Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Mommaof3
I have a wet noodle and I'm not afraid to use it!

FD/Stay, Play, Dine/Or Room Discount---Dec

Just trying to crunch my numbers and my head hurts with the seemingly endless possibilities! Those of you that seem to be much "more in the know" than I will ever be, what is your "best guess" about FD or SPD? I figure there will probably be a room discount, but what are your thoughts about the others now that FD is coming for Sept? I am probably going Nov. 30-Dec. 5. so that is the time frame I am wondering about.
Thanks in advance for your kind thoughts.
Melissa
Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
Tinker Pam
Stalker of the Whisperer

Right now there are no rumors for Dec discounts. However the 30th will be the Saturday after Thanksgiving usually the week of Thanksgiving is blacked out and the discounts wouldn't normally start until Monday Dec 2.
You might want to follow Danny25, he is usually right on and lets us know about discounts as soon as he knows. And post by him and black are not rumors but 100% facts, somehow they are in the know.

Tinker Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
Sunnywho
DIS Veteran

The last couple of years, the discounts started either the friday or saturday after thanksgiving. We had free dining booked last year at the POR starting the saturday two days after thanksgiving so that is not blacked out. This year's discounts though who knows.
Sunnywho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
Mommaof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnywho View Post
The last couple of years, the discounts started either the friday or saturday after thanksgiving. We had free dining booked last year at the POR starting the saturday two days after thanksgiving so that is not blacked out. This year's discounts though who knows.
Thanks for the information. I finally decided to run the numbers with a room discount, the stay/play/dine promotion and then free dining! It took me some time! I guess I will book based on the most expensive option and take whatever offer comes as more spending money. It is the only "safe" option for me for making a decision! I like to know facts before I decide. Again, thank you for your response.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker Pam View Post
Right now there are no rumors for Dec discounts. However the 30th will be the Saturday after Thanksgiving usually the week of Thanksgiving is blacked out and the discounts wouldn't normally start until Monday Dec 2.
You might want to follow Danny25, he is usually right on and lets us know about discounts as soon as he knows. And post by him and black are not rumors but 100% facts, somehow they are in the know.
Actually they usually start a free dining promo the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year Thanksgiving is late and the Pop Warner convention, that normally causes the first week of December to be blacked out, is scheduled a week later than normal. So, going by that and all the historical FD data for the last 9 years, if a free dining discount is offered for December, which I think there will be, it will probably cover November 30 - December 6 and December 14 - 19, give or take a day or two.

Black and I and some others are bloggers and follow the past historical trends for free dining and discounts and keep track of what's going on in the industry. Danny has a friend or relative who works for Disney corporate and he leaks that information from them when he gets its.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 04-26-2013 at 09:47 PM.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommaof3 View Post

Thanks for the information. I finally decided to run the numbers with a room discount, the stay/play/dine promotion and then free dining! It took me some time! I guess I will book based on the most expensive option and take whatever offer comes as more spending money. It is the only "safe" option for me for making a decision! I like to know facts before I decide. Again, thank you for your response.
Most likely a free dining and and room only discounts for the dates you are looking at. Highly unlikely Stay/Play/Dine would be offered during that time frame.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Mommaof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Most likely a free dining and and room only discounts for the dates you are looking at. Highly unlikely Stay/Play/Dine would be offered during that time frame.
Thank you very much for your thoughts. I appreciate the information.
Melissa
Old 04-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker Pam View Post
You might want to follow Danny25.
How do you follow someone?
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
tinka-belle
DIS Veteran

In 2012 we had a FD stay in mid December. I called about Bounceback and was only offered a room discount for: 11/30 thru 12/4 and 12/15 thru 12/18 (or 12/19, don't remember which). Very short discount windows.

BB is just a guideline of what they might or might not offer. General public discounts are sometimes different.
tinka-belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: