Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #226
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huney View Post
Calfan, where are you girls from? We lived un Sunnyvale for 8.5 years before we moved to San Diego about a year ago. We're planning on going to a Giants game if they're at home that day, fingers crossed! My sil still lives in that area, so she'll come up to meet us for dinner at least
I live in Walnut Creek and CaliforniaGirl09 is in another city in the East Bay. Good idea on the Giants!

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #227
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

CaliforniaGirl chiming in! I haven't had a chance to read through the thread yet, but wanted to say "hi." Looking forward to getting to know you all as we plan for our cruise! The Giants game is a great idea! The stadium is one of the best in baseball (I've been to most of them).
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #228
Huney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
CaliforniaGirl chiming in! I haven't had a chance to read through the thread yet, but wanted to say "hi." Looking forward to getting to know you all as we plan for our cruise! The Giants game is a great idea! The stadium is one of the best in baseball (I've been to most of them).
I agree! Not many bad seats in that stadium...though 336 gets pretty cold at night

Huney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #229
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
Hi, everyone. A friend and I just booked this cruise when our families were aboard the Fantasy last week. It will be the second girls' cruise for CaliforniaGirl09 and myself. We did the 5-day from New York to Canada last September and had a blast. This one appeals to us because it is on the West Coast (where we live), and we are excited to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge. We are both from the San Fransisco Bay Area, and I would be happy to try to answer any questions about things to do in the area. Looking forward to getting to know our fellow cruise travelers over the next year plus. I'd love to make some magnets for this cruise, so if anyone has come up with some magnet images they would be willing to share, that would be great.
Hiya neighbor. I'm just up the 680 from you in Cordelia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtime247 View Post
We've got more than a year to go to our cruise and we are already stressing out about FE's!
As others have said, not stressing, just musing over what circumstance we might decline to join.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kew423 View Post
I had it in my mind already that if it got over 15 cabins we would split it because over that is just too much.
Then we'll definitely be in! I'll have to ask my girlfriend if she wants to join as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Well, we will sail under the Golden Gate when we arrive and leave San Fran, so you will have opportunities there-and that is going to be so cool. I definitely hope to be on deck to get some pictures when we arrive that morning.
Sailing under the Golden Gate last year was one of my favorite parts of cruising the California Coast. There's just something magical about it, was totally worth waking up at 6am on vacation (which is not something I do often!).

Just FYI, San Francisco is NOT a good driving city (other than those cute little GO-cars I see tourists in the street driving sometimes, that looks fun). If you're thinking about heading up to Napa/Sonoma or want to see anything outside SF, a rental is a good idea, but I'm terrified of driving inside SF itself, and I lived here for all of my 20's. I usually ditch my car in the East Bay and take the subway in just because the mental effort of not having a collision then trying to find parking is such a nightmare! (Except in the business district on the weekends, then you're fine. But I digress.)
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #230
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
Welcome, glad you joined us on the cruise and on the thread. I already have you on the roster on the first page.

Those of us on the East Coast will take any suggestions you locals have on how to spend our day.

My thinking on food is:
some crab on Fishermans Warf (love the experience)
definitely need some Boudin's sourdough
maybe a nice lunch in NorthBeach
maybe dinner at Scoma's or Allioto's (I know, touristy)

Definitely open to suggestions.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #231
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Hi all! I just booked this cruise. It'll be me (Heather, I'll be 30 when we sail) and my mother. It's my second time on the Wonder and her first DCL cruise.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #232
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Welcome, glad you joined us on the cruise and on the thread. I already have you on the roster on the first page.

Those of us on the East Coast will take any suggestions you locals have on how to spend our day.

My thinking on food is:
some crab on Fishermans Warf (love the experience)
definitely need some Boudin's sourdough
maybe a nice lunch in NorthBeach
maybe dinner at Scoma's or Allioto's (I know, touristy)

Definitely open to suggestions.
I don't want to start a brawl with anyone from Maryland, LOL, but I think our dungeness are the best so you won't get any arguments from me on that. I think your plans sound fun (and tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Hi all! I just booked this cruise. It'll be me (Heather, I'll be 30 when we sail) and my mother. It's my second time on the Wonder and her first DCL cruise.
Welcome aboard! (We just joined, too!)
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #233
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Welcome Hedy and Mom, glad you will be sailing with us.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #234
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlette View Post
A friend of mine and Steve's (someone we both met on the last Disney Cruise we did together) made this for us. Feel free to use it for something if you'd like, or not . . . doesn't matter to me! Anyway, it's here if you want it

OK, I had someone PM me and ask about the "wordie", I think they called it. I referred them to the website and she wrote back that she could not find a Mickey Head to use on the site. Jessica, do you know if there is a a Mickey Head shape available for people to make their own? I wasn't sure what to tell her. Would your friend share the Mickey or no?

And, please, do tell your friend that I appreciate what they created for us. It makes me smile everytime I see my signature. I plan to print it out and make a magnet for my cabin door as well.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #235
HeyyCali
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! We are joining you on this cruise. This is our first cruise ever and we are beyond excited!! It will be me and DH and our two boys who will be a week shy of 5 and 2 at the time of sailing.

Looks like we have a lot of Californians on this group! Add me to the list. I lived in SF and around the bay area for a few years before I moved to southern California about 13 years ago. I can't wait to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge! That is going to be spectacular!!

We want the full experience so count us in for the FE!

This seems like a great group!
HeyyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #236
HeyyCali
Earning My Ears

Jessica, do you know if there is a a Mickey Head shape available for people to make their own? I wasn't sure what to tell her. Would your friend share the Mickey or no?

And, please, do tell your friend that I appreciate what they created for us. It makes me smile everytime I see my signature. I plan to print it out and make a magnet for my cabin door as well.[/QUOTE]

I have been playing with that site too! So addictive. I have a Mickey head if you want it. Can I send files over PM? Or could I email it? I am happy to share it.
HeyyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #237
Huney
Mouseketeer

Heyycali, I'll have a 5 year old boy on the cruise too . Maybe they can hang out together in the kids clubs

Huney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #238
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyyCali View Post
Jessica, do you know if there is a a Mickey Head shape available for people to make their own? I wasn't sure what to tell her. Would your friend share the Mickey or no?

And, please, do tell your friend that I appreciate what they created for us. It makes me smile everytime I see my signature. I plan to print it out and make a magnet for my cabin door as well.

I have been playing with that site too! So addictive. I have a Mickey head if you want it. Can I send files over PM? Or could I email it? I am happy to share it.[/QUOTE]

I have a regular Mickey Head, can you use any shape? I tried working with the program at work and I couldn't get it to cooperate.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #239
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyyCali View Post
Hi everyone! We are joining you on this cruise. This is our first cruise ever and we are beyond excited!! It will be me and DH and our two boys who will be a week shy of 5 and 2 at the time of sailing.

Looks like we have a lot of Californians on this group! Add me to the list. I lived in SF and around the bay area for a few years before I moved to southern California about 13 years ago. I can't wait to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge! That is going to be spectacular!!

We want the full experience so count us in for the FE!

This seems like a great group!
Welcome, I have you added to the roster. Yes, there are a lot of Cali people on this sailing and if I lived out there I would take advantage of having a DCL ship in my back yard too.

It will be interesting to see what you end up doing with your day in San Francisco.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #240
RweTHEREyet

Made my first batch of FE gifts this past weekend. Want to know what I am making? Well just scroll down a bit for the picture:

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Did you really think I was going to show you?

Have a great week everyone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: