Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #16
Swimnoid
DIS Veteran

I've always had good luck with amazon. I've shopped there for years and it is usually the first place I look for ANYTHING! They replaced my DH's kindle fire practically overnight when it stopped charging.

This week though I ordered an email gift card for my DD's birthday. They were supposed to deliver it to her on her birthday which was 2 days after I ordered it. They didnt and when I looked at my account at 11:30 pm it said "Not yet sent". When I looked the next morning the order had simply disappeared...no trace of the order, she never received it. I wasnt charged either but it was just odd, especially for amazon.
Swimnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #17
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki02 View Post
slipping. Is it just me ? customer service pretty nasty.

Not an individual seller but actual AMAZON. Shopping on line not fun anymore.
So I am kinda with you... 3 bad items in a minth The 1 st 2 I threw out, no call, cheap loysy items move on who cares...the 3rd was a 17$ can of formula. Here is the problem, the box wasn't damaged there was no shaking or other hard items in it in fact 3 other cans of formula holding it in place.... Meaning that sob went in the box dented!!!! Then, After sending me a dented can?????!!They wanted me to ship the dented can back. I get it I might be some punk just calling and trying to get a free can????? I guess but with 5 yrs hundreds a month and no returns ever why make me ship it back? I went from prolly 800/1200$ a month to only prolly 100$ over night. (Only when I need 2 day prime.) Back to Walmart for my foo, formula and diapers.
Walmart's.. (They shipped me finger paints 1 damaged ... Yes it is as funny as you think it might be!!!! Lol). I called no hey ship the broken finger paint back... Instead. Ohh wow so sorry we will send about her one out. ( and that one the box was beat up and evidently broken during shipping, as the stock guy did not load the paint in as damaged.)

I'm not the customer to cry, or whine or yell..., but I am the 1 that will take my $$$$ elsewhere.

Guarantee they ship that can again...

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #18
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdana View Post
So I am kinda with you... 3 bad items in a minth The 1 st 2 I threw out, no call, cheap loysy items move on who cares...the 3rd was a 17$ can of formula. Here is the problem, the box wasn't damaged there was no shaking or other hard items in it in fact 3 other cans of formula holding it in place.... Meaning that sob went in the box dented!!!! Then, After sending me a dented can?????!!They wanted me to ship the dented can back. I get it I might be some punk just calling and trying to get a free can????? I guess but with 5 yrs hundreds a month and no returns ever why make me ship it back? I went from prolly 800/1200$ a month to only prolly 100$ over night. (Only when I need 2 day prime.) Back to Walmart for my foo, formula and diapers.
Walmart's.. (They shipped me finger paints 1 damaged ... Yes it is as funny as you think it might be!!!! Lol). I called no hey ship the broken finger paint back... Instead. Ohh wow so sorry we will send about her one out. ( and that one the box was beat up and evidently broken during shipping, as the stock guy did not load the paint in as damaged.)

I'm not the customer to cry, or whine or yell..., but I am the 1 that will take my $$$$ elsewhere.

Well, were they going to pay for the shipping to send it back? If they were, then what's the problem with sending it back? That's the risk that you take for the convenience of shopping online, sometimes stuff needs to be sent back.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #19
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I'm not a Prime Member, never have been, and I have never had an issue with Amazon Customer Service.

The very few and very far between times I've contacted them I have been 100% happy with the resolution. Like a PP, one of the times was my mistake and they were still really helpful.

Amazon is the first place I look when I'm shopping online for something.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #20
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

We're Prime members too and I actually placed almost 300 orders in the last 12 months and my DH has placed even more than I have. I have never had any issues with Amazon customer service. I do think Prime members are happier customers because we get 2 day and overnight shipping. That makes me happy that I can get on my computer and order something (before 5 pm) and pay $3.99 for overnight shipping and it will be at my door by 6 pm the next day. Amazing to me!

I have had plenty of returns and they are always handled professionally.

Now I do know you get better return service if it is an item sold by Amazon and not an individual retailer. Usually it is a little more involved returning an item to them. Having to request the return and wait for a RA and address to send it back to. Then you have to pay for shipping. At least with a direct Amazon return you can print a label to ship it back.

I think without some specific instances of problems that would make us believe that Amazon is slipping it is really hard to take a complaint like that seriously.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:28 AM   #21
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had something of a hard time following that.

You got two "bad" items, but didn't call them? Why? You would rather just throw money away?

A can of powder was dented, and this was a problem for you? A can of liquid I can see, but powder?

And you think they would re-send something you described as being, I assume, damaged? I never worked in the fulfillment center, but I believe that the Returns people are entirely different than the other FC people, and they aren't just going to send it right back out.

And as the previous poster said, what was the problem? They would have paid for return shipping AND sent you another can.

Over the years they have developed a system for what needs to be sent back and what doesn't; obviously your previous problems (if you say you never had to return anything, that indicates that you had problems with orders that you DID report) didn't meet the requirements for being sent back, but this did. I would bet they needed to send the can back to the manufacturer and that's why they needed it.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #22
MomToOne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
A can of powder was dented, and this was a problem for you? A can of liquid I can see, but powder?
You should never use a dented can of baby formula, powder or liquid. The dent causes the tin lining to break, exposing the formula to the steel in the can. Also, minute holes can occur, which allow bacteria to enter.
MomToOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #23
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

Do wish OP had given more info.

I've had no problems, and this week we've had 4 separate orders delivered.

The one "issue" we had was a DVD that DH had ordered for me over Christmas. It was before we were prime members, so it was one of those where UPS takes it so far, then USPS delivers the rest of the way. We were out of town that weekend, and when DH checked the following Tuesday, it said that the previous Friday it had arrived at our local post office, and was scheduled for delivery. But we had no box on our front door. DH called the post office, they spoke to the postal worker, and he specifically remembered dropping it at our door (small town ). And yet (not that this is surprising for the supposed "tracking" system for USPS), the system never showed a completed delivery.

We contacted Amazon, and they researched the situation. Despite USPS still swearing it was delivered, and that it must have been stolen from our door, Amazon sent us a new DVD for free.
branv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #24
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Amazon has always paid for anything that we needed to return. I don't see the big deal with sending the can back.

The two other items not being "good" might be on the manufacturer. I don't see that as being an Amazon issue either.

I don't see any reason to not continue to love Amazon!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #25
Disneefun
DIS Veteran

I can't complain about Amazon. Everything has always been handled. I even got a free TV from them. I ordered it and b/c I'm Prime I had a guaranteed delivery date. Well, the date came and went and I waited a couple of extra days before I called. Finally I called and said, "The TV was supposed to be here 2 days ago and it's not here. UPS shows it as having never left the pickup point. What do I do?"

Well, they sent me another TV overnight, no charge. Then 4 days later the original TV showed up. I called and said, "I need to get this one returned, how do I go about that," and they told me to keep it.

I figure they'd already billed UPS for the loss and returning it would have caused more trouble than it was worth. So I got a free TV.
Disneefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #26
Judyat
Mouseketeer

We order a lot from amazon and we're prime members. Have to say any problems we have had have been few and when dealing with customer service they have always been handled professionally.
Judyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #27
Lisaren
Mouseketeer

Absolutely love Amazon's customer service. I have had to return a kindle (because I stepped on it and broke it - it was within the warranty and they covered my mistake) and a kindle fire that stopped charging (because my daughter messed up the charging port - again her fault but in warranty and they covered it). I understand they want to keep you with the device so you will keep purchasing content, but still - I was impressed. I also had a kindle fire stolen and customer service was exemplary in putting the serial number in the system so whoever stole it could not register the device and sent me an email to let me know if I found the device, I could get it registered to my account. I am not a prime member, so I do not think that has any affect on customer service.
Lisaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #28
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
Well, were they going to pay for the shipping to send it back? If they were, then what's the problem with sending it back? That's the risk that you take for the convenience of shopping online, sometimes stuff needs to be sent back.
The problem was 100% it was either damaged at the warehouse, and put in a box, or returned from someone else and repackaged.. Since the outside box was fine, they knew the can was dented when it went in. In my book this is not okay. Maybe you are fine with this type of behavior from a company.. but I am not. If damaged on delivery .. okay. if sending me damaged goods.. not okay..

Old 05-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #29
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I had something of a hard time following that.

You got two "bad" items, but didn't call them? Why? You would rather just throw money away?

And you think they would re-send something you described as being, I assume, damaged? I never worked in the fulfillment center, but I believe that the Returns people are entirely different than the other FC people, and they aren't just going to send it right back out.

And as the previous poster said, what was the problem? They would have paid for return shipping AND sent you another can.

Over the years they have developed a system for what needs to be sent back and what doesn't; obviously your previous problems (if you say you never had to return anything, that indicates that you had problems with orders that you DID report) didn't meet the requirements for being sent back, but this did. I would bet they needed to send the can back to the manufacturer and that's why they needed it.
I am not good with sending things back. I don't love throwing money away, but yes, that is exactly what I did. Not everyone is a returner, I have kept many items due to hating returning things.. .. The 1st 2 in a short period of time I did not call, both were very cheap items, and neither a need. .. However the time they shipped me a can they knew was dented (since the outside box was n perfect condition) it made me angry... end of story. I am not the call and complainer... I am the walk away from your business type of person.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #30
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am not good with sending things back. I don't love throwing money away, but yes, that is exactly what I did. Not everyone is a returner, I have kept many items due to hating returning things.. .. The 1st 2 in a short period of time I did not call, both were very cheap items, and neither a need. .. However the time they shipped me a can they knew was dented (since the outside box was n perfect condition) it made me angry... end of story. I am not the call and complainer... I am the walk away from your business type of person.
But you are an online complainer,

I don't believe you have any right to complain if you don't give a business a chance to make things right. It is entirely possible the packer simply didn't notice the can was dented.
lost*in*cyberspace is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: