Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

Sorry.... Just saw your message. I will keep an eye on the Dorney park page and post details as they become available. Come on East Coaster's!!! We can't let West coast beat us!!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #17
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Hey all you MD/DC/VA DISers, anyone interested in joining me @ Kings Dominion? I'm planning on signing up soon (possibly today). I see there is a DIS team created for Kings Dominion, but right now it has no participants. Anyone else planning on signing up under the DIS team?

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka
Hey all you MD/DC/VA DISers, anyone interested in joining me @ Kings Dominion? I'm planning on signing up soon (possibly today). I see there is a DIS team created for Kings Dominion, but right now it has no participants. Anyone else planning on signing up under the DIS team?
Be the first. Be a pioneer!

GKTW created teams at all the Cedar Fair parks for us...choose what works best for you.
ImTooExcitedToSleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #19
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Just Registered

Just registered for the event at Kings Dominion! Won't some other DISers join me so I'm not the only one representing? (At KD that is.) Now to raise some money!

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

Last edited by ssawka; 03-16-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #20
wellesleyprincess
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking about doing the King's Dominion event. Any one else?
March 1990- WDW Offsite ~ May 1994- Poly ~ May 1999- Coronado Springs ~ April 2003- Offsite (EPCOT & MGM & Universal) ~ June 2005- Yacht Club ~ March 2008- Pop Century at Easter ~ January 2010 Marathon Weekend Trip at All Star Sports (Full Marathon Finisher)~ May/June 2010 Contemporary ~ January 2011 POFQ (Goofy Challenge)~August/September 2012 WWoHP~ September/October 2012 ToT 10 Miler/ Food & Wine All Star Sports~ October 2013 Pop Century Father-Daughter Food & Wine trip
wellesleyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #21
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

2 of us are doing the Kings Island event. I've raised 100 bucks so far myself but today I was determined to try to something fun at work to raise more moolah. (I work in the corporate office of a financial business.) Today I made a game by slipping pieces of paper into balloons and then blowing them up and tying them off. Each slip containes a money amount from 25 cents up to 5 dollars, a multiplier from 1x up to 5x the prize amount, or the word LOSER.

If someone wants to play, they simply pay $2.00 and pick two balloons. If a prize amount and a multiplier are selected, they win the amount of the prize multiplied by the amount of the multiplier. If one or two prize amounts are selected where no multiplier is selected, they win the total amount of the selected prize(s). Otherwise, they win nothing.

It's a huge hit! The max payout is $25.00 but that's only if someone actually gets both the $5.00 balloon and the 5x multiplier (there are two of each) at the same time. So far, I've made 27 bucks in just under an hour and I have only granted 50 cents in prizes (2 - 25 cent balloons where no multiplier was selected)! Right now there is only one 5x multiplier left and both $5.00 prizes are left. Most small money winners just donate it to the cause or use it try again. I started with 100 balloons...

With any luck, if this keeps going, I could be at quite a bit of money by the end of this month! I'll just keep adding balloons, reusing the same slips of paper.
June 2014 - BWI; May/June 2013 - POR; May/June 2012 - POFQ; Sept 2011 - POFQ for MNSSHP; Nov 2010 - AKL for MMVCP; July 2010 - Pop Century for 4th of July; May/June 2010 - Contemporary; Apr 2010 - CBR; Nov 2009 - POR for MMVCP[/B]
RedsDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #22
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellesleyprincess View Post
I'm thinking about doing the King's Dominion event. Any one else?
Yes, please join us. There are currently 3 from DISers going to KD.

(Me) (DD 12)

Old 05-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsDrew View Post
2 of us are doing the Kings Island event. I've raised 100 bucks so far myself but today I was determined to try to something fun at work to raise more moolah. (I work in the corporate office of a financial business.) Today I made a game by slipping pieces of paper into balloons and then blowing them up and tying them off. Each slip containes a money amount from 25 cents up to 5 dollars, a multiplier from 1x up to 5x the prize amount, or the word LOSER.

If someone wants to play, they simply pay $2.00 and pick two balloons. If a prize amount and a multiplier are selected, they win the amount of the prize multiplied by the amount of the multiplier. If one or two prize amounts are selected where no multiplier is selected, they win the total amount of the selected prize(s). Otherwise, they win nothing.

It's a huge hit! The max payout is $25.00 but that's only if someone actually gets both the $5.00 balloon and the 5x multiplier (there are two of each) at the same time. So far, I've made 27 bucks in just under an hour and I have only granted 50 cents in prizes (2 - 25 cent balloons where no multiplier was selected)! Right now there is only one 5x multiplier left and both $5.00 prizes are left. Most small money winners just donate it to the cause or use it try again. I started with 100 balloons...

With any luck, if this keeps going, I could be at quite a bit of money by the end of this month! I'll just keep adding balloons, reusing the same slips of paper.
That's an awesome idea!!!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #24
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

Go Team East!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: