Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #316
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

Just looked up DH and my bib numbers and we're in the last corral. Assuming we're there based on selecting the slowest start time. The bummer was my time is much better now than when I initially registered

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #317
tifaas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPooh View Post
Just looked up DH and my bib numbers and we're in the last corral. Assuming we're there based on selecting the slowest start time. The bummer was my time is much better now than when I initially registered
My DH and I are in the last corral as well. I was bummed at first but then remembered we are going to Disney and doing our first rundisney event. We will have fun no matter on when we start. If we come in dead last so be it. Its better than not even trying. Plus getting to party until the wee hours riding everest after dark is a dream come true!

I am just hoping the next few days go by fast so we can officially be on vacation! So excited.

Previous DCL:
Jan 4th - Disney Magic - Balcony room

Previous Resort Stays:
May 1st - May 5th, 2013 - CBR
Jan 22nd - Jan 29th, 2012 - CSR
July 24th - July 27th, 2011 - AKL
tifaas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #318
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaas
My DH and I are in the last corral as well. I was bummed at first but then remembered we are going to Disney and doing our first rundisney event. We will have fun no matter on when we start. If we come in dead last so be it. Its better than not even trying. Plus getting to party until the wee hours riding everest after dark is a dream come true!

I am just hoping the next few days go by fast so we can officially be on vacation! So excited.
That's us too this is our first RD event do finishing is all that matters. We may be slow but have plans to finish and then have fun at the after party.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #319
schewy
Owner of The Trip Station

IGift Bag

I have a question about the igift bag. Is it something we receive at packet pickup or is it something we obtain through online? I have not found any links for the igift bag if it is something we received from Run Disney. This is also my first Disney run event. I am also in the back of the pack in the next to last corral. This is where I belong though, I don't want to get in the way of all the Lightning McQueen out there.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #320
schewy
Owner of The Trip Station

I found it. I had accidentally deleted the email I received last week with the link to the gift bag
Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #321
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran

Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)

I'm getting excited! Just a few days until I fly down. I see we're in for a rainy weekend. Hopefully no downpour during the race... also, wet weather will require me to reconsider running with my iphone. Going to plan for the worst and hope for the best, weather-wise.

Maybe wet weather will keep people out of the parks, and make the Flower and Garden festival look nice and well-watered... although with the amount of rain Orlando has been getting, the flowers of F&G fest have probably been flattened!!

Regardless... I'm ready for a fun weekend!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #322
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
I'm getting excited! Just a few days until I fly down. I see we're in for a rainy weekend. Hopefully no downpour during the race... also, wet weather will require me to reconsider running with my iphone. Going to plan for the worst and hope for the best, weather-wise.

Maybe wet weather will keep people out of the parks, and make the Flower and Garden festival look nice and well-watered... although with the amount of rain Orlando has been getting, the flowers of F&G fest have probably been flattened!!

Regardless... I'm ready for a fun weekend!
we could use some of your username here I'm planning on getting those $1 to use while we wait for the race to start and then discard them...I have a running belt that is waterproof and that's where I'll hide my phone (it has run keeper and my music). It's been a mess for these past few days but the strong storms end by 9pm and then just lingering rain. So I'm hoping people that bought the party ticket will stay out and that way we'll be able to enjoy the rides with no waits
Princess Half Marathon 2013....done
Expedition Everest Challenge 2013...done
Minnie's 10k 2014........done
yulilin3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #323
Cant wait for Disney
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to send a good luck to all of you EEC runners! I hope you all have an awesome time! I am hoping to try this one next year! I've started running for the first time in my life this year and am about to do my first race on saturday. I'm doing a 5k here at home. Not quite the same as in Disney but excited none the less!!

me (31) dh (33) DS (3) DS (1)

1st trip-off site 1990's, 2nd-Wilderness Lodge, 3rd-Disney Cruise, 4th-Boardwalk Inn 5th-1999 class trip offsite, 6th-2001 class trip-All Star Music, 7th-2009 Just me and DH Coronado Springs, 8th-2009 Mom's 50th-Yacht Club, 9th-2011 Boardwalk Villas, 10th-2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village,
Cant wait for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #324
caitie86
Earning My Ears

Whoo hoo....... We're getting close!

For those of you coming from out of town, here's the latest forecast:

Sat - 83 degrees cloudy with a 50% chance of showers
Sat night - 65 degrees cloudy with a 30% chance of showers

Rain, rain stay away!!

- best running partner, Marley

caitie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #325
whodini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
I asked this on the facebook page:
Since the announcement of May the Fourth for Limited Time Magic at DHS, if the Star Wars fireworks are at midnight (hoping, fingers crossed) do you think that If I finish the EEC, grab my medal, hop on my car, go to DHS for the fw...will they let us get back inside AK for the after-party?? I will have the medal and also I could take the receipt from Active showing that we paid for the race...
Just wanted to make sure everyone knew the Symphony in the Stars fireworks will be at 9:45 on May the 4th. That's per the time guides issued earlier this week. You can see one over at http://www.studioscentral.com/column...studios-update. I plan on heading to DHS for EMH rope drop. That'll help me get a nap in before heading over to AK that night.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #326
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitie86 View Post
Whoo hoo....... We're getting close!

For those of you coming from out of town, here's the latest forecast:

Sat - 83 degrees cloudy with a 50% chance of showers
Sat night - 65 degrees cloudy with a 30% chance of showers

Rain, rain stay away!!
65% is a great temp for running. It may make rides on Kali afterwards a little chilly.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
IamTrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #327
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

My toddler has been sick all week and NOW I feel like I might be coming down with it too. Noooooooo. I hate running sick. And being at Disney sick is just not right

OK, positive thinking and pixie dust needed. We're driving down Friday and I am so excited. Work's been awful lately and I keep taking deep breaths and counting down the days till I get to go to my happy place. Two more days. Sick or not, I'm going, running and having a great time!
SuperHappyFunTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #328
k^2
Ramblin' Wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHappyFunTimes View Post
My toddler has been sick all week and NOW I feel like I might be coming down with it too. Noooooooo. I hate running sick. And being at Disney sick is just not right

OK, positive thinking and pixie dust needed. We're driving down Friday and I am so excited. Work's been awful lately and I keep taking deep breaths and counting down the days till I get to go to my happy place. Two more days. Sick or not, I'm going, running and having a great time!
I feel like I'm getting sick too but I'm not going to let it pull me down!! We will finish that 5K without stopping even if we just trot most of the way. Leaving tomorrow - can't wait!!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #329
PattiPB
I'll be happy to learn the secret fruitcake dance once it is perfected
What happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas for a DISing marathon runner
You might have to run all the way here to Vegas

Jumping on a plane this afternoon!

Since we have no humidity here, we are going to take a brisk walk tonite at AKL to see how bad the humidity is going to affect us for EEC.

First 5K EVER for me and two of my besties!!! Before this January, I wouldn't run from the cops if I had a TV under my arm!!!

WDW '77, '81, '85-'96, '99, '01-'14 DCL Wonder '04, '05, '11
UO '88-'89, '99, '01, '04-'06, '08, '10-'11, 13 DL AP holders '96-'03, '05-'11 Day Guest '12 - '14

DVC Owners at SSR!!! January 2007 Visited so far: SSR, OKW, AKL-KV & J, VWL, & BWV!

runDISNEY Events: Expedition Everest Challenge (2013 and 2014) Tower of Terror 10-miler (2013)
Disneyland Half (2014) Wine & Dine Half (2014)
ME!, DH, DD '94, DS '96, DS '98
PattiPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #330
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Hi EEC folks! Quick question - What is the easiest way to get to WWOS from Animal Kingdom by bus?
Have fun everyone! I did this last year and loved it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: