1
DIS Veteran

Originally planned to go 10/2-10/10; then the free dining opened up and I moved back just a week and was able to get the free dining plan 9/25-10/3 AND I saved about $80.00 on top of that . It never hurts to call and ask Disney.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #2249
rccllap
Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?

We're hoping to be there in a little under four weeks. It will be a very last minute reservation, but I'm so excited to see PO-FQ with just my bf.

Sounds like there are king bed rooms on other floors besides the ground floor. I guess we'll have to talk about if we want to deal with stairs or not.

Whoohooooo
Old 05-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #2250
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccllap
We're hoping to be there in a little under four weeks. It will be a very last minute reservation, but I'm so excited to see PO-FQ with just my bf.

Sounds like there are king bed rooms on other floors besides the ground floor. I guess we'll have to talk about if we want to deal with stairs or not.
There are elevators in each building so you won't have to deal with stairs at all, unless you choose to do so.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: