Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #586
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
happy JJ enjoyed himself last night~
bummer about the scheduling issues with SWW and his practices!

love all the 4th photos! JJ looks like he had a blast!
I'm glad he did too. I was expecting the reading to be a bit boring, but these kids owned their characters, complete with accents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What great pictures! It sure looks like a lot of fun. And fireworks? At DHS that are not fantasmic? That is awesome!!!
Yes!! Fireworks at DHS that weren't Fantasmic. They closed down a big section of the studios for safety reasons. TSM was one of the things they had to close. So was the Great Movie Ride. The fireworks were awesome. The crowds, not so much. It felt like New Year's Eve there.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #587
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Love all the pictures from May 4th!!! I really loved all the character pictures you got! I really need to get Jeremy to DHS for SWW!!! He'd love to do all that. I'm really going to push DH for that trip next year for Jeremy and I!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #588
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

What a lot of fun!! I think it's great that the characters were out there dancing. What fan wouldn't enjoy that? Especially a super fan like JJ!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #589
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Praying for your friend and her son's miracle! Praying for JJ's theater schedule with SWW! Praying for YOU!!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #590
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Love all the pictures from May 4th!!! I really loved all the character pictures you got! I really need to get Jeremy to DHS for SWW!!! He'd love to do all that. I'm really going to push DH for that trip next year for Jeremy and I!
Thanks. I hope you and Jeremy get a chance to go. I know he'd love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
What a lot of fun!! I think it's great that the characters were out there dancing. What fan wouldn't enjoy that? Especially a super fan like JJ!!
He thought it was great for a few minutes, then too crowded and too hot. The spot we found away from people but where the characters passed through was perfect for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Praying for your friend and her son's miracle! Praying for JJ's theater schedule with SWW! Praying for YOU!!!
Appreciate the prayer. They are in a really rough spot right now. JJ will be able to be there the day Trevor is! That day is not mandatory.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #591
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Today was hot, hot, hot in central FL and humid. Even in the car it was hot. JJ really minded it. He said it was even sweaty in the house.

We are checked in, ate lunch at Wendy's, stopped by DHS, went swimming, grocery shopping at Publix and getting ready to eat supper. (Just a turkey sandwich from Publix in the room.)

Dh plans to be at DHS by 5am tomorrow. Though I read on the SWW thread that people were in line already at 4pm today for autographs tomorrow.

Looks like it's going to continue to be hot through the weekend. We won't be staying at DHS long tomorrow, we have to head home for play practice. We haven't decided if we are staying home to sleep or coming back to the room for the night. His practice lasts til 8:30pm. We will miss the first Hyperspace Hoopla of the season. However, if practice is as fun as yesterday's he won't miss it. He loved practice yesterday. He said it was the best practice ever.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #592
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Thanks. I hope you and Jeremy get a chance to go. I know he'd love it.

He thought it was great for a few minutes, then too crowded and too hot. The spot we found away from people but where the characters passed through was perfect for him!

Appreciate the prayer. They are in a really rough spot right now. JJ will be able to be there the day Trevor is! That day is not mandatory.

I don't like the crowds and the heat either. That sounds good to me.

Quote:
Today was hot, hot, hot in central FL and humid. Even in the car it was hot. JJ really minded it. He said it was even sweaty in the house.

We are checked in, ate lunch at Wendy's, stopped by DHS, went swimming, grocery shopping at Publix and getting ready to eat supper. (Just a turkey sandwich from Publix in the room.)

Dh plans to be at DHS by 5am tomorrow. Though I read on the SWW thread that people were in line already at 4pm today for autographs tomorrow.

Looks like it's going to continue to be hot through the weekend. We won't be staying at DHS long tomorrow, we have to head home for play practice. We haven't decided if we are staying home to sleep or coming back to the room for the night. His practice lasts til 8:30pm. We will miss the first Hyperspace Hoopla of the season. However, if practice is as fun as yesterday's he won't miss it. He loved practice yesterday. He said it was the best practice ever.

Wow!! That is a long time to wait in line. I understand the 5am but 4pm wowzer!!

I hope that the weather cools for you. Heat like that sucks the fun out for you.

I hope that practice continues to be the best practice ever.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #593
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Praying you are having fun. I am so happy you can work out the schedule for JJ to do everything he loves!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #594
ladylyons

While I do love the heat, I to agree that it takes a lot out of a person. Glad JJ is able to enjoy both things he seems to love..... SWW and Theater.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 AM   #595
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Yay that we get to see you guys on Trevs Star Wars Day!!! Maybe it will cool down a bit by then I was looking at the extended forecast and it was saying mid 90's for when we are there! Yikes! Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #596
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Dh is on his way to DHS. JJ is just too tired, and we know we can't push him. According to the SWW thread, the queue for Ray Park and the merchandise line are all the way to the boat dock. They start just outside dhs's gate on the right hand side. So Ray Park's autograph is out of the question.

When we checked into the resort, not everything was in working order. The tv remote didn't have a battery, so obviously didn't work. The freezer door was left open and there was a huge build up of ice. The refrigerator didn't work.

As I was heading to the front desk, I passed by a maintenance man named Ross, and he hooked us up with a battery for the remote. He was upset about the freezer. Said it's unacceptable and he was reporting housekeeping. We turned the refrig off and stood there with a blow drying to defrost it. He offered to go get a big fan to dry it out.

We turned down the big fan. The blow dryer worked fine. Thankfully the refrigerator is now working fine too!

We ate lunch at Wendy's before dh had to head to work. Parted ways and we headed to dhs to get JJ's GAC. His was expired and we knew today would be busy at guest relations. It took a long time to get the GAC. The whole time he used that handheld airconditioner that Judy had told us about and we bought. It works great if you just want to cool and inch or two of your body, lol. It was too hot to stay so we headed back to the resort to swim, but stopped at Publix first to get food for supper. Put that in the nice cold refrig and went swimming.

JJ met two friends while swimming. I through pool rings and they retrieved them. They got along great. The first friend he met was Leonardo who was 6. English was his 2nd language but they communicated pretty well. Leonardo wasn't a strong swimmer and his parents never touched foot to the water. JJ learned quickly not to get too close to the boy. His arms and feet went everywhere. I taught him how to use his arms to bring his body down to the ring. His parents clapped when he did it right.

DH just texted. No chance to get Ray Park or Jeremy Bulloch's autograph. The queues are way too long. He is in line for Dee Bradley Baker.

The 2nd boy, we never got his name, but he was a good, strong swimmer.

This time, a call from dh, he thinks he'll get the morning session of Dee Bradley Baker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I don't like the crowds and the heat either. That sounds good to me.

Wow!! That is a long time to wait in line. I understand the 5am but 4pm wowzer!!

I hope that the weather cools for you. Heat like that sucks the fun out for you.

I hope that practice continues to be the best practice ever.
Today is suppose to be 88 degrees. It's 67 right now with humidity 84%. Sunday looks thunderstomish.

I hope he continues to enjoy practice too. Temperature wise, it's perfect. They keep the theater freezing cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Praying you are having fun. I am so happy you can work out the schedule for JJ to do everything he loves!
Appreciate the prayer. Yesterday was a much better day. My friend's son is in the hospital. Yesterday they allowed her to see him. She will find out today at 11 if he can be discharged. If so, he will go straight to special Olympics at Disney to compete. If not, he will have to stay in the hospital til Monday they said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
While I do love the heat, I to agree that it takes a lot out of a person. Glad JJ is able to enjoy both things he seems to love..... SWW and Theater.
He is very passionate about both. His director for the special needs theater and his stage manager from there are the same for Aristocats. They expect more out of him now, because he exceeded their expectations for RaFUNzel. He hit every queue, mark, expression, etc. His bar has been upped. They don't focus on what he can't do, they focus on what he can do and use those strengths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93 View Post
Yay that we get to see you guys on Trevs Star Wars Day!!! Maybe it will cool down a bit by then I was looking at the extended forecast and it was saying mid 90's for when we are there! Yikes! Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Jackie
I hope it's not mid 90's, that would be miserable. It has been fairly cool up til now. There's been a few stinking hot days, but most of the days have had low humidity so it wasn't bad. Last night I did get chilled getting out of the pool.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #597
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

I'm playing catchup yet again. Oh, I was so upset when I heard about the May the 4th events. Why couldn't they do this when we lived in FL? Looks like you all had a great time.

One of my DH's friends was complaining about the crowds yesterday on FB. Hope you all have a great time!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #598
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

bummer about the hotel issues, happy Ross was able to help you out so quickly!
hope Goofy got the passs for Dee Bradley Baker!

great JJ had a fun time in the pool and made some new friends, but then when doesn't he make new friends, he's so sweet!

hope you have a fun day today and its not too hot for JJ to handle!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #599
ladylyons

Quote:
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="3"]
He is very passionate about both. His director for the special needs theater and his stage manager from there are the same for Aristocats. They expect more out of him now, because he exceeded their expectations for RaFUNzel. He hit every queue, mark, expression, etc. His bar has been upped. They don't focus on what he can't do, they focus on what he can do and use those strengths.
Glad you were able to get the room issues figured out!! That would be hard to go without a fridge while dealing with the heat.

That's awesome that they focus on what he can do and not on what he can't do!!!

Can't wait to hear more of what you're able to do during SWW!! Makes me think of ways to save money for that trip next year.

Wanted share our adventure today:

They say bad things come in 3's so I'm really hoping we are done for a very long time!!! First my DH sliced open his hand last week at work (no stitches were need thank goodness!!), then the accident on Thursday and now today Jeremy thought it would be a good idea to mess around on his bed (him and Sarah are in bunk beds and he's the top bunk) and he fell!!!!! He split his ear open!!! With everything going on and with us leaving on Monday for our cruise I really didn't need the 3 hour Emergency Room visit!!!! He is ok thank goodness!! He ended up with 8 stitches. I couldn't believe how brave he was. When the Dr was stitching him up he never moved but my poor baby did cry. Which I told him was perfectly fine because I probably would be crying too (and I almost did!!!) I had to stay strong for him during the procedure but later after all 3 were in bed I had a good cry. I really needed it. Here's how his ear looked after his stitches. (Before was just really, really bad. You could see the cartilage coming through.)

This one was taken while we were waiting for the Dr to come stitch him up. He wanted one with me. Jeff was at home with James and Sarah.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #600
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
bummer about the hotel issues, happy Ross was able to help you out so quickly!
hope Goofy got the passs for Dee Bradley Baker!

great JJ had a fun time in the pool and made some new friends, but then when doesn't he make new friends, he's so sweet!

hope you have a fun day today and its not too hot for JJ to handle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I'm playing catchup yet again. Oh, I was so upset when I heard about the May the 4th events. Why couldn't they do this when we lived in FL? Looks like you all had a great time.

One of my DH's friends was complaining about the crowds yesterday on FB. Hope you all have a great time!
Yes, he got the pass and yesterday he got one for Ashley Eckstein. Today we all went early and got a FP for James Arnold Taylor.

He never meets a stranger.

Yesterday was too hot to handle. One Man's Dream is the perfect place to cool down as is Darth's Mall.

We left the park when it started raining today. But before we left, we covered a lot of ground. We got the celeb FP, saw the rope drop show, signed up for JTA got the 9:20 slot, met a DISer at JTA, saw JAT, saw the roaming clones, ate at 50's PTC, saw the jawas, went to Darth Mall and saw Princess Leia and the Rancor, got green name tags. Whew, that was a lot of ground covered.

Sandra,

Poor Jeremy. That must have been so hard to stomach (the pictures alone make me queasy) and I would have cried too. I thought you were on your cruise this week. Guess I got mixed up. I hope he heals quickly. When does he get the stitches out.

I hope you and he can work it out to come to SWW next year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: