Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Tokyo Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #16
shelemm
DIS Veteran

Since you can visit Fortress Exploration at any time, of course it is not a priority.

However, realize at Disney Sea you'll be at the worlds most elaborate theme park, by quite a large margin. It is hard to comprehend unless you've been there. Nothing is purely for kids. Fortress Exploration is thoroughly stunning, particularly the indoor displays. you can see it in 30 minutes, but if you love taking photographs, you could spend longer there. It also contains the best exterior views in the park.

It does make sense to ride an attraction plus get the FP afterwards if you think you'll want to ride it again.

At Disney Sea, I don't think you'll be in that situation.

You might be in that situation for Pooh's Hunny Hunt in DL.
shelemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #17
shelemm
DIS Veteran

Also, we have bought our tickets only when we arrive. There is no advantage to pre-purchasing your tickets if you'll have to wait for the gates to open anyway.

If you are more than one person, split up and wait in line for admission and the other can buy the ticket. If you get there early, you will have loads of time to buy your ticket at the gate.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 03:04 AM   #18
mlozam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelemm View Post
Also, we have bought our tickets only when we arrive. There is no advantage to pre-purchasing your tickets if you'll have to wait for the gates to open anyway.

If you are more than one person, split up and wait in line for admission and the other can buy the ticket. If you get there early, you will have loads of time to buy your ticket at the gate.
This is a great idea, although I don't want others to think the "ticket-buyers"are cutting in line at the gate.

Is the Ticket Booth near the gates?
mlozam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:16 AM   #19
mlozam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Since you can visit Fortress Exploration at any time, of course it is not a priority.

However, realize at Disney Sea you'll be at the worlds most elaborate theme park, by quite a large margin. It is hard to comprehend unless you've been there. Nothing is purely for kids. Fortress Exploration is thoroughly stunning, particularly the indoor displays. you can see it in 30 minutes, but if you love taking photographs, you could spend longer there. It also contains the best exterior views in the park.
Ok, I have to make sure to relax and appreciate my surroundings rather than rush from one ride to another.

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #20
shelemm
DIS Veteran

The ticket booth is smack dab in the middle with the gate on either side. Nobody will think anything of it if one person joins another already on line.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
greenkai3000
Mouseketeer

So, just to make sure...The Japanese don't mind if someone in your party stays in line while someone else goes off and gets food, fast passes, or whatever, and jumps back in to re-join them? If so, does this apply for lines for rides, shows, and places being held for parades, all the same?
Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Resort Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012, Off-Site December 2013 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

greenkai3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #22
DreamSweetsLove
Loves Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkai3000 View Post
So, just to make sure...The Japanese don't mind if someone in your party stays in line while someone else goes off and gets food, fast passes, or whatever, and jumps back in to re-join them? If so, does this apply for lines for rides, shows, and places being held for parades, all the same?

It's ok for sure as long as you don't inconvenience other people. So if you are in line while someone is buying the tickets just make sure they get back in time before the gates open for example. Also it is nice if the group is not too big. Around 3 people is fine, 10 a bit obnoxious. For attractions I don't like to do it but the lines are long so if a child (or Adult) needs to us the restroom or on a hot day you need a drink it's ok.

For shows and parades there are specific rules in place. When you enter the line for a show your entire party must enter together. After you are in line you can leave to go to the bathroom or buy food (or get FP, maybe ride an attraction using FP, but just tell the cm you are going to the restroom as you are not really supposed to be leaving the line unless you need to..) For parades you can not hold a large space for a group using one person or bags to hold a position. If it is two people and one needs to use the bathroom or buy food that is ok. This changes at 1 hour before the show or parade start time. At this point you can open a plastic sheet to hold the place and one person can stay while your party moves around.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #23
shelemm
DIS Veteran

I concur with DreamsSweetsLove.

As long as one person stays in the line or on a mat for the parade, a small family is ok to go to the bathroom, etc. I saw people doing this and I followed suit. For a show entrance, two of us stayed while a third went for FPs. They opened the doors before our 'runner' returned, and I simply let everyone in front of me until we were all together.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #24
mlozam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The ticket booth is smack dab in the middle with the gate on either side. Nobody will think anything of it if one person joins another already on line.
Thanks, this helps a lot! It will save us a trip to the Disney Store to buy tickets.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: