Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #331
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

This is a "canned" response modified for the Armed Forces Salute 2012/2013 tickets with the assumption you have both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More (WPF&M) options.

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privileges on one card. Everything expires at Midnight on Saturday September 28, 2013. Even if you use up all your major park days, the WPF&M entries remain valid until used or 9/28/13. (Note you do not have to use the days consecutively.)

You have four days of access to the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have four entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, OT, TL, WWS, FG, W-SL). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, Oak Trail in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening of one day you would have used three of the four entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the WPF&M option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #332
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

activation

So I have a question, hubby bought 2 tickets on base (im the spouse) one was for me and the other was a friend. but now she had to cancle, she stated she would pay for the tix still but im trying to find a way to help her out so she doesnt have to lose out on any $$$. Hubby brought the tix home and they are the wdw credit card type. im assuming its based off fingerprint scan also and she will need to be there (or anyone else that may want to use it) with me at the time of activation. Correct?

Im used to DLAND tix where they are still paper printed and you just need the sponser there to activate it along "another party" since they dont do finger scans.

Thanks for any info.

Also if anyone has any ideas on how to pass it on without either of us losing money it would be greatly appriciated. Im going May 1-6th so if there is anyone that needs a 4day park hopper for $156 look me up! lol thanks all..
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #333
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
So I have a question, hubby bought 2 tickets on base (im the spouse) one was for me and the other was a friend. but now she had to cancle, she stated she would pay for the tix still but im trying to find a way to help her out so she doesnt have to lose out on any $$$. Hubby brought the tix home and they are the wdw credit card type. im assuming its based off fingerprint scan also and she will need to be there (or anyone else that may want to use it) with me at the time of activation. Correct?

Im used to DLAND tix where they are still paper printed and you just need the sponser there to activate it along "another party" since they dont do finger scans.

Thanks for any info.

Also if anyone has any ideas on how to pass it on without either of us losing money it would be greatly appriciated. Im going May 1-6th so if there is anyone that needs a 4day park hopper for $156 look me up! lol thanks all..
Hi, There is no way to activate the ticket for your friend without her being with you at WDW. (It is against Disney's published policy)

What are your plans for the trip, how many days in the parks?

You are there for 7 days (1-6 May) you could use both tickets yourself, back-to-back those 7 days.

You could try to sell them on eBay or a similar venue, but you have no way to prove the ticket isn't used. People are VERY leery of buying Disney tickets like this so you'll get nowhere near what you paid (probably around $40, I wouldn't pay more).

Good luck, Steve

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival

Last edited by Steve TLT; 04-04-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #334
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

Your friend doesn't have to be there for you to activate the ticket for her to use at a later date, if you wanted to do that. Finger scans aren't done at the time of activation. You will have to give your friend's name and address; most of the CMs write the person's first name on the back of the ticket with a Magic Marker. I presume this is done only to prevent you from mixing up the tickets. The tickets are only good until the end of September, though.

There's absolutely NO reason you can't use the second ticket yourself or let another friend use it. Until they've been used once, they're not really the exclusive property of that person. I think CMs use the name and address to verify if the ticket is lost. Military people often have change of plans that might mean a person couldn't go at the last minute; the ticket doesn't need to be wasted.

It is, however, illegal to sell the ticket on eBay to someone you don't know. The tickets are supposed to be used for family and friends, not strangers and definitely not for profit!(I know you're not doing that)

You could always stop by Guest Relations and tell them the name of the person using that ticket had changed, although it's probably not necessary. It's only a problem if your friend has used a day on it; then it can't (or at least shouldn't) be used by anyone else, since it's tied to a fingerprint.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #335
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post

Thanks for any info.

I would probably first try having your husband go back to the ITT office on base and ask if they could possibly refund the money for the ticket. It's probably a long shot, but you never know. If he had a copy of your plane itinerary to show that you haven't been to Florida yet and there's no way the ticket could have been used, he might have a chance.

Failing that, maybe you could activate the ticket, then upgrade it to a 2-day base ticket. You could keep that ticket forever, as long as it's unused, and apply it to your next vacation.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #336
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
Failing that, maybe you could activate the ticket, then upgrade it to a 2-day base ticket. You could keep that ticket forever, as long as it's unused, and apply it to your next vacation.
I would agree with this idea. Just make sure you do not use the AFST prior to upgrading it, and make sure you do not use the ticket you upgrade it to. On a subsequent trip you could take that ticket and also upgrade it as needed.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #337
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

I'm sure that this is all up in the air still, but I'd figure I'd put it out there...

Does anyone know if those using Armed Forces Salute tickets will be able to take advantage of FP+ (reserving in advance)?

We are looking at going to WDW again in October, and I'm imagining FP+ will be up and running by then. Our arrival day would be Oct 1, with the first day in the parks being Oct 2. Based on the current promotion, we wouldn't be able to *purchase* the AFS tickets until Oct. 1, as that would be the first day they'd be on sale for the 2013/14 promotion (if a 2013/14 promotion happens, which I know isn't a given). If FP remained the same as it is now, that'd be fine...we'd just buy AFS tickets when we check into Shades of Green on Oct 1.

With trying to get FP+ online, though, I'm wondering if we'd even have the opportunity to use FP+. For 60 days out, they'd have to put tickets on sale on Aug 1 (which is around when they announced the 2012/13 promotion) in order for people coming on Oct 1 to be able to participate and not be at a disadvantage compared to those purchasing regular MYW tickets. I'm just not sure that's likely to happen...but at the same time, if AFS can use FP+, it would kind of suck for Disney not to give AFS holders the same 60 days as everyone else...

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #338
chascougs
Earning My Ears

I purchased 6 tickets last year for the family, can I buy 6 more this year? Also I bought them at ticket office outside Quest in DTD, if able to buy tickets this year can I still get them at DTD? Thanks
chascougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #339
Steve TLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chascougs View Post
I purchased 6 tickets last year for the family, can I buy 6 more this year? Also I bought them at ticket office outside Quest in DTD, if able to buy tickets this year can I still get them at DTD? Thanks
It depends on when last year. The current Disney Armed Forces Salute offer period during which you are allowed 6 tickets is 1 October 2012 - 28 September 2013.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Old 04-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #340
chascougs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
It depends on when last year. The current Disney Armed Forces Salute offer period during which you are allowed 6 tickets is 1 October 2012 - 28 September 2013.
Went last April for spring break so I am good to go for a trip in July then right? And I can buy then again at a Disney ticket office?
chascougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #341
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #17, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Old 04-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #342
SKTiger
Mouseketeer

We're planning a trip towards the end of October of this year. Any idea when/if a new military offer would be released?
SKTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #343
Steve TLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKTiger View Post
We're planning a trip towards the end of October of this year. Any idea when/if a new military offer would be released?
I have a good feeling SKTiger.

See this page

Old 04-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #344
SKTiger
Mouseketeer

Signed up. Thanks, Steve!
SKTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #345
totallytigger
Mouseketeer

KTTW cards

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. . We are going to WDW in May and staying at Pop Century but will be getting our park tickets at SOG. Will we be able to have the front desk at Pop add our tickets onto our KTTW cards? It would be easier to keep track of one set of cards rather than two.

totallytigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: