Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #76
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

I rarely go through the drive-through, especially if there are more than two cars in the line. It's just easier, and usually faster, to go inside and order.

And by going inside I know I'm getting a straw for my drink, and ketchup and salt for my fries and a couple of napkins because I put them in the bag myself.

Oh, is it wrong to take "extra" of those things for those rare occasions when I do go through the drive-through and the employee forgets to give me those things?

That has happened a couple of times, so occasionally I'll take extra to just keep in my car for those times, and I do kind of feel guilty about taking more than I need at that particular moment, but then when it happens I'm glad I have the extras.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:08 AM   #77
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
Now see I dont want that kethcup bc it is at the bottom of the bag and it is warm...bleh. I always throw it out. I use my own from home that is room temp. I wish they would not put kethcup in my bag and waste it.
Off topic but...you don't keep your ketchup in the fridge. I've always kept mine in the fridge, in fact it says on the label "refrigerate after opening" (I just checked).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 06:12 AM   #78
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombrontrent View Post
Off topic but...you don't keep your ketchup in the fridge. I've always kept mine in the fridge, in fact it says on the label "refrigerate after opening" (I just checked).
We always keep our ketchup in the fridge. I would be afraid it would go bad after it was opening
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #79
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugardimples
On the other side of this coin, if you are the one working at the drive thru, please speak clearly so that I can understand what you are saying. Take the marbles out of your mouth, slow down and articulate. All too often, I get a bunch of noice that cannot be understood. That also slows down the entire process.
Yes!!! This is why I never use drive thru. I am also terrible with understanding English spoken by someone with a heavy a accent. Just easier to go inside.
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #80
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombrontrent View Post
Ketchup is shelf-stable and does not *have* to be refrigerated, but will last longer if it is refrigerated. See FAQ on Heinz's website: http://www.heinzketchup.com/faq.aspx that's why so many restaurants leave ketchup on the table, but have to bring you mustard or mayo.

We always keep ours in the fridge, too, although I prefer it room temperature (or even slightly warm from the bag). That's why I'm disappointed when I don't get my ketchup packets!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 AM   #81
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR

I just read the OP's post and this was my reaction too! I will now read the rest.

I still think the OP's you don't belong list is mostly ridiculous. Maybe get a different job where you don't have to deal with the general public. After all, it's just the drive-through.
Really so you never complain about your job? God I wish I was as perfect as you.

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
kevschickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #82
JosieCat
Mouseketeer

To those saying I should get another job, I would suggest you don't know all the facts.

#1 I walk to work, so I had to find a place close enough that I can walk there.

#2 I already have another job, and that's being a mom to a special needs teenager. I was lucky enough to find something I can do several odd hours everyday and still be home when I am needed. And, these times change over the summer.

#3 I adore the people I work with - bright, funny people who have become my friends, and do take pride in doing my job well. As I said before, I do like helping people...though the ones who insist on being rude, not so much. And there are some days when I feel like I want to find the nearest wall and smash my head into it repeatedly.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #83
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieCat
To those saying I should get another job, I would suggest you don't know all the facts.

#1 I walk to work, so I had to find a place close enough that I can walk there.

#2 I already have another job, and that's being a mom to a special needs teenager. I was lucky enough to find something I can do several odd hours everyday and still be home when I am needed. And, these times change over the summer.

#3 I adore the people I work with - bright, funny people who have become my friends, and do take pride in doing my job well. As I said before, I do like helping people...though the ones who insist on being rude, not so much. And there are some days when I feel like I want to find the nearest wall and smash my head into it repeatedly.
There is no reason why you should have to explain. We all have complaints about our jobs.

Danica 5 DH 32

Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #84
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevschickee View Post
There is no reason why you should have to explain. We all have complaints about our jobs.
This

My guess is some of these people carp about their jobs/lives on a daily basis themselves. If you didn't have a job and collected freebies, they'd give you advice about that too. Like take a job, any job, even if you don't like it.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #85
CharityLynn
DIS Veteran

My drive-thru complaint has been sort of mentioned in the thread, here the 2 order windows at McDonald's have just become popular. I have on 2 separate occasions at 2 locations, watched a grown man get out of their vehicle and scream at a car for "cutting" in line. One man was cursing a blue streak at the woman and pounded on her rolled up window. Then flipped her off before heading to his car...my daughter wondered why the man was being so mean.

People need to take a deep breath and lighten up.

Also since people are saying if you have a "large order"..what qualifies as a large order? If you order 5 meals for your 5 family members is that too big for drive-thru?
Bay Lake Tower 10/10

CharityLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #86
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevschickee View Post
And better to complain on a random message board then to your customers.

OP, ignore the people who say you can't complain about your job.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #87
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by design_mom View Post
Ketchup is shelf-stable and does not *have* to be refrigerated, but will last longer if it is refrigerated. See FAQ on Heinz's website: http://www.heinzketchup.com/faq.aspx that's why so many restaurants leave ketchup on the table, but have to bring you mustard or mayo.

We always keep ours in the fridge, too, although I prefer it room temperature (or even slightly warm from the bag). That's why I'm disappointed when I don't get my ketchup packets!
It says for best results...we use a lot of ketchup around here so it doesnt last very long. As a kid growing up, we always kept it in the fridge. DH does not like it in the fridge, showed me that it was unnecessary, and that has been how we been eating ever since. Now mayo and mustard are in the fridge. It has definitely not been in the fridge when sitting on the table at restaurants or the little packets.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #88
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
It says for best results...we use a lot of ketchup around here so it doesnt last very long. As a kid growing up, we always kept it in the fridge. DH does not like it in the fridge, showed me that it was unnecessary, and that has been how we been eating ever since. Now mayo and mustard are in the fridge. It has definitely not been in the fridge when sitting on the table at restaurants or the little packets.
Yes, if you're using a lot of ketchup it does not need to be refrigerated. THat's why restaurants just leave it on the table. It will be used before it goes bad. I don't know of any restaurants that leave mustard and mayo on the table anymore (some did when I was a kid), unless it's in the little vacuum-sealed packets. I wouldn't use mustard/mayo (particularly mayo) that have been left sitting like that.

We don't use a lot of ketchup at our house so I keep it in the refrigerator. However, I don't like it cold, so we probably use even less ketchup than we would otherwise (because I'd rather do without than eat my fries with refrigerator-cold ketchup.) It's a vicious circle! ;-)
Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #89
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Just wanted to pipe in. I stopped at Wendys yesterday which I have not done in years, but this thread inspired me to want fries. I ordered a junion bacon cheeseburger 1.69, a value size drink .99, and a biggie fries 1.69. They tell me the total 315. I tell the guy that doesn't add up correctly. He asks me to repeat my order, I do. He tells me it is correct. I get to the pay window. The girl again says 3.15. I tell her this is incorrect. She asks me to repeat my order. I do. I get a blank stare. She repeats 3.15. I tell her it should be closer to 5 and something is wrong with my order. Blank stare. This girl speaks perfect english. But has no idea what planet she might inhabit. I ask her to please READ IT BACK TO ME. SHe does, she has a cheeseburger instead of a junior bacon cheeseburger. I explain how this is incorrect. Blank stare. A gentleman comes over I explain my situation. 2 blank stares. He assures me it will be fixed. I pay. They take 315. I go tot he next window and take my cheeseburger and give up on the future of humanity.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #90
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Lol I don't have trouble usually except for Dunkin Donuts.

Danica 5 DH 32

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: