DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
theguda
Mouseketeer

Hey BWV owners, i have a ? for you!

If I buy a BWV contract and I get online the minute I can book at my 11 month window...will I have any problems getting a standard view studio during F&W?

I love EPCOT and this is the main reason I'm considering a contract. But if there is a good chance I won't get a std view studio it defeats the purpose for me.
theguda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

How are you at playing the lotto?

There is no way to tell what other people are going to do. If they book all of the rooms starting 2 days before your desired check in date and book for several days you are out of luck.

Any resort or room category with fewer rooms will be more of a challenge.

It's all in the numbers.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

I think it's always a good plan to budget for the higher view categories just in case standard view isn't available for all your nights. Standard view villas make up less than 20 percent of BWV, so at busy times (October through January) it can take a little luck to get them.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguda View Post
If I buy a BWV contract and I get online the minute I can book at my 11 month window...will I have any problems getting a standard view studio during F&W?......(snip).....
No, you won't.

Of course, nothing in life is ever 100% guaranteed, but it would be very unlikely that you would not be able to get what you want if you book a soon as the 11 month window opens. If you did not get what you wanted, a waitlist should do the trick.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguda View Post
If I buy a BWV contract and I get online the minute I can book at my 11 month window...will I have any problems getting a standard view studio during F&W?

I love EPCOT and this is the main reason I'm considering a contract. But if there is a good chance I won't get a std view studio it defeats the purpose for me.
If you have enough points to walk a reservation you should be fine but if you don't you will have to hope that not many are walking their reservations! I was locked out from booking this past Dec 1 because there was no availability the day of my 11th month booking window! I quickly learned how to walk a reservation and thankfully I have enough BWV points to do so-)
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

You should be ok if you are online at 8:00 AM on the day the window opens. The SV at BWV are not quite as bad as the Concierge villas at AKL, or even the value units at AKL, where there are only a small handful of rooms. There are quite a few Standard View rooms at Boardwalk, just do not wait and expect to still find availability later in the day.

There are:
14 Dedicated Studios
20 1 Bedrooms
25 2 Bedroom Lockoffs (1 bedroom + Studio)

So there are potentially 39 SV studios. In reality there won't be this many available as some will be reserved as part of a two bedroom unit. But you should still be fine at 11 months. We have never had any problems getting exactly what we wanted at BW at 11 months, although we do not travel on holidays, we have done F&W several times.

My only recommendation is not to buy a contract that only has exactly the amount of points needed for a SV studio during F&W for # of days you want. The point charts are adjusted periodically a point or two here and there, (The total points allocated for all units never changes though), so you could be in a situation where you are a point or two short if the chart is ever adjusted higher. The moral here is buy more than you need, you can always bank and take a longer vacation or get a larger unit the next year.

Last edited by cwdefouw; 04-22-2013 at 07:35 AM.
cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #7
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Most of the time you will get it, but there is a slim chance you won't. I own at BWV for the exact reason you stated. This year I monitored prior to booking and saw how quickly the first night would go. I got on at the exact minute and booked my trip and the first day was going within 15 minutes of the window opening. Yes I got my reservation, but since my reservation was for 14 nights, I called each day afterwards to add the next day until I got my entire reservation. I also booked a standard studio for my DD for the second week and that week was a little easier. I monitored the first day after I successfully booked it and noticed that it did not sell out for at least a couple of days (that was the last week of October). Unfortunately if the first day of the reservation is not available you either have to waitlist for the entire week, or wait until the next day and hope that start date and the following days are available. So the bottom line is that there is NO guarantee that you'll get the reservation, but your chances are better than a non-BWV owner. It's just that there are so many of us BWV owners competing for the same rooms. I've never "walked" a reservation, but some folks do that, which was evident as the availability would change throughout the day during the 11 month window, which meant folks were calling and modifying their reservations.
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

We've never NOT gotten a 1- BR SV, including in December, but I'm always right there on the first day I can book, in the first hour I can get it!
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #9
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

I have no idea, but we are in the process - waiting for closing on our first BWV contract. We are past the 11 month window already - but I am hoping that we will still be able to get some sort of room for our stay the week of March 17th.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: