Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer
 
PrettyFlower2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 423

Fp +

what is FastPass + and why am I terrified of it?
__________________


Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
PrettyFlower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated
 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 22,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyFlower2 View Post
what is FastPass + and why am I terrified of it?
An upcoming new way to schedule your attractions up to 60 days in advance. Little else is known, including when it will debut.
__________________
WDW: 42 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 350+ M&Gs);
Upcoming: June 2014 Disneyland (DLH); DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 911

It's the 'not knowing' that scares us all!
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
HappyMomma
Mouseketeer
 
HappyMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 96

I'm afraid too. It's like just one more thing I have to learn about and navigate. Disney is getting to be too much work anymore.
__________________
ASMu ~ Nov. 1999 ASMo ~ April 2006 PoFQ ~ March 2009 Poly ~ June 2013

Can't wait to plan our next trip! Poly Club level next time!
HappyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran
 
BuzzBelleMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas Metroplex
Posts: 1,766

I am afraid there will be battles if it affects us this time. DH loves to 'accidentally' get me a FP for a ride that I refuse to ride and then goes twice. He swears that it's because I might just change my mind. Nope, if I have almost thrown up on a ride, it's not getting a second chance.

Having a set time to return and set number is going to make the trip...interesting.
__________________
Photos help the magical memories live forever.
BuzzBelleMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
JamiLeigh
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 98

I'll admit I'm a planner. I've been stressing myself out every night this past two weeks over our upcoming trip next month. But this is just too far. Why can't you just go and have fun. I made ADR's and take advantage of the fast pass they have now but I have no desire to plan my day out to the minute. Makes me a little sad.
JamiLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #7
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,015

I'm excited for it, if it is what I think it is. I'm not a huge "main attraction" person, so if I knew I could go at a certain time and ride whatever once without running around for FPs and having to make RD, I would be very happy. Three a day, and I'd be totally set, since I like most of the second-tier rides better anyway, and the shows and daytime parades, etc.

I think I'm going to really like it, but we shall see!
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
geraghty
Mouseketeer
 
geraghty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 230

I can't wait for FP+. We like to go at rope drop and go back to the room around lunch time and swim or take naps, then go back to the park at night. This will allow us to use our fp for the evenings when we go back to the park. We will be able to enjoy the park in the morning without worrying about running around to get a fp and if the times will coordinate with lunch and our afternoon break. If we want to see a parade or show at night, hopefully those will be options as well. I like to plan before we go, I don't like to plan while we are there. I believe this will allow for a more casual approach to the parks since you can get your fp for must dos ahead of time. For those with no kids or older kids, the old system was great, but for those of us with small kids, having one person run around to all the differents kiosks was stressful. Also, With FP+ we will be able to get a few fp for the evening of our arrival. I was not going to plan a park on our first day, but with fp+, I think I will try to schedule some things for that first evening.

I also feel this will make staying on property even more of an advantage. Since Disney is cutting back on promotions, this will allow them to offer an advantage to its guests who book rooms at wdw. One advantage to emh is not having wait in long lines. This gives you a similar experience and Disney can cut back employee hours. For season pass holders, I hope they have access to this system in some form or fashion. Those passes are not cheap.
__________________
geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
TheSilverTherapist
The Geekiest Guy You've Ever Met
 
TheSilverTherapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western Suburbs Chicago
Posts: 281

Do we know yet if having FP+ means you can't get regular fastpasses during the day?

For example, if I'm doing DHS in the morning and MK in the evening, can I get regular FPs at DHS during the day while having FP+ for some rides at MK in the evening?

These are the things I worry about. My park strategies are going to completely change. :-)
__________________
May 1991 - CBR Oct 1994 - DL (POR) Aug 1996 - OKW Aug 1997 - OKW, ASMu
Jun 1998 - OKW Aug 1999 - POFQ Aug 2000 - CSR, OKW, CBR Jul/Aug 2002 - OKW
Jun 2003 - OKW Jun 2004 - SSR May/Jun 2005 - OKW Aug 2006 - OKW
Sep 2008 - CSR (1st Wedding Anniversary) Sep 2009 - BCV
Sep 2013 - AoA, OKW (30th Birthday)

TheSilverTherapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post
Do we know yet if having FP+ means you can't get regular fastpasses during the day?

For example, if I'm doing DHS in the morning and MK in the evening, can I get regular FPs at DHS during the day while having FP+ for some rides at MK in the evening?

These are the things I worry about. My park strategies are going to completely change. :-)
The way I understand what I've read already...and again, this is just my interpretation from what info is out there....

The 3 FP+ seem to have to be in one park, per day. But I suspect we will be able to get other FPs, even at other parks, the day of, either using the app or the kiosks. Now, this doesn't mean that what we want is going to be available...
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #11
TheSilverTherapist
The Geekiest Guy You've Ever Met
 
TheSilverTherapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western Suburbs Chicago
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
The way I understand what I've read already...and again, this is just my interpretation from what info is out there....

The 3 FP+ seem to have to be in one park, per day. But I suspect we will be able to get other FPs, even at other parks, the day of, either using the app or the kiosks. Now, this doesn't mean that what we want is going to be available...
And presumably if you have a 4-5pm FP+ for Space Mountain, you wouldn't be able to double up and get a 4-5pm regular fastpass for Buzz, sorta similar to how it works now. Hmmm... This is very very interesting and will require as much battle planning as my tabletop wargaming :-)

We're not going till late September, so here's hoping they have all the info out by July so I can make the proper decisions.
__________________
May 1991 - CBR Oct 1994 - DL (POR) Aug 1996 - OKW Aug 1997 - OKW, ASMu
Jun 1998 - OKW Aug 1999 - POFQ Aug 2000 - CSR, OKW, CBR Jul/Aug 2002 - OKW
Jun 2003 - OKW Jun 2004 - SSR May/Jun 2005 - OKW Aug 2006 - OKW
Sep 2008 - CSR (1st Wedding Anniversary) Sep 2009 - BCV
Sep 2013 - AoA, OKW (30th Birthday)

TheSilverTherapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #12
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post
And presumably if you have a 4-5pm FP+ for Space Mountain, you wouldn't be able to double up and get a 4-5pm regular fastpass for Buzz, sorta similar to how it works now. Hmmm... This is very very interesting and will require as much battle planning as my tabletop wargaming :-)

We're not going till late September, so here's hoping they have all the info out by July so I can make the proper decisions.
lol!
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraghty View Post
I can't wait for FP+. We like to go at rope drop and go back to the room around lunch time and swim or take naps, then go back to the park at night. This will allow us to use our fp for the evenings when we go back to the park. We will be able to enjoy the park in the morning without worrying about running around to get a fp and if the times will coordinate with lunch and our afternoon break. If we want to see a parade or show at night, hopefully those will be options as well. I like to plan before we go, I don't like to plan while we are there. I believe this will allow for a more casual approach to the parks since you can get your fp for must dos ahead of time. For those with no kids or older kids, the old system was great, but for those of us with small kids, having one person run around to all the differents kiosks was stressful. Also, With FP+ we will be able to get a few fp for the evening of our arrival. I was not going to plan a park on our first day, but with fp+, I think I will try to schedule some things for that first evening.

I also feel this will make staying on property even more of an advantage. Since Disney is cutting back on promotions, this will allow them to offer an advantage to its guests who book rooms at wdw. One advantage to emh is not having wait in long lines. This gives you a similar experience and Disney can cut back employee hours. For season pass holders, I hope they have access to this system in some form or fashion. Those passes are not cheap.
It has been stated that FP+ will be able to be used by all park goers wheather they stay onsite or not.

My concern is that everyone will want those evening FP+'s making those harder to get. My family are RDers but why would we set FP+'s for the morning hours when normally that is when the park is less crowded?
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #14
TheSilverTherapist
The Geekiest Guy You've Ever Met
 
TheSilverTherapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western Suburbs Chicago
Posts: 281

Okay, I chatted with a cast member and got what I hope is some accurate information about FP+

First, there's definitely no official roll-out date yet.

Second, it's definitely one park, per person, per day. So if you're like me and do two parks a day, you can only use FP+ at one of those parks.

Third, and most importantly, it appears definite that you CAN use regular FPs as you normally would, even while having 3 FP+s locked and loaded.

For example (and this was the exact one I used with the cast member, so it should be legit) if you plan on doing MK in the morning and DHS in the evening, you can book FP+s for TSMM, ToT, and RnRC to use later that night (when a lot of those passes would be gone anyway) and still get paper FPs for Space Mountain et al. while touring MK in the morning.

With that in mind, I've gone from paranoid about FP+ to psyched. It's very common to go to your late afternoon/evening park and see that FPs are gone for most of those rides. Now you don't have to worry about that.

On the flip side if you're more of a morning person, you can get a lot of FP+s for morning times and not worry about the times for normal fastpasses being in mid afternoon when you have no intention of still being in the park.

Hope that made sense...
__________________
May 1991 - CBR Oct 1994 - DL (POR) Aug 1996 - OKW Aug 1997 - OKW, ASMu
Jun 1998 - OKW Aug 1999 - POFQ Aug 2000 - CSR, OKW, CBR Jul/Aug 2002 - OKW
Jun 2003 - OKW Jun 2004 - SSR May/Jun 2005 - OKW Aug 2006 - OKW
Sep 2008 - CSR (1st Wedding Anniversary) Sep 2009 - BCV
Sep 2013 - AoA, OKW (30th Birthday)

TheSilverTherapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #15
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated
 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 22,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post
Okay, I chatted with a cast member and got what I hope is some accurate information about FP+

First, there's definitely no official roll-out date yet.

Second, it's definitely one park, per person, per day. So if you're like me and do two parks a day, you can only use FP+ at one of those parks.

Third, and most importantly, it appears definite that you CAN use regular FPs as you normally would, even while having 3 FP+s locked and loaded.

For example (and this was the exact one I used with the cast member, so it should be legit) if you plan on doing MK in the morning and DHS in the evening, you can book FP+s for TSMM, ToT, and RnRC to use later that night (when a lot of those passes would be gone anyway) and still get paper FPs for Space Mountain et al. while touring MK in the morning.

With that in mind, I've gone from paranoid about FP+ to psyched. It's very common to go to your late afternoon/evening park and see that FPs are gone for most of those rides. Now you don't have to worry about that.

On the flip side if you're more of a morning person, you can get a lot of FP+s for morning times and not worry about the times for normal fastpasses being in mid afternoon when you have no intention of still being in the park.

Hope that made sense...
This goes against most of what is known to date. When bracelets are in use, for instance, there is assumed to be no way to get "regular FPs" from the FP kiosks currently in use. The T&C also state that regular FP and FP+ will be mutually exclusive.

Information from a CM should not be necessarily considered to be the de facto truth. I would venture to guess that conservatively 95% or more of the CMs at WDW have, at the moment, no real idea of how the final product will operate.
__________________
WDW: 42 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 350+ M&Gs);
Upcoming: June 2014 Disneyland (DLH); DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)

Last edited by mesaboy2; 04-25-2013 at 10:38 AM.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.