Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #31
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

I am just not expecting it so I won't be disappointed either way. We are going 11/6-11/12.. if FD comes out then GREAT! As long as our check in date falls within the FD dates, we are good IF it happens at all. But I will be happy with just a room discount at this point, if that is all that comes out for November. Anything is better than nothing.

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #32
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbella16
I am just not expecting it so I won't be disappointed either way. We are going 11/6-11/12.. if FD comes out then GREAT! As long as our check in date falls within the FD dates, we are good IF it happens at all. But I will be happy with just a room discount at this point, if that is all that comes out for November. Anything is better than nothing.
You'd be better off with a room discount
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #33
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post

That would depend on where they are staying & how many in their party.. There are many times FD saves more. I did the math staying at POFQ or POR party of just two & with a 20% discount we save close to $300 with FD we save $778.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #34
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post

Highly doubtful, as they are staying at a moderate resort. A room only discount is generally only going to be better if you are staying at a deluxe and if the majority of your children are under 10.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #35
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
That would depend on where they are staying & how many in their party.. There are many times FD saves more. I did the math staying at POFQ or POR party of just two & with a 20% discount we save close to $300 with FD we save $778.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Well I already know that POFQ does not get good room only discounts.. they have been 5% off because they have no problem filling the resort since it is so small. POR (where we are staying) will get the better discount for that. I do think I will save much more with FD though.

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #36
Shaden
DIS Veteran

There really is no universal answer to the FD vs Room Discount.

Although generally, FD will be better.

IF you are planning to get Disney Dining plan, then FD is pretty much always better.

The only way it wouldn't be, is if your savings on your room per day are great then the 50/55$ per day per person that Dining costs.

So if its a 30% discount, if you room is 300/day, and you have 2 people, you are still better off with the free dining. Increase beyond 2 people, and FD will be better.

Now, that all depends on how well the Dining plan works for you, even though we have the DP booked for our next trip, I know it doesn't work well for us, but my wife likes to know its all taken care of ahead of time.

For us, we are better off getting APs, and a TIW card. We often split a QS meal for lunch, and often don't get the most expensive thing on the menu for dinner, which you basically have to do in order to get your monies worth.

So, there are combinations of Room discount, food discount or OOP food, that actually can save you more money then Free Dining, BUT, as a general rule, FD seems to work out best for most people.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:21 AM   #37
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
There really is no universal answer to the FD vs Room Discount.

Although generally, FD will be better.

IF you are planning to get Disney Dining plan, then FD is pretty much always better.

The only way it wouldn't be, is if your savings on your room per day are great then the 50/55$ per day per person that Dining costs.

So if its a 30% discount, if you room is 300/day, and you have 2 people, you are still better off with the free dining. Increase beyond 2 people, and FD will be better.

Now, that all depends on how well the Dining plan works for you, even though we have the DP booked for our next trip, I know it doesn't work well for us, but my wife likes to know its all taken care of ahead of time.

For us, we are better off getting APs, and a TIW card. We often split a QS meal for lunch, and often don't get the most expensive thing on the menu for dinner, which you basically have to do in order to get your monies worth.

So, there are combinations of Room discount, food discount or OOP food, that actually can save you more money then Free Dining, BUT, as a general rule, FD seems to work out best for most people.
I'm kind of like this too. We've done the DDP and the QSDP and I swore that the next time we go we will no NO dining plan at all because it's always just too much food, but there is something about having it all paid for before you go . So, for us, IF FD is offered when we go in December, we'll take it over a room discount (esp since I'm switching my ressie to POFQ....I think)

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: