DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!
 
rusafee1183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,108

Resale offer accepted, still on the waitlist direct - not sure what to do...

I am a little confused how I should proceed and I need some advice from the experts please.

I had given up on finding the perfect resale contract after months of stalking, waiting and watching. So, I called my DVC guide about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks ago and put us on the waitlist for points direct. Well, I found the perfect resale contract yesterday, made a quick offer and the seller accepted!! I know I still need to go through ROFR, so I don't want to shoot myself in the foot and take myself off the waitlist just for the resale contract to be ROFR'd. But, I also don't want for both to come through miraculously at the same time and me to be having 2 contracts. So, what do I do...?


I'm thinking that I just need to call my guide and tell him to make sure to run it past us before charging my card. I had previously given him the authorization to just go ahead and do it in case he couldn't get a hold of us. Is it weird that I am *slightly* nervous to tell him that I am buying resale? I am just not in the mood to argue about the 'lack of flexibility' thing.
__________________
Heather & Bob
rusafee1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 24,456
DISboards Moderator

If it were me, I wouldn't call to cancel until after I passed ROFR.

It's unlikely that your VWL waitlist will come through before then since you only got on it about 2 weeks ago. (Didn't your guide tell you there were about 50 people ahead of you?) If it does, you can call your guide at that time and cancel then. It may take a few weeks, but you will get your cc deposit returned. FWIW, I do not believe Disney exercises ROFR just to fill waitlists.

Good luck with ROFR.
__________________
Best Wishes -



BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008

Last edited by CarolMN; 05-05-2013 at 07:18 AM.
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
I am a little confused how I should proceed and I need some advice from the experts please.

I had given up on finding the perfect resale contract after months of stalking, waiting and watching. So, I called my DVC guide about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks ago and put us on the waitlist for points direct. Well, I found the perfect resale contract yesterday, made a quick offer and the seller accepted!! I know I still need to go through ROFR, so I don't want to shoot myself in the foot and take myself off the waitlist just for the resale contract to be ROFR'd. But, I also don't want for both to come through miraculously at the same time and me to be having 2 contracts. So, what do I do...?


I'm thinking that I just need to call my guide and tell him to make sure to run it past us before charging my card. I had previously given him the authorization to just go ahead and do it in case he couldn't get a hold of us. Is it weird that I am *slightly* nervous to tell him that I am buying resale? I am just not in the mood to argue about the 'lack of flexibility' thing.
I wouldn't let the guide in on the resale at all. If the WL comes through before the resale gets through ROFR, I think you have 10 days to cancel the direct buy, no?
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Nov 3-6 at VWL
Aug 8-14 at BWV and AKV
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
tb1972
DIS Veteran
 
tb1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 590

I think if the direct wait list comes through, you still have the opportunity to decline the sale. We spoke with a guide and asked this very question. We contemplated buying a direct add on via wait list, but a resale opportunity eventually came up. Patience pays off!

If it were me, I'd keep my name on the wait list because as the PP said it's doubtful the wait list will become available prior to you passing resale ROFR.
__________________
meDHDD12DS9
MaxwellSebastian


tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...
 
JimMIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)
Posts: 11,484

I would cancel the direct waitlist.

You don't want to put yourself in a position where DVC ROFRs your resale contract to get the points to you direct!
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises
 
TinkTatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
I would cancel the direct waitlist.

You don't want to put yourself in a position where DVC ROFRs your resale contract to get the points to you direct!
I was thinking that as well, you weren't locked in to the pre price increase so you could always go back on the waitlist if they did take the contract back on ROFR
__________________

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,156

I would cancel the direct waitlist. You have not been on it that long and I do not believe they will be adding to it as quickly as before the price increase on all the resorts that caused the rush. If you do get ROFR'd then get back on. And potentially being on it could cause the ROFR.

No need to tell your guide why - just that you would like to cancel.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #8
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!
 
rusafee1183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,108

Thanks for the responses everyone... Still unsure what to do - especially because of what Carol said...


Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
If it were me, I wouldn't call to cancel until after I passed ROFR.

It's unlikely that your VWL waitlist will come through before then since you only got on it about 2 weeks ago. (Didn't your guide tell you there were about 50 people ahead of you?) If it does, you can call your guide at that time and cancel then. It may take a few weeks, but you will get your cc deposit returned. FWIW, I do not believe Disney exercises ROFR just to fill waitlists.

Good luck with ROFR.
You're right! My guide did tell me that there were about fifty people in front of us, so this is why I am sure that they probably won't come through at the same time. I was a little worried about the waitlist being so high, and *that* would be why Disney would ROFR me.

That would be GREAT news if Disney didn't ROFR just to fill the waitlists, because if they did I am positive they would because the demand is so high. I put in a full price offer and it wasn't exactly low compared to the ROFR thread, so I guess we'll see. I don't think I will take myself off the list until I hear back.

One last question though... we pushed the closing back an additional month. I wonder if that has an effect on the ROFR process, or if I will still hear back in the same amount of time from Disney.

This is my first resale process, so I apologize for being so clueless! You can read and research all you want, but until it's your money and stress waiting for an answer - it's a different ball game!

Thanks again!!!
__________________
Heather & Bob
rusafee1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

We have seen many times that contracts have passed when people were on the wait list for that specific resort and use year. We just don't know. However, the fact that you are considering resale suggests you are not against the idea. In that case I would not buy direct at all and simply buy resale, even if they ROFR your giraffes attempts. Good luck.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
cvo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post


One last question though... we pushed the closing back an additional month. I wonder if that has an effect on the ROFR process, or if I will still hear back in the same amount of time from Disney.

Thanks again!!!
As long as it has been sent to ROFR already, it will not affect or delay time for disney to decide.
cvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #11
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!
 
rusafee1183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
We have seen many times that contracts have passed when people were on the wait list for that specific resort and use year. We just don't know. However, the fact that you are considering resale suggests you are not against the idea. In that case I would not buy direct at all and simply buy resale, even if they ROFR your giraffes attempts. Good luck.
Absolutely not against resale at all! We have been stalking it for quite a while - It's just been rough trying to find exactly what we need. I was looking specifically for a VWL contract (those are hard enough to find anyway these days), Dec use year 125 points or less. Paying $79 was what we discussed was the highest we would go, and that was exactly what this contract was... so it was finally like it was MEANT for us!

But, you are right.... part of me wants to just cancel the waitlist either way. I just don't know that my nerves can take another year or waiting. But, maybe if I run those numbers one more time it may make a difference
__________________
Heather & Bob
rusafee1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...
 
JimMIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)
Posts: 11,484

The other factor I would mention is that you are already DVC members.

In that scenario, I would not be in any huge rush to add on direct despite the difficulty in finding exactly what you want in the resale market. You're already in -- why panic and pay a huge premium buying direct?

I would take my time -- whatever time it took. If you get in a time crunch and really need points for a particular vacation, you always have the option of getting a transfer from another DVC owner.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #13
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!
 
rusafee1183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
The other factor I would mention is that you are already DVC members.

In that scenario, I would not be in any huge rush to add on direct despite the difficulty in finding exactly what you want in the resale market. You're already in -- why panic and pay a huge premium buying direct?

I would take my time -- whatever time it took. If you get in a time crunch and really need points for a particular vacation, you always have the option of getting a transfer from another DVC owner.
Great point! This is when my impatience needs to take a back seat to reason.
__________________
Heather & Bob
rusafee1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.