DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
uconnfan4
Earning My Ears

Buying DVC when you haven't ever stayed at one?

I am wondering how many people have bought in to DVC before they ever stayed at one of the properties.

I have stayed at CR, Poly, and SOG for my past 3 trips. I am staying at WL for my upcoming one, but I have never stayed at any DVC property or even really looked at one while I was there. I did try to rent points at VWL, BCV, or BWV for my upcoming trip, but it didn't work out.

So, am I crazy to think of buying when I haven't experienced it yet? I have read plenty about it. I have looked at pictures and more pictures. I have run numbers and considered multiple scenarios. I am planning to get down to the BW area on my upcoming trip and of course I could go over and check out VWL while I am there, but my trip is not until November and I don't know if I want to wait that long to buy.

If you did buy before you ever stayed at a DVC property, how did you decide where to buy. I totally understand the buy where you want to stay theory and agree with that. I am considering BLT, BWV, BCV, and VWL. I am leaning toward BWV or BCV, but am not entirely sold since I have never even seen that area.
uconnfan4 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: