Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #1231
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
So I noticed our original january dates fall in marathon weekend (9-12) is it very busy? Should I really consider later in the month? We would be considering the 4-11- but could also do a later week in Jan (value points w DVC...)

Suggestions?
We came down this year the evening after the marathon (so Sunday night.) Though I'm sure the crowds thinned after the race, there were plenty of runners still in the parks proudly wearing their shirts and medals. The crowds were still fantastically low!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #1232
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

Changing our dates to November 16 - 22, 2014, but will still stay at POR. This may work out better since we would like to see the Christmas decorations and will miss possible Spring Break and Mardi Gras crowds. Just hate it will be longer until we return to Disney.

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
March 2015 - Resort TBD
JacknDawn4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #1233
Splash2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
Yay, we've booked our Disneymoon now So we're staying at POFQ nov 13th to dec 4th 2014 with free dining Now the countdown can begin
Congrats!

This is probably a silly question but I thought booking dates weren't available that far in advance? When I try to book for Feb 2014 online they aren't available yet. Is there a way to find out when free dining is being offered that far in advance as well?
Splash2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #1234
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay, we've booked our Disneymoon now So we're staying at POFQ nov 13th to dec 4th 2014 with free dining Now the countdown can begin
Congratulations! That's awesome.

How were you able to get reservations AND free dining 20 months out? You are my new hero.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #1235
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash2013 View Post
Congrats!

This is probably a silly question but I thought booking dates weren't available that far in advance? When I try to book for Feb 2014 online they aren't available yet. Is there a way to find out when free dining is being offered that far in advance as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Congratulations! That's awesome.

How were you able to get reservations AND free dining 20 months out? You are my new hero.
It's because I live in UK and they release bookings and offers a lot earlier here As far as I know, free dining in the US is always released a lot closer to the departure date.

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #1236
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Sooo how crazy do you think it would be for 2 adults to book a family suite at AoA? It is a little more $$ than a moderate room, but you get so much space, plus two tvs and two bathrooms!! And we can keep what we liked about Pop--the food court and the dedicated busses with only one stop. So now I have another resort to obsess over for a year.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #1237
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Sooo how crazy do you think it would be for 2 adults to book a family suite at AoA? It is a little more $$ than a moderate room, but you get so much space, plus two tvs and two bathrooms!! And we can keep what we liked about Pop--the food court and the dedicated busses with only one stop. So now I have another resort to obsess over for a year.
Not at all... We always booked suites before kids. I enjoy space, a couch to sit on and so on.... Very rarely did we ever book a single room (unless choices or budget were limited)
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #1238
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Not at all... We always booked suites before kids. I enjoy space, a couch to sit on and so on.... Very rarely did we ever book a single room (unless choices or budget were limited)
This makes me feel better. I think this would work so well for us. I like having bed options in case DH is snoring really loudly, or one of us is sick, like last trip. I think deluxes have been eliminated, so it will either be AoA or POFQ. For now...

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #1239
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

We are scheduled for Feb 13 to 17 at AoA LM right now since there will be three in the room. I am thinking about switching to mod since we have only stayed in mods before with 4 to a room. My son will be staying with the band off site so my DH thought we could save money in a value and still have room.

My DD is really into swimming now though she is not a strong swimmer. so I was thinking about the mods for the pools

I have over 9 months to decide! at least I have guaranteed a room on Disney property. It would be great to get a discount for Feb or free dining!

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:
For the First Time in Forever - A Trip to See My Son March in MK Feb 2014

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52227352

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
mdsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #1240
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash2013 View Post
Congrats!

We booked room only last month for January 2014 - this is done via phone, not online.

Free dining is still an unknown for us at this time.

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #1241
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
I'll update the lists!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknDawn4ever View Post
Changing our dates to November 16 - 22, 2014, but will still stay at POR. This may work out better since we would like to see the Christmas decorations and will miss possible Spring Break and Mardi Gras crowds. Just hate it will be longer until we return to Disney.
Thank you for posting your new dates - I'll getcha updated! I'm sure you will love the Christmas decorations, even if you do have to wait a little longer to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
We are scheduled for Feb 13 to 17 at AoA LM right now since there will be three in the room. I am thinking about switching to mod since we have only stayed in mods before with 4 to a room. My son will be staying with the band off site so my DH thought we could save money in a value and still have room.

My DD is really into swimming now though she is not a strong swimmer. so I was thinking about the mods for the pools

I have over 9 months to decide! at least I have guaranteed a room on Disney property. It would be great to get a discount for Feb or free dining!
Thanks for posting your dates and resort - I'll update the list. If you end up switching to a mod, just post and let me know.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #1242
OasterP
DIS Veteran

Hello! I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I'm so excited I found it! We are planning a September 2014 trip to Disney and I'm glad I'm not the only one planning it so far in advance!

We haven't decided on a set date yet, but I'm leaning towards late September. Any opinions on which dates might be better? We are lucky in that our son won't be in school yet, so we can go any time we want. It doesn't even have to be weekend to weekend, so we're open.

I can't wait to read the thread and catch up!
OasterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #1243
Suelala
Mouseketeer

First of all, I have to say THANKS for this thread. What a lot of great info and links you shared!
My daughter and I went in November, and I wanted to go again this year, but just can't do it. I have planned too many things for this year, so I am going to wait and go October 28-Nov 7, 2014. That gives me more time to save money for a really great trip. I am already excited tho! Maybe the Mine Trains will be open then...???
Suelala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #1244
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness

Count us in!!! I keep planning a trip since my last trip in December of 2010 but things keep coming up. We just have had some good luck recently and we won't be able to go this year however I am definitely planning on going next year. Right now we are looking at going the 2nd or 3rd week in August. All depending on when the seasons fall and the prices start to lower. This will be my 5th trip, my husband first trip and our little girls first trip as well. She will turn two on August 2nd of 2014 so it will be a great time to visit. She loves Minnie Mouse, doc McStuffins, Sofia the first, Snow White and Ariel. I am excited for her to see the Disney Junior show at Hollywood studios. Let the planning begin!
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #1245
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suelala View Post
First of all, I have to say THANKS for this thread. What a lot of great info and links you shared!
My daughter and I went in November, and I wanted to go again this year, but just can't do it. I have planned too many things for this year, so I am going to wait and go October 28-Nov 7, 2014. That gives me more time to save money for a really great trip. I am already excited tho! Maybe the Mine Trains will be open then...???
How did you like going in November? On our first trip we went in March 2012 and I am planning to go next November. Just wanted to know about the weather and crowds. Looking forward to the decorations.

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
March 2015 - Resort TBD
JacknDawn4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: