Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #106
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
Found this on the January board while looking for more info on the Vroom Vroom code :

Needless to say, I cancelled my reservation with that code! Although it might work at the kiosk, I'm not willing to take that chance...
Hmm. I saw so many posts of people who had no trouble with it
And there's someone in this thread who has used it repeatedly with no issues. I wonder why some can use it and not others.
I am concerned now as well.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #107
brettb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
And there's someone in this thread who has used it repeatedly with no issues. I wonder why some can use it and not others.
On FlyerTalk, I think they call it the DIS effect.
8-9/'11 AKL (Free dining!)
8/10 Polynesian (40% PIN)
7/09 AKL (7-for-4 + AP discount)
8/08 AKL (Free dining!) & 5/08 Coronado Springs Resort
12/07 Animal Kingdom Lodge
9-10/06 Pop Century (Free dining!)
10/05 Wilderness Lodge (Free dining!)
12/04 Grand Floridian & 6/04 Polynesian
8/03 Contemporary for 15 minutes, Grand Floridian for the rest of the trip
10/02 Polynesian
1976-96 Contemporary, Village Resort, All-Star Sports, Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Off-property
brettb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #108
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I still have both my National reservation as well as Alamo w/the Vroom Vroom code. Methinks I may hang onto the National one after all .

I not only don't want to have issues at the time of pick up, I also don't want to be fretting from now until August about the potential for issues at pick up, KWIM?

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #109
brettb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
I still have both my National reservation as well as Alamo w/the Vroom Vroom code. Methinks I may hang onto the National one after all .

I not only don't want to have issues at the time of pick up, I also don't want to be fretting from now until August about the potential for issues at pick up, KWIM?
Is your National reservation with the KLM code? Considering that also includes the LDW like the Alamo Vroom Vroom code, my gut is telling me that it, too, is intended for non-North American customers.

I'm holding a KLM reservation myself but I have a backup with the xz53043 code. I am also going to keep watching for price drops with other codes that don't include LDW/CDW.
10/02 Polynesian
1976-96 Contemporary, Village Resort, All-Star Sports, Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Off-property
Old 04-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #110
MrsDoubtfire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Found this on the January board while looking for more info on the Vroom Vroom code :

Needless to say, I cancelled my reservation with that code! Although it might work at the kiosk, I'm not willing to take that chance...

Thank you for posting this . I had a funny feeling that this code was too good to be true. Since I am not at all an International traveler, I will not take a chance with using this code and then be turned away once we go to pick up a rental car.

Back to the drawing board, so to speak.
MrsDoubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #111
Gretchen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
Is your National reservation with the KLM code? Considering that also includes the LDW like the Alamo Vroom Vroom code, my gut is telling me that it, too, is intended for non-North American customers.

I'm holding a KLM reservation myself but I have a backup with the xz53043 code. I am also going to keep watching for price drops with other codes that don't include LDW/CDW.
Where is the xz53043 code from?
Thanks
1998 Polynesian 1999 Contemporary
1999 Carribean Beach 2000 DisneyLand Offsite
2002 Wilderness Lodge! 2004 Vistana Resort
2007 Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings!)
2008 All Star Vacation home
2011 Dolphin (Birthday Bash!)
2013 Dolphin
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #112
Tanooki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post

Where is the xz53043 code from?
Thanks
Not much better if you ask me, since it's for Compass Group and I don't work for them...
Sept/Oct 1999 : Offsite - My first time, me and dh only Aug 2008 : Offsite (rental home) - First family trip! Aug 2009 : Offsite (rental home) Feb/Mar 2010 : Offsite (rental home) Dec 2010 : First time onsite - At Pop! Feb/Mar 2011 : Onsite at RPR (Universal) Aug 2011 : Onsite at Pop! Aug 2012 : Offsite (rental home) March 2013 : Offsite (rental home) - Family Reunion! August 2013 : Bonnet Creek - August 2014 : Back to Pop for free dining!

Tanooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #113
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post

Yep. Back to the drawing board. That's a shame. However, I still have hope. I was accepted with my first bid on Priceline in February about a week before we left. We got a full size from Budget for the trip and the whole experience was great. I believe it came to just over 200 for 9 days. I think I probably should have bid lower considering they took my first bid. Now, you don't get to choose the company with Priceline, but it will be one of the big ones that is IN the terminals not the ones near the airport so it works out ok.
If you go this route, just bid what you are willing to pay and if it's rejected then you've got your National reservation.
This isn't a good idea until the week of the trip though, so I'll keep looking in the meantime.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #114
brettb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not much better if you ask me, since it's for Compass Group and I don't work for them...
Hmmm. I had seen that code in one of the other rental car threads on DIS boards. I had assumed that "Compass Group" was a travel agency and it was sort of a generic discount code. Unlike the KLM and Vroom Vroom codes, it does not include LDW/CDW, any other extra insurances, and taxes.

It does seem like that Compass Group code is intended for the food service company's employees. Darn!
10/02 Polynesian
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #115
Gretchen
Mouseketeer

Oh, and I hate to break it to everyone...but the vroom code doesn't include the insurance. It's additional when you go to preregister and pay.
1998 Polynesian 1999 Contemporary
1999 Carribean Beach 2000 DisneyLand Offsite
2002 Wilderness Lodge! 2004 Vistana Resort
2007 Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings!)
2008 All Star Vacation home
2011 Dolphin (Birthday Bash!)
2013 Dolphin
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 AM   #116
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Oh, and I hate to break it to everyone...but the vroom code doesn't include the insurance. It's additional when you go to preregister and pay.
I have never paid anything different than the price quoted!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #117
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well I am also from Canada and have used it for almost 3 yrs with NO PROBLEMS EVER!!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #118
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDoubtfire View Post
Thank you for posting this . I had a funny feeling that this code was too good to be true. Since I am not at all an International traveler, I will not take a chance with using this code and then be turned away once we go to pick up a rental car.

Back to the drawing board, so to speak.
Well it has never been too good to be true for me!!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #119
MrsDoubtfire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5boyz View Post
Well it has never been too good to be true for me!!!!
Lucky you! I am not a gambler so I'll keep looking for a code that I am comfortable using.

I have done VERY WELL with car rental prices for 3 years, so hopefully I will be okay this year also. The main difference this year for us is the length of our stay = 13 days versus our usual 8 to 9 days. We have never paid over $200 (with all taxes and fees) for rentals in the past, with the norm at approx $150 or so - for mid-sized SUVS, mid-size cars, and last year a Cadillac. I hope to pay not much more than $200 for 13 days, but that might be asking for too much this year, lol.
MrsDoubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #120
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDoubtfire View Post
Lucky you! I am not a gambler so I'll keep looking for a code that I am comfortable using.

I have done VERY WELL with car rental prices for 3 years, so hopefully I will be okay this year also. The main difference this year for us is the length of our stay = 13 days versus our usual 8 to 9 days. We have never paid over $200 (with all taxes and fees) for rentals in the past, with the norm at approx $150 or so - for mid-sized SUVS, mid-size cars, and last year a Cadillac. I hope to pay not much more than $200 for 13 days, but that might be asking for too much this year, lol.
Dont blame you...I would stick to what I was comfortable with too! Hope you get the price your looking for and have a great trip. So do you stay off site is that why you rent the car? We only use it for one day to do shopping and then if we go on a cruise we use it to drive there and drive back. We did stay off last year in May and that is when I got 8 days for $102. I have only ever had problems with Dollar and would never use them but I am sure other people have never had problems with them...sometimes I think it is just who you get at the counter!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: