Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #196
Cjvandever
Earning My Ears

Please add Gixxer343 to the bad seller list. He advertised a pin as new in original, unopened packaging. When I got the pin, it was a scrapper pin on one of those fake Disney backer card in a resealable plastic bag, like the DSF bags. He refuses to refund.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #197
mjaner
Earning My Ears

Disney Pins $1.15 + Up

I am new to this and just booked the first trip to WDW for my kids and am looking at getting pins for them to trade. I saw a Facebook Page entitled "Disney Pins $1.15 + Up" and am wondering if anyone knows if these are authentic or scrappers. I would also appreciate any advice on how to get a good starter set of traders going for my kids.

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #198
CarolinaGirlTiss
Mouseketeer

Mjaner, I have bought from the Facebook page and they are awesome! ! I haven't bought the lots because I was looking for specific pins. I love that page.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #199
plutoislove
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaner
I am new to this and just booked the first trip to WDW for my kids and am looking at getting pins for them to trade. I saw a Facebook Page entitled "Disney Pins $1.15 + Up" and am wondering if anyone knows if these are authentic or scrappers. I would also appreciate any advice on how to get a good starter set of traders going for my kids.

Thanks!
My advice would be to make sure you set a decent budget in order to get legit pins! If you are looking for a good amount to start with, there are some great sellers out there that are willing to work with you.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #200
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Wow-what a great thread! We are total newbs and I am looking to buy some pins. I'm so glad I came across this list bc some of the red sellers were on my ebay watch list! Glad I did more research bf I bought! Thanks so much!!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #201
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Anyone know anything about eBay seller algebraic_brain? 176pos reviews but not on your list for better or worse! .??
Old 05-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #202
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

x

Last edited by SupernaturalMommy; 12-04-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:51 AM   #203
orplem
Earning My Ears

Seller mubunny - on the green list

mubunny should absolutely stay green.

1. Received purchases exactly as described; 2. received purchases within the allotted time (standard shipping 5-7 days); 3. I checked each pin off of at least 3 different websites and none have signs of being scrappers; and 4. mubunny applied discount to shipping multiple purchases (I know that's standard practice but some crappy sellers haven't done that).

Overall, a successful experience. The pins are lovely and I know my DS10 and DD4 will love them.... and I can feel confident that they are trading legit pins.

Now on to buying from bizzybee1!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #204
aliscrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by orplem View Post
mubunny should absolutely stay green.

1. Received purchases exactly as described; 2. received purchases within the allotted time (standard shipping 5-7 days); 3. I checked each pin off of at least 3 different websites and none have signs of being scrappers; and 4. mubunny applied discount to shipping multiple purchases (I know that's standard practice but some crappy sellers haven't done that).

Overall, a successful experience. The pins are lovely and I know my DS10 and DD4 will love them.... and I can feel confident that they are trading legit pins.

Now on to buying from bizzybee1!

Are you living in the UK?? As I notice that mubunny is American and wondered if you got charged customs and the royal mail admin fee of £18?? Thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #205
Lesley84
Earning My Ears

A++++ Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupernaturalMommy View Post
Please begin posting here and I will update it with each new addition to the thread.
Please add arraps to the green seller list!

I bought a lot of 25. Only 4 were scrappers. I contacted them and they told me to send them back and get new ones or a refund. I had already mixed the good pins in with the ones to take to Disney to trade. So they asked me to remind them on my next purchase and they would take care of it for me. They asked for a list and how I knew they were fakes. and I sent him the webpages I used verify and sent him a list of the ones that were not real!!! Very eager to make the situation right!!!

June 1990: off resort
June 1996: off resort
June 2010: off resort
October 2013: All Star Movies
February 2015: Undecided

Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #206
orplem
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post

Are you living in the UK?? As I notice that mubunny is American and wondered if you got charged customs and the royal mail admin fee of £18?? Thanks
Nope, I'm in the States... Pennsylvania to be exact.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #207
orplem
Earning My Ears

seller: bizzybee1

bizzybee1 is FANTASTIC. I would absolutely buy from her again and again. Fantastic pins in original packaging -- I also purchased two lanyard pouches -- all in mint condition/new packaging!

I even made special requests (I just purchased a lot of 25) and she gave me exactly what my DS10 and DD4 would love.

Quick service, quick mailing and was exactly as I ordered.

100% Satisfied
Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #208
disneymom443
Mouseketeer

I just bought my first set of 5 Snow White pins from e-bay, I had no idea about scrappers. I had read the reviews of my seller and bought the pins. They have not come in yet. I just wanted to say that I am so happy that my seller was on the green list. I feel very lucky. Thank you for this list.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #209
aliscrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by orplem View Post
Nope, I'm in the States... Pennsylvania to be exact.
Thanks
Old 05-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #210
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

Looks like I bought a few from a red seller, but most of mine are from a green one. I'll have to better inspect mine! I had no idea about scrappers and unfortunately I'm not well versed enough in pins.

Any easy ways to tell if they're scrappers? Most of mine didn't come with the backing (in his defense, he did state preowned) and if they did I didn't hang onto it.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: