Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Maesa
Earning My Ears

How do you sit on an airplane with 4?

Hello - Sorry not Disney related but we are flying to Disney in November. Its 4 of us. 2 kids and 2 adults. The plane seats 3 - row - 3. How do you do your seating? I was thinking of 2 behind one another so each kid can get a window with a parent. I would love the kids and I in one section and my husband across the isle but after thinking about it I think the kids will fight for the window. 6 and 3 years old. First time for the 3 year old to fly.
Maesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Families Board.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

When I had two, we just sat aisle and middle across. It's easier to get up and go to the bathroom, etc. if you have an aisle.

Now that I have three and they are older, they sit three across and we sit on an aisle and middle either across or a row up or back.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
CatesRDisneyFans
Mouseketeer

We've done all 3 with either my husband or myself across the aisle and we've done 2 in a row and 2 in a row directly in front or behind. I don't think I have a preference of how we sit on the airplane.

CatesRDisneyFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

We put the 2 kids and one adult in one row then the other adult in the same row but across the aisle.

We like this because we at least get one row to ourselves. I know we won't bug anyone else in that row and we can have all our stuff out It also allows one adult to chill out in the lone seat (gotta love noise cancelling headphones and a neck pillow). DH and I trade off on the flights so maybe on the way there he'll get the 1 seater and then on the way back, I will.

And the kids also switch off on the window seat - one on the way there, one on the way back.

We have done the 2 and 2 either in the same row or in adjoining rows but inevitably you have to really keep your kids on their best behavior lest some anti-child person sits next to you In the same row though, if my son elbows me accidentally or the kids end up stepping on our stuff, it is all OURS and we don't have to worry about that small stuff upsetting certain adults.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
ChrisM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
We put the 2 kids and one adult in one row then the other adult in the same row but across the aisle.

We like this because we at least get one row to ourselves. I know we won't bug anyone else in that row and we can have all our stuff out It also allows one adult to chill out in the lone seat (gotta love noise cancelling headphones and a neck pillow). DH and I trade off on the flights so maybe on the way there he'll get the 1 seater and then on the way back, I will.

And the kids also switch off on the window seat - one on the way there, one on the way back.
This. Exactly.
ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
CanuckTraveller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
This. Exactly.
Ditto. DS2 was still in his car seat on our last flight, so he automatically got the window. DS1 didn't care, he could see out the window I find having the two kids in one place with one adult much easier, as inevitably something you need is packed in the wrong carry on. Having everyone across one row (2 adults and a child on one side, other adult across the aisle) makes logistics easier. Plus when one child wants the other parent, it's easy for the adults to switch seats.
We won't have car seats on our next flight (DS2 is 5 yrs and won't be on a flight for at least 2 years), and considering the boys will have more patience (!), we may accept the 2 and 2 set up if necessary. The scenario I hate is the 3 and 1
African safari, July, 2016

Past:
DCL Dream/ WDW, March, 2013
NCL Jewel, New Year's Eve, 2012
NCL Star, New Year's, 2012
NCL Sun, New Year's, 2011
Land trips to all Canadian provinces, most of the eastern US, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Egypt, Columbia, Puerto Rico and a few others I can't remember as a child!
CanuckTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
Christen99
Wet behind the ears

We have two adults, and two kids and are flying out on Saturday. We're splitting one adult per child, and will sit with two in front. We were having a really hard time figuring out how to split up because both of the kids are special needs and they need at least one adult, but an additional adult smewhat close. One is more severe than the other, so I didn't want to be too far away from my husband in case either of us need help. I think this will work out best, because if my son kicks the seat in front of him, it will be someone he's related to and not some random who will get pissed off without knowing the situation.
Christen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #9
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Another vote for 3-1 with one adult across the aisle, except if we have a potential kicker - in which case the "lone adult" goes in front of the child who may kick.

Otherwise the lone adult is across the aisle and the kids take turns with the window seat. This way they can share the DVD player, with headphones of course and its easier to bring one backpack of toys and snacks as mentioned above.

tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
TwinkleKS
Mouseketeer

We have five or six. So we would fly 3 and 2 or 3 and 3. In your situation, I would fly 3 and 1, especially if the kids are younger. If they are older 2 and 2 wouldn't really matter. But with younger kids, it would probably be less disruptive to have 3 and 1 across the aisle.
TwinkleKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
krd315
Mouseketeer

Either will work but we prefer the 3 and 1 across the aisle and have the dgd's switch off with the window seat.

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
krd315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
emma'smom
P.S. Who would serve turnips at a wedding?

DH and the dd's in a row of three....mom in upgraded first class! See you in the terminal kiddies!
emma'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
messybug
Earning My Ears

We do two and two. I know that I'd be the one with both kids the entire trip if we did three and one.
messybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #14
lillykat
DIS Veteran

We sit 3 and 1 across the aisle. I usually sit in the middle so i can help each one get stuff out of their bags. As far as window seats. We have a deal the one who got it going give it to the other coming back. This way both get a window seat. If they can't decide I would have them pick out of a hat or pick a number or a hand whatever to determine who gets the trip there vs the trip back.

I know some people say pick 2 rows aisle and window and hope no one wants middle. But usually the flights can be full then you either have a stranger sitting in the middle with you, or usually they be happy to switch for the aisle but then you will be trapped in the row which is a pain when someone has to go potty.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
lillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #15
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

When we only had two kids we did an adult and a child in one row, and one adult/child in the next row behind. I think it is easier to have each adult responsible for one child the whole ride. Now we each take two children and sit 3 and 3. Of course we are often on flights that have only two seats on each side and in that case we stick our two big kids either in front or behind one of us while my husband and I each take a little kid. Have a great trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: