Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #16
Pudge_The_Fish
Mouseketeer

Good evening, team! Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Lynn - Have a great trip to Hawaii!

Kipp - Take it easy. I know it's hard. But, I pushed too much with my PF and my foot is still bothering me months later.

Rick - Stay safe! I hope the flooding doesn't get worse. Weather everywhere has been crazy lately it seems.

Vicky - Have a good trip to DC!

AFM - Not much to report on the exercise front here. I'm still not running. I should be doing my PT for my foot and strengthening exercises more but I'm just not motivated. I went to the pool last week for the first time since last fall... whew, it was tough. With my PF, the doctor recommend I work on a more natural running style. I haven't started doing this yet. Again, I just have not been motivated to do it. I have started taking a Pilates class at my gym once a week.

It's Patrick's birthday this weekend. We went out to dinner at a steakhouse tonight. He loves steak but we never make it at home. We had a really good dinner.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Emily
Pudge_The_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Wow! I can't believe it's May already! Where does the time go? Well I'm happy spring is finally here and we no longer have to bundle up for our runs, walks or bike rides

I had an awesome weekend in DC with Elizabeth and the other ladies of WISH. It was a great girls weekend. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a race report in a few days.

Emily - Happy belated birthday to Patrick! Are the both of you running DL this year? Sending you lots of PD for your foot! Do those strengthening exercises so you can get better soon Hope the pilate classes are fun!

If anyone wants to do a weight loss challenge for May, let me know. I think this time we'll just go with weight loss percentages and supporting each other. The points and prizes were complicated and tough to keep track of. Post if you're in!

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #18
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - It was great to see Jeff and his family, and we did say hi for you. I am glad spring is where you are, we came home to another foot of snow! It is melted off the roads now, but it will take a few days of warm weather to melt off the grass.

Emily - We did have a great time! Good luck with your running!

AFM - We had a great trip to Hawaii, it was great to see Jeff and visit with him and the family. The Spam Jam was lots of fun, lots of good food. One day we volunteered for a bike ride, had to be on the North Shore by 6am, that meant leaving Honolulu at 4:30am (giving ourselves an extra 1/2 hour in case we got lost), but it was lots of fun. We even spent an afternoon swimming in the ocean! The Honolulu Zoo has 3 lion cubs that were fun to watch, we checked up on them daily. We did not spend much time on our PT exercises, but our PT was happy with our progress in spite of that. We did do a lot of walking, just not as much as we normally would have.

Good luck to all who are racing this weekend!

Pixie dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #19
bunnyfoo

Happy Monday everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I got out for my first run since finishing the Nike 1/2 last Sunday. The first mile felt a little tough but it was a good run overall. It was quite warm out and because I had started my run at 10AM, there wasn't much shade. Made me wish I drank a little more water and a little less coffee This weekend, I have a 10K run on Sunday.

Lynn - I saw your pics on FB. Looked like you and Scott were having a blast! I didn't know you volunteered at a bike race! You always have the best trips! Are you going to be coming to DL this year?

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

Old 05-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #20
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - Yes, we will be at DL this year, not doing any races but cheering on folks. If we are doing the weight challenge just on weight, I do not have a chance - I was making all my points in exercise time and drinking water and taking vitamins My starting weight is back up after vacation to 150, my goal is 140.

Pixie Dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #21
bunnyfoo

Just giving us a bump back up to the top!

I did a 4 miler yesterday but it was a tough run for some reason. I just felt like I had no energy and my legs felt like lead. Strange because I know I had enough sleep. Oh well, I guess we all have those kinds of runs every so often. I'm hoping to get out for a 3 miler tonight.

Lynn - That's great! I'm looking forward to seeing you and Scott again this year! I'm hoping to also drop 10 lbs before or by DL too!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #22
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - Yes, we will see how the weight loss goes, we do have a cruise in June, and that is always terrible for the weight! Hope your run tonight is better.

AFM - I have been doing weights (light) on our bowflex on days we do not have PT, walking the dogs daily 1.25 miles, getting out for short bike rides to the mailbox and around the block, and I am nearly always sore. I am pushing the exercise as we really need to get more endurance, we really lost all that we had, ad it is hard gaining it back.

Have a great day all!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #23
bunnyfoo

Just giving us a bump back up to the top of the page! Hope everyone had a great weekend! And a happy belated Mother's day to all the moms in the group - thanks for everything you do for all of us

My weekend was pretty busy! I can't remember if I mentioned that I bought a used road bike... I took that in for a tune up on Friday and it should be back on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to riding it Saturday I had a bunch of errands to run and I made my mom a lemon cheesecake which actually didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Sunday I had my 10K. I'm working on a RR but the short story is that I got to meet up with Kim and a few other friends at the start. I finished in 52:11 compared to 56:09 from last year. That was an awesome PB for me!

Tonight is the gym and then going home to relax. Hope everyone is doing well

Old 05-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #24
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - Congrats on the weekend run! What kind of road bike did you end up with? Hope you enjoy riding it when you get it back!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

We are slowly working on our endurance, our Physical Therapist wants us to go slower than we want to go, but I guess she knows best. On today's dog walk, I was forced into a longer walk by a loose dog (my dogs will fight anything that comes up to them, and this boxer was not going to let us pass - so I turned around and went back around our loop the long way), so my normal 1.27 mile walk turned into a 2.08 mile walk. The good news is that my knees do not hurt any more than they do from the shorter walk, and my shins no longer hurt when I walk. We have both been very good about our weight training.

Have a great day team!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #25
Pudge_The_Fish
Mouseketeer

Hello team!

Vicky - We aren't doing DL this year. We're taking a break from long distance races. But if you're coming, I'd love to meet up again. We're an hour or less from Anaheim, so it's an easy trip for us. WTG on your 10k!

Lynn - Sounds like your recovery is going well! We're thinking of going to Hawaii later this year, but are going to mostly spend time on the Big Island.

AFM - Just finished my PT exercises. I only did them twice this week and went to the pool once. The weather is very up and down here...it got up to 100 deg at the beginning of the week and then down into the 70s. It's supposed to warm back up again. I've got some errands to run today and then we're going to see Star Trek Into Darkness tonight.

Have a great weekend!
Emily
Old 05-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #26
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Emily - our weather has been up and down also, we were into the 80's 2 days ago, today's high in the 60's, I am just hoping for NO MORE SNOW! Our fruit trees are starting to blossom, so hoping for no severe weather, last year we lost all the blossoms to a hail storm, and had no fruit.

I have now been released from PT, so now I am on my own, still doing exercises every day, she said I needed to stay with low weights, high reps, every day for at least another month or 2, then I could work up to higher weights, lower reps and 3 days a week weight training. We are slowly working up to more distance on the bikes, that means maybe 3 miles instead of 1 mile.

Have a great day team!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #27
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

I am still training towards my first 50K Ultra in August and I have to admit that motivation for training kinda comes and goes. I do all my long runs for sure (have an 18 miler on Sunday), but the weekday runs are kinda hit and miss. Part of that is my new work schedule which has me working four 10-hour days with the fifth day off. I have to get up at 4am to get my morning run in before going to work and I am finding it hard to get motivated when all I want to do is sleep. Running after work is tough because I am exhausted (I get home around 8pm). This is my first week in this new schedule, so maybe I will get settled in after a while

Last Sunday, I had a really bad cramp in my right calf muscle (I ran a 17M LR and then had to immediately drive 3.5 hours to pick up my DD from college so no time to adequately stretch afterwards). So I had to take a break from running until it felt better. So I will do a run this afternoon and see how it feels before I tackle the 18M on Sunday.

Hope everyone else is doing better and have great plans for the weekend!
Half Fanatic #1852 and Marathon Maniac #6743
My Blog: My Journey to Healthy Living

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
RunRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #28
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Hi Rick! I used to work 4 - 10's, and it does take a little getting used to, but then I really liked it (more so because if I had to work overtime, I still had 2 days off!). I would do shorter workouts on the days I worked, for me, that mostly meant dog walks, as I only walk, but I would save my long walks for my days off. I hope you settle into a schedule that works for you.

Hi to everyone else!

We are shortly headed out on a cruise to Greece, so I am sure the weight will be adversely effected. I am hoping to be able to hit the gym on the ship on a regular basis. We have been cleared by our Orthopod to do whatever we want to do on our new knees. We have our first real bike ride tomorrow, will see how far we end up going.

Have a great couple of weeks team!

Old 07-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #29
Pudge_The_Fish
Mouseketeer

Hello team! I hope everyone is well.

Things have been very busy here with work and whatnot so not much exercising going on. I just got back from a trip to Sweden (which was great) on Tuesday and my in-laws arrive this afternoon.

Have a great day!
Emily
Old 07-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #30
doombuqqy
DIS Veteran

I see Rick is running the space coast marathon in December. I was wondering if he or anyone has ran it before because I have a few questions if you don't mind answering them? I am training for the glass slipper challenge now and am running small races here and there, my question is about the awards ceremony. I know nothing about them ,are they necessary and should I not miss it? I am getting on board the DREAM that morning after the half and was just looking at a time schedule. Thank you soooo much, Brenda

doombuqqy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: