DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #31
Apps
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakenatj View Post

Why is this a bold statement?? Did you not read my complete statement? If you are getting a large refund, then you need to adjust your deductions or quarterly adjustments. You are giving the government an interest free loan. Don't think they would be as nice to you as you are being to them. Timeshare companies typically target people that have incomes of over $85,000 annually. So my statement is not bold.
I find a lot of individuals don't adjust to that level of detail. A lot are rather conservative and would prefer a refund just so they don't have to owe something in march. :D

You are assuming everyone pays close attention to taxes and adjust accordingly. I don't find that to be the case amongst my non financial minded friends who easily make in the top 5% income bracket (lawyers, engineers, doctors). :D
Apps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #32
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As far as the economy, the stock market isn't a good way to gauge the economy. The housing market is a closer representation of the economy, and the housing market sucks.
The housing market where I live in the North East is almost mimicking DVC sales! I work with a realtor who says she has not had her phone ringing like this for a few years and sold a ton of homes in the bad market! I also work for a company that takes out underground oil tanks which happens most often when someone is buying or selling a property and this has been the busiest by far winter/spring in the 6 years I have worked there! This increase business is primarily real-estate sales driven.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #33
dwight16
Mouseketeer

Stock market is great and I also live in the north east and the housing market is starting to get hot. Just like Dvc it's all about location people want to live in the northeast higher demand. This section of the country was hit the least on a % during the bubble popping. It's pretty simple to see what is going on here it's a sellers market. The days of 2009/2010 are over in the resale market probably be a few more years before they come back.
dwight16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #34
e46m3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight16 View Post
Stock market is great and I also live in the north east and the housing market is starting to get hot. Just like Dvc it's all about location people want to live in the northeast higher demand. This section of the country was hit the least on a % during the bubble popping. It's pretty simple to see what is going on here it's a sellers market. The days of 2009/2010 are over in the resale market probably be a few more years before they come back.
Do you guys have the all cash buyers from China like we have here in California? Luckily they don't know about DVC or else prices here would sky rocket. Lol
e46m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #35
Countryrunner262
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Meggysmum;48051705]A couple of weeks ago I saw a 50pt SSR at $130 ! I even checked back a couple of days later incase it was a typo. Why would you pay that for resale?[/QUOTE

I called, and to be put on a 2 week wait list for SSR was $125 pp! We found a resale and had our offer accepted for $69 pp for 150 points. 150 banked from '12 and 150 for '13. Fingers crossed we pass ROFR!!
Countryrunner262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #36
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't understand the comments about tax returns. Normally the people who make enough money to make a purchases like this don't get refunds. They are paying quarterly estimates and/or even owe come tax time. People who are getting refunds aren't in a very high tax bracket typically. Either that or you need to have you're quarterly payments adjusted. Don't give the government an interest free loan for heavens sakes!

As far as the economy, the stock market isn't a good way to gauge the economy. The housing market is a closer representation of the economy, and the housing market sucks.
I underwrite tax returns every day. I see 4 out of 5 self employed people have 50% 100% 300% differences between gross and net income.... You think cars/ boats/ cell phones/ home phones even vacations to visit clients are not " expenses". Think again. I looked at 1 last week gross income of 1/2 million net of 32k ... For a lawn service company.... They got 12k back in taxes n only paid 5k .,, refund ... they got paid with an earned income credit and 2 kids .And mortg interest . So that is not always the case. They could most certainly afford dvc in fact they might buy it as a business expense?

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: