Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

Never stayed at the Hard Rock..

My husband and I decided to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel for our next family vacation. Wondering what people think of it, if you can give me your input that would be great. Can you walk to Universal, how are the rooms etc?
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
sz9144
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesboo99 View Post
My husband and I decided to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel for our next family vacation. Wondering what people think of it, if you can give me your input that would be great. Can you walk to Universal, how are the rooms etc?
We love it. We're only staying at rpr this month because it was half the price with the aph rate.

HRH is our favorite. So close and easy to walk to both parks. Pool is large and comfortable. We like the small size of the resort. Staff are friendly. Rooms are standard hotel size. We've only stayed in the standard rooms. It was comfortable for 3 of us, but more than that may want to move up to the deluxe larger room. Kitchen has great food.
sz9144 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
glocon
DIS Veteran

We have only ever stayed at the HRH, but I would stay at any of the three no problem. My son (16 yr old) would always pick the HRH though. The rooms are a simple mission style decor, the restaurants are good and the pool is fun. It is an easy 5-10 minute walk to US. It is a beautiful, clean and deluxe resort. Hope you have a great time!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
tajz90
Mama D

Stayed at all 3. HRH is our favorite. We only stay at the others when we have no other choice. HRH is an easy walk. Atmosphere is fun. Pool is great. Love it.
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

you'll enjoy yourself at HRH.
it is a fun, lively place to stay.

check out the rest room on the lobby floor.....

if you don't plan to spend a lot of time in your room, a standard room will be great for the 3 of you.

most of the water views from your room are fantastic!

try the breakfast buffet at the Kitchen.
it is super.

i've stayed in the standard water view rooms, deluxe 2Q rooms and king suites at HRH.
all those rooms are fine.

you will have a short walk to the studios from that hotel.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

We decided to stay at HRH yes it's a little more money but we feel it will be worth it with all the perks that come along with staying at an on sight hotel. We will be there for 6 days going to universal for 4 days and seaworld 1 day and then onto Disney for 5 days . My kids have never been to Universal so I wanted to make it special for them.
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
RedHotAssets
Earning My Ears

HRH is a great hotel for families, the pool area is always busy and has things going on. The walk to Universal Studios is under 5 minutes, and of course it's just another 5 minutes to Islands of Adventure. Loved the convenience of the hotel being right there, it was especially nice for when we decided to take a break in the afternoon before heading back out to the parks. I love the store in the lobby, even when I'm not staying at Hard Rock I always make sure to stop by!
RedHotAssets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Hard Rock last month and loved it. The only problem was that my kids kept wanting to leave the parks and go back to the pool!
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:34 AM   #9
kingken
LOVEFLORIDA

we stayed last august and too be honest I was a little disappointed for the money we paid, the room was a little tired with the bathroom needing a major overhaul, with the tiles having mould in, the curtain rail, hanging off, and muck all around the mirrors, the suite itself was a good size but I know for a fact the floors were not hovered each day as bits that were on the floor were there for a few days, had to complain first day as there was blood on sheets of one of the beds, the staff were friendly and would help wherever possible, the pool bar is a nice place to have a relax but do charge 18% tip no matter what you have and was very slow most days
the lounge curtains were torn in many places and hanging down some of the carpet was also torn not really what I would expect for 4+ star hotel but on the whole we had a great time
boats to citywalk were often and it is about 15 minute pleasant stroll along landscaped path
staying onsite has the express pass which is a god send,
front desk took my credit card details for sundries but when I came to use it at a shop they had taken the whole credit limit on my card, very embarrassing. they said they would have it sorted in a day but had to go back 3 days later and they still had not done it
I will be trying one of the other onsite hotels in future, needs a major overhaul
kingken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:32 AM   #10
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

May I ask, would a standard room be comfortable for 2 adult & 2 tweens? I doubt we will spend too much time in the room as we will mostly be in the parks or at the pool!!

Also, how much does the refrigerator cost per night?

Cheers, AJ
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: