Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidsForMe View Post
Our dates are set in stone, August 17 to 26. Airfare is purchased and the kids start back to school on the 28th. I am keeping fingers crossed for a room only discount, or free dining. Anything really....
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but FD was announced in another thread today and it isn't starting until 9/2. It does seem very strange to me though that there won't be any type of discount the last two weeks of August, but maybe so many people booked that they don't need to offer one now .

I am glad to see so many people are going regardless! I would hate to think the lack of FD would mean people have to cancel or postpone

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
Singinglizzie
DIS Veteran

Yeah, our tickets are already purchased, and we are gonna arrive Aug. 28 - so if rumors are true (which I believe they are) then no free dining for us. The new plan is to rent a car for a couple of days and do a bit more off-site dinning. Joe's Crab Shack and the Gaylord Palms are 2 places we hope to eat at. I'm also going to switch some ADR venues to lunch to minimize costs. Plus we can skip desserts at some meals, which will means it will cost about the same. Also sticking to our LM room, so no upgrade to a moderate or deluxe room this time as we have typically done. Still we will be at Disney!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 05:32 AM   #18
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but FD was announced in another thread today and it isn't starting until 9/2. It does seem very strange to me though that there won't be any type of discount the last two weeks of August, but maybe so many people booked that they don't need to offer one now .

I am glad to see so many people are going regardless! I would hate to think the lack of FD would mean people have to cancel or postpone
I'm surprised at that start date as well. But he did state it was not the US promotion so hopefully the dates are different for us here. As for booked rooms...I've done a lot of trips that time of year in late August and in the last two years, we've walked right onto attractions. The parks are 'empty'. Our first night there to watch the fireworks, in Town Square had maybe 50 people standing to watch. Keeping fingers crossed the dates come out different for the US promo
Old 04-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #19
delgrec
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey View Post

I'm surprised at that start date as well. But he did state it was not the US promotion so hopefully the dates are different for us here. As for booked rooms...I've done a lot of trips that time of year in late August and in the last two years, we've walked right onto attractions. The parks are 'empty'. Our first night there to watch the fireworks, in Town Square had maybe 50 people standing to watch. Keeping fingers crossed the dates come out different for the US promo
It was confirmed that it is also the US promotion :-(.
delgrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #20
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

While free dining is great, lower crowds are great too
Old 04-25-2013, 06:18 AM   #21
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
While free dining is great, lower crowds are great too
Agreed!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #22
DCbride
DIS Veteran

We are booked at LM for Aug 13-22. Since those rooms have not been discounted ever (ok in their first year) we booked not expecting a discount anyway. But our DD is 6 only once and loves the princesses....

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop, Omni, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
Jimmysmom0703
Mouseketeer

We are going Aug 25/30 but with no free diniing, we might just do a few nights. We are staying at AOA at LM even though my son will be 6, I really want him to experience Disney! Hopefully there will be some kinda of discount. The current one ends Aug 14 and I cant see them have NOTHING for the next 3 weeks..
Jimmysmom0703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #24
akayf
Mouseketeer

We are going 8/25- 8/30. We were supposed to go in Nov but when the school calendar came out, I didn't have the first week of nov off like we usually do. So we switched to late aug. Hoping some sort of discount becomes available but we already saved a couple hundred by moving our dates to aug. and we are committed to these dates now. It would be great to save money but we have already budgeted for the full price....getting money back would just be a nice plus!

Me DH DS1 (5) DS2 (2)
akayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:21 AM   #25
disneysmyhappyplace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey View Post

We have gone the past six years at the end of August and by no means have the parks been 'empty'. In fact, last year it was really crowded! We had waits of over 60 minutes on most big attractions. I am sure this is why FD is not being offered during this time period, because it is CROWDED

Me DH DS DS DD
disneysmyhappyplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #26
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysmyhappyplace View Post
We have gone the past six years at the end of August and by no means have the parks been 'empty'. In fact, last year it was really crowded! We had waits of over 60 minutes on most big attractions. I am sure this is why FD is not being offered during this time period, because it is CROWDED

My guess is it was that crowded partly BECAUSE of the Free Dining! I wonder how crowded it will be now if that's not offered.
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #27
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

There will be plenty of free dining people there the last two weeks of August. Don't forget that free dining bounce back was offered from mid August until sometime in November in 2012. So anybody visiting Disney during that time-frame was able to book with free dining for the end of August 2013.

While it isn't as busy as July; based on the two large conventions and the bounceback people I believe the last part of August will be just as busy as it has been the last few years.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #28
caisland
Mouseketeer

If anyone is going just before FD starts you could always split your Disney vacation. Have a first part room only and then a second booking for when FD starts.

We did this in 2008 and we just spent the first 3 or 4 days outside Disney going shopping and over to KSC.
August 2009 Pop Century
August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter
March 2014 All Star Sports
caisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #29
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Hopefully there will be a room only discount. As of right now, there doesn't look to be anything. And to answer the poster's question, we may switch our dates to next year instead to save up a bit more.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #30
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
My guess is it was that crowded partly BECAUSE of the Free Dining! I wonder how crowded it will be now if that's not offered.
Free Dining definitely affects crowds IMO. On the bright side, I'm hoping everyone that can, in late August, changes their dates to September LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: