Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
timbrown257
Earning My Ears

Agent P Adventures too long to complete

My two sons were both excited about the new Agent P Adventures at World Showcase. When I first heard about it I thought it was an innovative way to keep youngsters engaged as parents toured the various country exhibits.

The problem in practice however is that the individual missions are too long, (sometimes taking 30-40 minutes to complete) and since the missions take you around various places in the exhibit, my wife and I were forced to chase around after the kids so we got little chance to experience what the individual country showcases had to offer. There are also 7 individual country missions so this activity can easily eat up half a day.

Fortunately even my son's who are rabid Agent P fans got bored after 4 missions so we were able to stop. I did see a lot of exhausted parents trying to keep up with their kids as they run from attraction to attraction in search of the next Agent P clue.

What I always like about World Showcase is the ability to casually walk around and take your time experience the attractions and activities. I would recommend to Disney to shorten the adventures to a more reasonable 10-15 minutes. Also because of the noise and crowds it is often hard to hear the device that is giving the clues and sometimes hard for little kids to decipher. It would be great if Disney gave parents a "cheat sheet" of the clues to help direct their kids through their adventure when they get stuck.

I still like the concept of the Agent P's Adventure game, it just needs to be tweeked a bit.
timbrown257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
ChelMomto5
Mouseketeer

I completely agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbrown257 View Post
My two sons were both excited about the new Agent P Adventures at World Showcase. When I first heard about it I thought it was an innovative way to keep youngsters engaged as parents toured the various country exhibits.

The problem in practice however is that the individual missions are too long, (sometimes taking 30-40 minutes to complete) and since the missions take you around various places in the exhibit, my wife and I were forced to chase around after the kids so we got little chance to experience what the individual country showcases had to offer. There are also 7 individual country missions so this activity can easily eat up half a day.

Fortunately even my son's who are rabid Agent P fans got bored after 4 missions so we were able to stop. I did see a lot of exhausted parents trying to keep up with their kids as they run from attraction to attraction in search of the next Agent P clue.

What I always like about World Showcase is the ability to casually walk around and take your time experience the attractions and activities. I would recommend to Disney to shorten the adventures to a more reasonable 10-15 minutes. Also because of the noise and crowds it is often hard to hear the device that is giving the clues and sometimes hard for little kids to decipher. It would be great if Disney gave parents a "cheat sheet" of the clues to help direct their kids through their adventure when they get stuck.

I still like the concept of the Agent P's Adventure game, it just needs to be tweeked a bit.
We were in Epcot yesterday and after completing the first mission, I had to force my kids to give it up. Just not practical for a family. I agree that shorter missions would make it so much better.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
~Brandy~
Now closer to the mouse!

I agree 100%. We were in no particular hurry in Epcot, but the China mission took soooo long that my DS7 completely abandoned it and laid on a bench complaining while I followed my DD9 around for nearly an hour, trying to convince her to give up after the half hour mark.

I would strongly prefer a shorter 10-15 minute mission, by country, in an order that would keep us moving through the park and keep the kids interested. Instead I had one annoyed bored child and one that was mad that we wouldn't let her do more missions.
~Brandy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Awwww my 10 yr old son LOVES Agent P missions... I hink we have completed them all. We didnt think they were too long... and it forced us to notice the tiny details in each country while searching for clues.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbrown257 View Post

I think that's some of the point--it takes you places in each country you may not have noticed before. As for the length of the missions, I find them about right. I don't think the intention was for guests to necessarily do all seven in a day.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
ironz
could always use some pixie dust

I'm gonna agree with the OP on the length. In between each clue, there is a LOT of dialog/storytelling/whathaveyou on the little phone thing. They could shorten that up by quite a bit and proceed to the clues.

As for not being able to hear it, I guess I got an extra loud one when we tried in January. I felt like everyone in Germany could hear it....esp in the smaller confines of the shops! (and no way we could find to turn it down)

Granted...we were 2 adults just trying it for fun, but this is in comparison from when I enjoyed the Kim Possible one several years ago--did not seem to take nearly as long, nor be as loud.

"The miles aren't going to run themselves."

ironz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
Lolsmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironz View Post
I'm gonna agree with the OP on the length. In between each clue, there is a LOT of dialog/storytelling/whathaveyou on the little phone thing. They could shorten that up by quite a bit and proceed to the clues.

As for not being able to hear it, I guess I got an extra loud one when we tried in January. I felt like everyone in Germany could hear it....esp in the smaller confines of the shops! (and no way we could find to turn it down)

Granted...we were 2 adults just trying it for fun, but this is in comparison from when I enjoyed the Kim Possible one several years ago--did not seem to take nearly as long, nor be as loud.
The sound level is very different if you have two adults trying to hear it than if you are trying to share it between 2 adults, a 5 year old and a 6 year old. It's even worse with more people.

My kids love Agent P but found the missions to be a bit much after a while. Shorter missions would be a lot better.
Lolsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #9
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

We just got back and my kids LOVED the Agent P missions. In fact, these allowed us to spend more time in the individual countries and see things that we normally wouldn't have taken the time to see. On each of our past trips, we would pretty much walk through the World Showcase but my kids were always bored so we never got to see much of anything at all. I'm so happy they added this. Plus, I liked the fact that you can just do one or two missions, or whatever you have time for. You certainly don't have to do them all at once! My kids made me take them back to EPCOT three times during our 9 day stay, specifically to do more missions.

I'm glad they don't give the parents cheat sheets...I don't mind my kids being responsible for completing their own mission, and I personally don't want to do it. The one or two times my kids were stuck, the people working in the countries were more than happy to help or give hints.

And lastly, my DS11 was trying to muffle the phones because he thought they were too loud! It's funny how people have had completely different experiences!

buzzrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
ghtx
DIS Veteran

I appreciate OP's input, but I disagree. It takes about 20-30 minutes to complete one mission (i.e. one country), and that's about right. If it were shorter, someone would post here complaining that it's too easy.

There's no reason why you should feel forced to complete more than one mission. It's very clear at the end of one mission that you have the option of continuing to another mission or stopping.

FYI OP, it sounds like your kids had a fun time with their 4 missions until they got bored, and you got to see lots of World Showcase in the process. Sounds like a good use of a couple of hours on an afternoon in Epcot!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #11
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

We did a couple with my nieces and had a ball. Saw lots, enjoyed the story. It was a good story, and they learned a bit. Happy happy happy.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #12
AngiTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
Awwww my 10 yr old son LOVES Agent P missions... I hink we have completed them all. We didnt think they were too long... and it forced us to notice the tiny details in each country while searching for clues.
This mirrors how we feel about them. Individually they are just right and force you to take time to explore the country. If one thinks the missions are too long then just don't do them all. We did one and moved on to other things. Worked quite well.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #13
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

A few tips -

You don't have to listen to all the dialogue, just skip through it by pressing the "ok" button.

Skip the clues and get right to the end of each mission by pressing the "help" button.

Pressing the "help" button a third time lets you skip that mission completely and move on to the next.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #14
kamik86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortForever View Post
A few tips -

You don't have to listen to all the dialogue, just skip through it by pressing the "ok" button.

Skip the clues and get right to the end of each mission by pressing the "help" button.

Pressing the "help" button a third time lets you skip that mission completely and move on to the next.
Wait what would be the point of skipping the clues and going to the end... I mean why do it at all then?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #15
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Question...last time we did this it was KP and you had to skip around to whatever country they sent you to. Does it still work in the same way or can you go consecutively through the countries now? That way, we can just go in order and enjoy some drinks and snacks while the kids complete missions...keeps them busy! I agree that 30 minutes in one country is great! We have at times spent more than that even! Certain countries really have a lot to look at!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
LOVEMY3KIDDOS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: