Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #1771
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

April 17th, 2013 - Downtown Disney with Mark!

I spent my morning at the Boardwalk today and then headed back home to laid in my bed for a few hours. I was sad and exhausted so I just needed some time to relax.

Mark came home from work and dragged me out of bed so we could go to Downtown Disney. We went to Wolfgang Puck Express and I got a margherita pizza. It tasted so good.

Mark got the Macaroni and Cheese and some Cheesecake!

Then we walked around Downtown Disney. We went to the pin store and they JUST cut off the line for the pin wall when we got there. I was so sad.

We went into Design a Tee and Mark created a T-Shirt! It was white with Peter Pan on it and it says “Did somebody say adventure??” Seriously though, it’s adorable.

Then we went into Tren-D and I found a new Mickey dress that they released. It looks like... Coronado style. So obviously, I had to get it. AHHH! (Please excuse the poor lighting)

Then we went into World of Disney and looked around. Downtown Disney was so crowded tonight. We went back and picked up Mark’s shirt and then we headed back to the apartments! I was ready for a good night’s sleep.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 11-19-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #1772
Beth521
Earning My Ears

I look forward to your posts, and admire how cheerful you are and seem to enjoy life so much no matter what comes your way!

Beth521 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #1773
DreamingofCastles
Earning My Ears

I was so excited that you had posted new updates today! You know that all your followers are supportive of you! You have an awesome opportunity to follow your heart's desire! All I can say is follow your dreams, girl!
PS. That dress is TOO cute!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #1774
CariAEB
Earning My Ears

So... we were in the world last week - my kiddos first trip finally, and we stayed at the Boardwalk and I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED YOU! My daughter traded pins with the concierge like every day!

I was briefly granted access on Twitter again and posted that to you, but alas I am blocked again.

Anyway, we also had dinner at Be Our Guest and I had the steak and my husband had that seafood thing in the puff pastry and I also had that chocolate cupcake. It was SO good. I'm already missing everything and want to go back!!

Thanks for all you do for us fans - I LOVE reading your updates.

And minimal comments on the other topic... "Hugs, been there".
Sep 2006 – Wilderness Lodge
Sep 2009 – Saratoga Springs
Apr 2013 – Boardwalk
Feb 2014 - Yacht & Beach Club (Corporate Annual Meeting)
CariAEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #1775
EeyoreEma
DIS Veteran

Love the updates! I'm so glad that you and your dad had such a wonderful father/daughter trip! Sounds perfect!! And hugs to you - follow your dreams, and God will take you where He means you to be.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #1776
Marl
Mouseketeer

Nat looks so different with her hair like that, I like it
Am I right in thinking it was lighter and curly on the trip report where you surprised Kristen? I'll go and have a look.

Sorry for the dumb question but, what is a Campus Rep?
Would that be back at home in the Fall, or at Disney?

We love hanging out on Poly beach too, especially for the water pageant and fireworks.
April 1995 DLRP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 1998 Hawthorn Suites I.Drive, Nov 1999 Enclave Suites I.Drive, Nov 2003 Orlando Home, Feb 2006 Orlando Home, Aug 2009 Caribbean Beach Resort, Aug 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, Aug 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter, Oct 2011 DLRP Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2013 POFQ & Beach Club Aug 2014 - AoA & AKL
Marl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #1777
Plaid Sheep
What you get when two areas collide

Yeah for daddy/daughter trips and for the Poly and for campus rep and stealing a dog and for new dresses and graduation NOT THAT FAR AWAY!!!!

Plaid Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #1778
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

First, I suddenly want another dog. Shame my dog is a one-dog only kind of dog. Hopefully the puppy finds a new home soon!

And wow re Citricos! Have to admit it wasn't even on my radar as I'm looking at restaurants to try when we go but I will definitely be considering it in the future. And yes, the shirts are awesome -- I made one for my DH for this coming Father's Day with Sully in his "scare" pose and underneath that it says "Daddy". He does love to play monster. Glad you had such a great trip with your dad.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #1779
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

We were at DTD on the night of the 17th! So sorry we didn't see you but it was very busy! Our hometown music school had a group perform on the stage. We also ate at Wolgang-funny.

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #1780
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

I am seriously loving all the new updates. Makes my heart smile. Also, do you EVER have a bad hair day? I mean in every picture it looks just perfect. I do believe I will be seeing you around the parks as Jasmine or Belle or both...LOL.

I am sorry about your recent circumstances. Such is life - right? But it will all work out in the end. Keep doing what your doing and enjoy the Great Big Beautiful tomorrow <~~~~ cheesy I know.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .
ChattaAlley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #1781
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Thank you once again for being so open and honest about your journey!!

I think the dog story was actually my favourite part being an animal lover. So awesome! And Pep looks so much like the dog I had as a kid.

I particularly loved the "Back to Disney" portion since I had just signed up for twitter for an upcoming trip (4 days), and these were the first twitter posts I saw. For some reason I just thought that was cool to recognize them in your updates.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #1782
FancyNancy
Princess

I'm all caught up on your report again. I loved reading about your father/daughter getaway at the Poly. How special is that? It was nice to see you and Kristin reunited as well and how nice is it that you were able to go home for a couple of days and enjoy some TLC and your mom's cooking? I bookmarked my spot here. I had subbed into your report initially but my inbox was inundated with every single response you got on here!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #1783
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Lovin the update-palooza going on here!

First off your last day at the poly sounds like it was really fun! Cool that your dad got to spend some time with your DCP friends! That's so awesome that your dad wanted to play the name that song game! I need to spend more time at Disney pools so I can see what all they have to offer! Seriously that lack of time I spend at the resort is appalling. Hopefully once I (hopefully) do my DCP I will be able to spend time just exploring the resorts and have a chance to stay at some different resorts. Your reports have inspired me to try some different aspects of disney that never intrigued me before or I hadn't done in a long time (like pin trading).

Love your goal of dining in every Disney restraunt in WDW! You are on your DCP after all so why not try to do as much unique disney things as possible. If you don't do it while your living in Disney who knows when you will do it!

Sorry the trip home didn't go as planned. At least you got to spend lots of time with your fellow frumps (as an aside I have been doing the whimsical disney gram april challenge and the picture theme today was Frump!). Also love the story about the dog. It really seemed to like you and want to spend time with you. Yay for campus rep as well I said this to you on twitter but I really do think you would be perfect for the job. I really can't think of anyone better for the job! I mean Kristen would be great at it too but out of people applying for it and are eligible for it right now no one fits the bill more than you! It would be a great way to embrace disney in your regular life which is insanely important for us disney fans!

That flight attendant you had on the flight back sounds awesome!!!!! How cool that he works at Disney as well! I love when magical moments happen even while in transit between disney and the real world!

Lucky you that your welcome home meal was at Be our Guest! I'm seriously obsessed with those cupcakes! That chocolate cupcake is FABULOUS!!! I LOVE a nice moist Disney cupcake!!! Also excited for you that you got to try the grey stuff! I haven't actually had the grey stuff but based on pictures of it I would agree that they should serve people more of the grey stuff! I'm obsessed with anything cookies and cream flavored so I'm probably just going to say its my birthday if I ever get a dinner reservation at be our guest! I wish that they would make the grey stuff available during lunch.

Also glad you had such a great experience at the boardwalk! I could tell based on your tweets that this really helped you get psyched for staying there. Also can't wait to hear what its like actually being in DIsney on your birthday. As i'm sure you can understand I have never been able to swing being in Disney on my birthday (Also May 8th btw but Im pretty sure I have mentioned that before)! May (especially early may) is such a busy time for me so between end of school stuff academically, socially and activity wise it has been pretty much impossible for me to be in disney on my actual birthday. I have celebrated my birthday in disney before but that is because I fibbed a little and celebrated a little later.

Looking forward to hearing more
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Last edited by Jazzabelle508; 04-23-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #1784
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

I loved reading about your father/daughter trip. So precious.

Aww that dog is so cute! Hopefully she finds a home soon!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #1785
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Seriously, the next best thing to having a Disney College Program experience MUST be living it vicariously through your posts here. Thank you So Much for putting in so much effort to share it with us. I've followed along since the beginning and can't tell you how much I've enjoyed it. So thanks, and good luck girl. I think it's pretty clear you'll do great with everything that comes your way!
dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: