Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #2041
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

I placed my order last week. This weekend I was ordering a cake for my son for the day of graduation---I knew he did not like red velvet so I asked him what other flavors--to my shock and horror he said that he no longer liked choc. cake. We do not do a lot of cake in our house. In the past choc. was his favorite.

Question--how hard will it be to call and change this. His cake is all choc. even the filling. Our choices were only choc. or vanilla. So now I need a vanilla cake and a different filling. We don't go until next month, but is it hard to change once you have ordered?
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip
(19) (16) (8) (6)
Old 04-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #2042
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Villain Cake

Has anyone done a Chernabog cake? I was wondering if it would be possible to get Chernabog on his mountain on the top of the cake with the spirits wrapped around the bottom. Hubby's 30th is coming up and he loves Chernabog and loved the Tangled cake we got for our anniversary

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #2043
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanakan View Post

when they write dark chocolate filling and frosting, is it also a buttercream?
Usually what Disney calls "filling" is more of a mousse, but certain cakes do just have the same buttercream inside that's on the outside. I would definitely confirm what you're getting with the bakery if it's important to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigget74 View Post
I placed my order last week. This weekend I was ordering a cake for my son for the day of graduation---I knew he did not like red velvet so I asked him what other flavors--to my shock and horror he said that he no longer liked choc. cake. We do not do a lot of cake in our house. In the past choc. was his favorite.

Question--how hard will it be to call and change this. His cake is all choc. even the filling. Our choices were only choc. or vanilla. So now I need a vanilla cake and a different filling. We don't go until next month, but is it hard to change once you have ordered?
It is not hard at all, but I would be sure to call back a few days before to reconfirm the new flavors so that they don't accidentally give you the ones you originally asked for.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #2044
CakeManBri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanakan View Post
Will be ordering a cake from Yacht club for dh birthday (for illumination cruise).

I've checked out the cakes and cannot make up my mind taste-wise, which cake is tastier - the mickey cake with mousse filling and ganache, or the 8 inch cake with dark chocolate filling and frosting.

has anyone tried eighther of them ? can I get some advice which is tastier?

when they write dark chocolate filling and frosting, is it also a buttercream?
They both have the same filling at locations in the Contemporary, Magic Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge And Fort Wilderness. Hope that helps!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #2045
kjrmorgan
Earning My Ears

first bday cake

hello all..we are styaing at the all star movis resot in mid May and celebrating my baby boys 1st birthday. I would like to have a custom made cake made and either delivered to the room or picked up by us...can you please hep me on what route I should go? i have been trying to find an answer thru the thread but with an almost 1 year old by time is limiteed. Thanks in advcance
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #2046
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrmorgan View Post
hello all..we are styaing at the all star movis resot in mid May and celebrating my baby boys 1st birthday. I would like to have a custom made cake made and either delivered to the room or picked up by us...can you please hep me on what route I should go? i have been trying to find an answer thru the thread but with an almost 1 year old by time is limiteed. Thanks in advcance
I copied this from the first page of this thread:

All-Star Resorts 407-827-2253
6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream available at food court
No 8-inch or 10-inch cakes
12-inch $30 white, chocolate, yellow or marble cake with vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
1/2 sheet cake $65, same options as 12-inch cake
Full sheet cake $130, same options as 12-inch cake

Otherwise look at the first page and you could pick one up at the Boardwalk Bakery I think.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV,VWL,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 04-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #2047
lurkyloo

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this Tangled/Rapunzel cake made by the Grand Floridian's pastry team for a wedding. EDITED: Helpful DISer YCFAN got a quote on this cake for us from the GF: $750

Last edited by lurkyloo; 05-09-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Got a price!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #2048
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this Tangled/Rapunzel cake made by the Grand Floridian's pastry team for a wedding. I don't even want to think about how much it cost...
Wow that is a fantastic cake!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #2049
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this Tangled/Rapunzel cake made by the Grand Floridian's pastry team for a wedding. I don't even want to think about how much it cost...
Wow! That's almost too gorgeous to eat!

Old 04-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #2050
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Beautiful tangled cake, reminds me of our wedding cake, we did the lantern scene with remnants of the tower on the bottom and the sun on the second tier, wasn't made at Disney though.

Back to Disney cakes though, how does one word a request for the side images on the cake like the haunted mansion wallpaper, cinderella images or family photos I have seen in the gallery and what is the 2d image sticking out of the cake called?

When I request hubby's chernabog cake I want to make sure they understand what I am asking for, thanks

DLP- September 2013
Old 04-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #2051
Lesley84
Earning My Ears

another cake question

does anyone know if they can fit 3 of the flat chocolate figures on a 6 in cake?? I was wanting to get a cake for each of my kids, but after seeing the price, I and just going to go for one cake and 3 figures...

June 1990: off resort
June 1996: off resort
June 2010: off resort
October 2013: All Star Movies
February 2015: Undecided

Old 04-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #2052
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelFloyd View Post
Beautiful tangled cake, reminds me of our wedding cake, we did the lantern scene with remnants of the tower on the bottom and the sun on the second tier, wasn't made at Disney though.
Ooh! I'd love to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelFloyd View Post
Back to Disney cakes though, how does one word a request for the side images on the cake like the haunted mansion wallpaper, cinderella images or family photos I have seen in the gallery and what is the 2d image sticking out of the cake called?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley84 View Post
does anyone know if they can fit 3 of the flat chocolate figures on a 6 in cake?? I was wanting to get a cake for each of my kids, but after seeing the price, I and just going to go for one cake and 3 figures...
Those are all screen prints. When you're talking about standing screen prints on white chocolate, the pastry chef can tell you how many will fit on top. Seems like they could just make them smaller, if necessary...
Old 04-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #2053
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

This is the wedding cake and groom's cake, hubby and I designed them and had them made by my MOH's friend here in Texas.

DLP- September 2013
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #2054
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Those Tangled cakes are adorable!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 04-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #2055
lurkyloo

Great ideas! Now I want a Pascal cake...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: