Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #526
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Oh! I have a new name!

Hubby and I have used Opentable for years. We had enough reward points for $400 when he left CA! We used to dine at the 1000pt restaurants quite often.

No entertainment during the day. Not sure what time it starts.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #527
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Ooops!!! Sorry about that Paula! I'm a goof! Say hi to your hubby Hank for me!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #528
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I don't think I'll get to finish up day 4 before I have to leave tomorrow. I'm going to be in Nebraska to see some family and tour old farms and then the next morning that I return I have a business trip to Reno.

I will be back and updating soon!!

Take care!
Have a safe and wonderful trip... both of them.

Oh yeah, and I snooped on your Mother's Day D-Land pics...
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #529
BellaBaby
DIS Veteran

Just have to add to the that relevant KC story...

We were in KC over spring break visiting the Great Wolf Lodge (indoor water park geared towards kids) and close by is another location for TRex Cafe! I think it is only at DTD and in KC! I found that odd as well, but maybe the same company owns Raglan and TRex?

Of course it was on the disboards where some KC residents pointed it out to me when I asked what else there was to do in the area for kids.

Have a great trip!!

Upcoming: 5/28-6/4 HOJO'S KIDS SUITE DISNEYLAND!
With Kids:
4/03 ASMO and Caribbean Beach Resort
4/05 HOJO's DL
4/07 Nick Hotel and WH
4-5/09 Nick Hotel and WH
6/10 WH
5-6/11 HOJO'S DL
6/12 Split stay: WH/AKV/Poly
5/29-6/12/13 WH 2 WEEKS!!

Before kids:
1986 WDW
1992 DL
BellaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #530
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I had no idea that there was a TREX in KC! This news prompted me to do some research. Landry's INC (based in Houston) owns TREX, Rainforest Cafe, and Yak and Yeti. They also own a bunch of other non-Disney restaurants including McCormick and Schmick's but no Raglan Road. It looks like Raglan Road is owned by an Irish company.

Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #531
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #532
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
This made my night

The bread pudding looks fabulous. I am impressed you make pavlova. I usually stick to boxed cake mix when it comes to making desserts.
Let's try this again!!

Hi Ashley! Sorry about that... I had gone back to correct my mistake and saw that I double posted so I edited it and erased my correction! Anyway.... I was going to say that there's nothing like a good spice cake mix from a box with cream cheese frosting from a tub!!!

I hope you had a great first Mother's Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Have a great time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Have a safe trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Have a great trip Brenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Safe travels, my friend.
Thanks Dave, Kelli, Linda and Kathy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Oh! I have a new name!

Hubby and I have used Opentable for years. We had enough reward points for $400 when he left CA! We used to dine at the 1000pt restaurants quite often.

No entertainment during the day. Not sure what time it starts.
Paula, so sorry...

I had to read up on Open Table but it sounds like a great concept. You are very resourceful!

Thanks for answering that question about the entertainment at RR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Have a safe and wonderful trip... both of them.

Oh yeah, and I snooped on your Mother's Day D-Land pics...
Thanks Rob! Snoop away... that's why they are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBaby View Post
Just have to add to the that relevant KC story...

We were in KC over spring break visiting the Great Wolf Lodge (indoor water park geared towards kids) and close by is another location for TRex Cafe! I think it is only at DTD and in KC! I found that odd as well, but maybe the same company owns Raglan and TRex?

Of course it was on the disboards where some KC residents pointed it out to me when I asked what else there was to do in the area for kids.

Have a great trip!!
Hi there!! I've see the Great Wolf Lodge on Undercover boss!

It's good to know that some of our favorites at WDW can be found outside the Disney bubble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
I had no idea that there was a TREX in KC! This news prompted me to do some research. Landry's INC (based in Houston) owns TREX, Rainforest Cafe, and Yak and Yeti. They also own a bunch of other non-Disney restaurants including McCormick and Schmick's but no Raglan Road. It looks like Raglan Road is owned by an Irish company.
I thought I would be miss smarty pants and I looked up the Landry's restaurants when I read BellaBaby's post but you beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
Have a great trip!
Thanks Denise!!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #533
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Have a safe and fun trip!

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-Pop Century, 4/12 -Pop Century, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 ASM

TR IN Progress-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: Updated 4/7 Dinner at Via Napoli!
livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #534
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Interesting Raglan Road update! I'm glad the reservation incident didn't prevent you from trying it, simply so you could enjoy the bread pudding. Raglan is one of my mom's favorites, but I don't love it (aside from the bread pudding), so we haven't been back for a while.

I find it odd that Raglan is available on both Disney's reservation system and OpenTable's. Like Paula, we use OpenTable to accumulate the rewards points, but I would expect Disney's reservation system to be secure and reliable as well. Interestingly, Paradiso 37 is also available for reservations on both Disney's site and OpenTable.

I hope both of your trips go well!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #535
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I'm all caught up now and hope you are having a great time in Nebraska! Have a safe trip home!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #536
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Haha being a recipe tester might get me in trouble!! I did make the 'Ohana bread pudding once and the caramel sauce was amazing! I am having a BBQ in 2 weeks... Plenty of people to eat it up for me... Hmmmm :thinking:
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #537
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I'm a little late, but have a great trip!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #538
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Nice stash of shampoo and such they gave you.
That does seem odd they give a number but cannot use it. That is one loud restaurant.
Hmm, we didn’t really care for the place a few years ago but we were going to try it in December but now I am re-thinking that.
Hey I caught up again. LOL. Have a safe trip. I leave Sunday for Aruba so I will catch up after the 1st.
scottny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #539
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
Have a safe and fun trip!
Hi there and thanks! We came home safe and there was some fun so that worked out well!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Interesting Raglan Road update! I'm glad the reservation incident didn't prevent you from trying it, simply so you could enjoy the bread pudding. Raglan is one of my mom's favorites, but I don't love it (aside from the bread pudding), so we haven't been back for a while.

I find it odd that Raglan is available on both Disney's reservation system and OpenTable's. Like Paula, we use OpenTable to accumulate the rewards points, but I would expect Disney's reservation system to be secure and reliable as well. Interestingly, Paradiso 37 is also available for reservations on both Disney's site and OpenTable.

I hope both of your trips go well!
Hi Mr. DDW! I would definitely return to RR for the bread pudding alone! I'm sure it was a random glitch that prevented them from seeing our reservation. But I'll need to keep Open Table in mind and try that out sometime.

Thanks for the well wishes... I'm glad to be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Hi there! I'm all caught up now and hope you are having a great time in Nebraska! Have a safe trip home!
Hi Kristen! Thanks! We had a good time with family & friends in Nebraska.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Haha being a recipe tester might get me in trouble!! I did make the 'Ohana bread pudding once and the caramel sauce was amazing! I am having a BBQ in 2 weeks... Plenty of people to eat it up for me... Hmmmm :thinking:
Hi Sarah! You ROCK with your re-creation recipes. 'Ohana's bread pudding is awesome so I can only imagine if I had that kind of power to re-create it at home....

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I'm a little late, but have a great trip!
Hi Wendy! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Nice stash of shampoo and such they gave you.
That does seem odd they give a number but cannot use it. That is one loud restaurant.
Hmm, we didn’t really care for the place a few years ago but we were going to try it in December but now I am re-thinking that.
Hey I caught up again. LOL. Have a safe trip. I leave Sunday for Aruba so I will catch up after the 1st.
Hi there Scott! I need to go back to WDW since my extra shampoos and soaps that I took home with me are now gone. I no longer smell like grapefruit!

Oh my gosh Aruba? Seriously I want your life - well except for the part where people would call me Scott. That may seem odd. I wish you a wonderful trip!!! Enjoy a few cocktails or two.

Folks I hope to update tomorrow...
Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #540
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Tuesday February 26, 2013: Day 4, Part 7

Tomorrow we were changing resorts to go to BLT for the last 5 nights of our trip so we had to pack up our belongings and get ready for that move. Oh, and we may have also made another stop at the CL lounge to grab a drink and snack.

YC Club Level Lounge:

I did a marathon photo tour of the room. Every little detail I wanted to capture in order to remember the amazingness of it all. Such extravagances that we didn’t deserve or pay for but appreciated nonetheless. We knew that within 24 hours there would likely be another couple, family, or group of people that would find themselves unexpectedly blessed with this room.

We never used the 2nd bedroom since Em either slept with me in the King bed, or this last night, she slept in the sunroom since she wanted to awake to the sun streaming in through the port holes.

And finally, a great way to end a day at WDW – King of Queens on TV before retiring for the night at 12:30am.

A peek outside at the Boardwalk before calling it a night

Continued next post

Last edited by emmysmommy; 05-26-2013 at 02:55 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: