Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
Fla
Earning My Ears

Advice for 1day trip

Hi,

I'am travelling to disneyland on 17th May this year. I plan to do the 2 parks in 1 day what advice would you have for me? I plan to do walt disney studios for the first part of the day, is this a good idea?
I will be mainly going for the big thrill rides will prob skip the parades and kiddie stuff. Is it possible to do both parks in 1 day if i do this?
Also any tips on getting from Beauvais to disneyland i arrive late so the cheap shuttle bus is over at this time?

Any help is appreciated
Thanks Guys
Fla
Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
addverbaan
DIS Veteran

Hi. Friday the 17th is the start of a long holiday weekend in France and other parts of Europe, so I would go prepared for it to be VERY busy. However, if you dont watch the parades and only do the big rides, you should be able to get a fair amount done. Definatly get there at opening time and make the most of the fastpass. Have a fab time!
Amanda
addverbaan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #3
Fla
Earning My Ears

Thanks Amanda,

And here was me thinking i was picking a good date to go, thought school's would still be in going i'm staying close to the park so will be there for opening.

Would you have any tips on the rides i should go on in each park and the ones that are not so good. Been to loads of theme parks and some rides look good but turn out to be kinda boring. I have researched the fastpass and will use that throughout the day. I think ill go to some of the more popular rides first thing and later in the day..

Is there any other general advice you may have for me? What is the weather like at that time of year? I'm guessing it would be pretty good?

Thanks for your advice, really appreciate it. Really looking forward to it.

Fla
Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
addverbaan
DIS Veteran

Hi
you are right about the schools not being on hols, so maybe it will be less busy then I am guessing. We are arriving 20th which will be super busy!

If you planning on riding Crush Coaster in the studio, I would get in the line for gate opening around 9.30am if possilbe. Once gates are open, run straight to Crush! That would you should be on and off within about 20mins - the rest of the time there is a hour plus wait time and there is no fastpass for this ride. If you only like the big rides, I would suggest taking a fastpass for Tower of Terror after Crush, then walking round to RC Racer (this ride also has a single rider line which helps really speed things up if it is busy) I would then hop on tower of terror then walk round to Rock and Roller Coaster. That is really it for the really big rides in the Studios.
Will come back later with tips for the park itself

Amanda
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
Fla
Earning My Ears

That's a great help i will do exactly this.

One other thing that came to my head, i read in a few different place that you can bring food in with you, but some people say you cant bring anything in with you have you had any experience with this side of things?
Old 04-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
addverbaan
DIS Veteran

You can bring quite a lot of food in with you - just not a cool box full of a picknick We have been known to take sandwiches, crisps, choc fruit and other snacks plus cold drinks and in winter even a thermos with coffee Save's a fortune doing this!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
shellbdb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla
That's a great help i will do exactly this.

One other thing that came to my head, i read in a few different place that you can bring food in with you, but some people say you cant bring anything in with you have you had any experience with this side of things?
You can take food in with you but there are no designated areas to eat it inside the parks. The idea of no food being allowed is from people bringing in huge picnics and trying to set this out in the park grounds. A selection of snacks and drinks to have on the move or sat on a bench to keep you going throughout the day is fine.
Counting down to DLP Hotel New York Nov 2013
shellbdb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: